Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a new/updated EDD.

Just for review.
Ordered Blue Model Y Long Range with Induction wheels

Order Date: October 10, 2021.
Original Estimated Delivery Date: April 2022
Delivery Date kept moving back, and was most recently Sept-October 2022. Pushing an entire year if so.
My order was NOT set to cash. It was set to finance, and I didn't fill in the application because I didn't want an approval that would hit my credit, but then expire before the car was ready.

On Saturday, April 23, 2022 upgraded to a Model Y Performance. Blue. With the current prices of the MYP, figured it looked like a bargain now.

Switched my payment method to cash.

This morning I received a new Estimated Delivery Date of April 30-May 14. That's coming up soon! I was hoping for a date before the end of June, so this looks promising.

I'm in Camarillo, CA, so I don't know if this means that the west coast push starts soon. It's also possible that there is still going to be a minimal amount of cars made for the west before the EOQ push, but my Oct 2021 order date is one of the older ones for a Performance, so its expected before that EOQ push.

Seems like late Oct orders on east coast are seeing some movement as well.
Would be nice if everyone getting VIN can put it on VIN finder website and then update the tracker. So this would give us idea on when the MYs are getting build.
Based on the inventory tracker it seems like most of the builds were around April 14-20 which makes sense as that's roughly when most of Sept-Oct orders had EDD pushed to placeholder dates.

I ordered back in mid Oct 2021 and my EDD just changed too and I got a VIN assigned for a Fremont build. Not sure if I want to defer or not. It sounds like Austin is having some battery issues and only producing the standard range to employees for testing.

MYLR | Black | Gemini Wheels | No Tow | Black Interior | 5 Seater | No FSD
Previous EDD: July 13 - Aug 24
New EDD: May 13 - May 17

Reactions: Jeremiah29.11
Seems like late Oct orders on east coast are seeing some movement as well.
Would be nice if everyone getting VIN can put it on VIN finder website and then update the tracker. So this would give us idea on when the MYs are getting build.
Based on the inventory tracker it seems like most of the builds were around April 14-20 which makes sense as that's roughly when most of Sept-Oct orders had EDD pushed to placeholder dates.
On East Coast, sees lots of MSM, ordered on Mid October, just with white interior. Are MSM with white interior build or I'm just being penalized for late profile completion?

I ordered back in mid Oct 2021 and my EDD just changed too and I got a VIN assigned for a Fremont build. Not sure if I want to defer or not. It sounds like Austin is having some battery issues and only producing the standard range to employees for testing.

MYLR | Black | Gemini Wheels | No Tow | Black Interior | 5 Seater | No FSD
Previous EDD: July 13 - Aug 24
New EDD: May 13 - May 17
Yeah, it sounds like you’re only allowed one deferral, and no one knows when Austin will start building MYLR. I’d take it if I were you!