Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a VIN this morning, delivery 5/6-5/8. I am a little concerned by the number though…I e been seeing a lot of 429 here lately and this is a 424. Could this be a test drive car or maybe a vehicle that has been refused by one or more reservation holders already?
From my understanding (mostly from reading the MYP thread), VINs aren’t sequential. So, your car could have been built the same day as the 429 cars but was given a different range there. Demo cars are generally cleared out at the end of the quarter, and I’d think if someone rejected it after seeing it then the car would be ready for you almost immediately.

Reactions: cusetownusa
I got a VIN this morning, delivery 5/6-5/8. I am a little concerned by the number though…I e been seeing a lot of 429 here lately and this is a 424. Could this be a test drive car or maybe a vehicle that has been refused by one or more reservation holders already?
Great news! Our builds and location are similar, but no movement on mine yet - still sitting on May11-25.
Looks like September and October orders are having a good end of the week so far.

Please let this continue for the rest of us!

Ordered my 7 seat MYLR in October of 2021, ODD July 2022. It moved up to April-May 2022 for a few months. then simply said 'August'. Woke up the other day and it now says September 16-October 14. Honestly driving me nuts as we live in a far northern CA and the dealership where we will pick it up is 5 hours a way in the SF Bay Area. We have to plan our weekend to pick it up. Anyway....I guess the delay seems to be associated with the 7 seat option...by the time I get this vehicle my kids will have out grown the third row seating!
Did your delivery date get put out till October 2022 - January 2023? I just checked mine today and that's what is says. I ordered 5 seater, long range, blue with white interior and trailer hitch.

I have an Early OD...and nothing...ugh

Was really hoping for a change today.
I have late Oct OD. I also think I was pushed out earlier this week (on sunday vs mon-tue for most people). It still shows me July 30-Sept10 for me. I know its most likely a placeholder but I am so impatient now.

It feels like I am the only one whose EDD has the furthest date, was pushed earlier and still no update today :( Guess not

Reactions: aguzzi17
I was hoping for my VIN today, but instead got the date pushed out till Oct 2022 - Jan 2023. I ordered in Oct 2021.
Jeez...that's nuts...just FYI...i got this email...not sure i'd put much stock in it...but it's something

Hi Alan,

We were actually just notified of an error in our system. It looks like the ETA will move forward closer to the beginning of next month. As soon as we have a VIN assigned we can provide more insight and updates on the ETA. At this time, we expect an update to be pushed to your account within the next week or so to reflect a more accurate delivery estimate. We apologize for any confusion this has caused and we appreicate your understanding as we work to resolve this.

Best Regards,

I have late Oct OD. I also think I was pushed out earlier this week (on sunday vs mon-tue for most people). It still shows me July 30-Sept10 for me. I know its most likely a placeholder but I am so impatient now.

It feels like I am the only one whose EDD has the furthest date, was pushed earlier and still no update today :(Guess not
I too am impatient, just had my date pushed out for my MYLR from Apr 20 - May 25 to Oct 2022 - Jan 2023. I was expecting to get a VIN # not the date pushed out so far. Any idea what's the holdup?

Jeez...that's nuts...just FYI...i got this email...not sure i'd put much stock in it...but it's something

Hi Alan,

We were actually just notified of an error in our system. It looks like the ETA will move forward closer to the beginning of next month. As soon as we have a VIN assigned we can provide more insight and updates on the ETA. At this time, we expect an update to be pushed to your account within the next week or so to reflect a more accurate delivery estimate. We apologize for any confusion this has caused and we appreicate your understanding as we work to resolve this.

Best Regards,
Hi Alan, who did you email to get that response? I'm not sure where to start. Thanks so much :)