Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I GOT A VIN!! Was literally just looking through the source code when I got a text, and now it’s there!

NF433, EDD is now 5/11-5/15!
I'm amazed every time I hear about someone actually getting notified about a VIN or any changes with their order. I don't understand how Tesla, as the pre-eminent "tech" auto manufacturer is so poor at basic digital communications. I've literally never gotten an email or text notification about EDD changes or even when my VIN was assigned. Heck, if I wasn't so eagerly checking the status of my order, I'd probably still have been completely oblivious and wouldn't have lined anything up with financing or insurance. Don't really understand why Tesla doesn't just have an automated text + email system for whenever a VIN is assigned. Pretty incomprehensible to me.

Ok, only difference is white interior & location... but still doesn't mean I should be next quarter.... I see people with white seats getting built too & people from my area getting VINs... so depressing man.
Like I said earlier, you're really setting yourself up for a lot of pain and angst with an expectation for delivery in line with October orders given that you completed your profile in March. It really sucks and I do think it is crazy that Tesla's system used to work that way, but this is going to be a rough bunch of months if you are expecting an imminent delivery because others with profiles completed in October are starting to get their VINs. Hang in there!

Haha there’s a good chance we’re switching to Carrier Direct, unless they can by magic find us a second car to pick up at the same time. It’s a long day to get down there and come back from Rochester!
I’m interested in how your delivery process plays out…although I opted for Carrier Direct, I’m willing to change if it’s available when I’m off work. Keep us posted, and so happy for you!

Reactions: RocY
I'm amazed every time I hear about someone actually getting notified about a VIN or any changes with their order. I don't understand how Tesla, as the pre-eminent "tech" auto manufacturer is so poor at basic digital communications. I've literally never gotten an email or text notification about EDD changes or even when my VIN was assigned. Heck, if I wasn't so eagerly checking the status of my order, I'd probably still have been completely oblivious and wouldn't have lined anything up with financing or insurance. Don't really understand why Tesla doesn't just have an automated text + email system for whenever a VIN is assigned. Pretty incomprehensible to me.

Like I said earlier, you're really setting yourself up for a lot of pain and angst with an expectation for delivery in line with October orders given that you completed your profile in March. It really sucks and I do think it is crazy that Tesla's system used to work that way, but this is going to be a rough bunch of months if you are expecting an imminent delivery because others with profiles completed in October are starting to get their VINs. Hang in there!
Yeah, some consistency would be nice.

I’m interested in how your delivery process plays out…although I opted for Carrier Direct, I’m willing to change if it’s available when I’m off work. Keep us posted, and so happy for you!
I’ll keep you posted on how it goes! Apparently we have until the car arrives at the delivery center to make the call, so we’ll keep seeing if we can snag something from inventory.

Yeah, some consistency would be nice.

I'm in the same boat as well. no notifications

Tesla Location in Houston North just called me. A Guy told me he has been receiving my text messages. He said that they are working hard at matching orders with VINs. He said that when you text Tesla. It does go to your closet local store or service center. I apologized for my desperate text messages. 😆. Then he told me that I will probably get a Vin next week and get a delivery. The first week of May. Probably BullShit. He also so said that they have a lot of Vehicles coming in at the first two weeks of May. Probably Bullshit as well. I told him I will stop begging and Drunk Texting him. He said. It’s okay. It’s the best way to contact him. 😆
Do you mind sharing the text number that i can reach Tesla?

Thanks

I’ll keep you posted on how it goes! Apparently we have until the car arrives at the delivery center to make the call, so we’ll keep seeing if we can snag something from inventory.
“delivery center” = Mt. Kisco, correct?
I hope it works out for you, but I can’t help thinking that if they gotta line up more than one Carrier delivery, they’ll expedite mine to get a “two-fer” deal from the 3rd party Carrier☺️ (Hope that doesn’t slow your delivery down)😳.
Good luck!

Hello, all

Allow myself to introduce....myself.🤪

I have an Order date of Oct 31, 2021. Order details: a MYLR7, Blue, Tow-hitch, 20" wheels. Like most, my EDD has bounced around for 6 months, but my original EDD was May 2022 so it's looking like the original promise date will hold true. Current window for delivery is May 9 thru June 6th.

Just waiting and waiting on a VIN. Hopefully that it comes in the next week or two. Just watching everyone else get a VIN and I'll post when anything changes.

Reactions: Rskala518
“delivery center” = Mt. Kisco, correct?
I hope it works out for you, but I can’t help thinking that if they gotta line up more than one Carrier delivery, they’ll expedite mine to get a “two-fer” deal from the 3rd party Carrier☺️ (Hope that doesn’t slow your delivery down)😳.
Good luck!
On that, maybe you could get a twofer deal on delivery of both of yours (if the other one would become available) too😬