Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else lay in bed debating pros and cons of mods over and over… like upgrade from MYLR5 to MYP (apparently can still do at price based on OD) or add FSD at $10K now (OD price still avail) vs $12k if I buy later….

I test drove a base MYLR and ordered same day…was like driving a super-charged go-cart with low center of mass, tight cornering….I got hooked and can’t wait to “test drive” my own MY every day…. But the lure of the MYP still haunts me….except the fear of blowing rims/tires on MN potholes….are the 21” wheels that harsh…prone to hazard? My EDD is 5/14~5/29…..hopefully that sticks…and probably no wrong decisions here either way but a little FOMO on the MYP after this long wait….
Hang in there! You've already done the hard part waiting it out this long! I don't think FSD is remotely close to being worth $10K let alone $12K. I work in a related field and it is still going to be many many years before Tesla has a hope of actually getting to non-stressful FSD in city driving. You're much better off paying the monthly fee to play with it or use it for longer road-trips, etc.

Personally, like you, the MYLR was already turbo-charged enough for me. I'd much rather have the smoother ride and not have to worry about blowing my tires due to potholes, etc. The sidewalls on the MYP are almost non-existent and I really don't see the appeal of daily driving with those tires. In fact, I might have been more tempted to get a MYP with 19 wheels if that was an option. I honestly think you're better off saving the money and then splurging $2K on the acceleration boost if you really feel like you need more punch to the acceleration. Now, I'm sure that people who care a lot more than me about driving dynamics, etc, will feel differently. But I'm not that kind of car guy, and if I want a sporty car, I wouldn't look for that experience from my family SUV. In the meanwhile, I'll just enjoy getting my racing fix in iRacing 😄

I'm also a MN buyer. Picking up in Maplewood. Are you sure we get free mudflaps? What's ppf?

LR5, white/white + Tow
OD: 10-7-21
EDD: May 30 - July 4
We get free front mud flaps and rear Paint Protective Film (PPF) on the rear wheel area.

Its this kit for free. If your car doesn't have it at pick up ask and you can get them for free via a service apt.

We get free front mud flaps and rear Paint Protective Film (PPF) on the rear wheel area.

Its this kit for free. If your car doesn't have it at pick up ask and you can get them for free via a service apt.

My pickup is also EP. Didn’t know about the winter kit with flaps and ppf….awesome..and will be on watch for it.

Reactions: Kijak
Has anyone checked to see. If we can legally pass our reservation’s to our kid’s? I have a CyberTruck and Model Y on order or preorder. I’m a fairly young man. By the time I receive my Tesla or any Tesla. My son will probably be able to drive. He is still in diapers but he is a fast learner. While having more patience then me to wait. 😆 jk

Yeah heard about that, am wondering if I am north enough (NYC), north, gets snowed, but not as much as MN. Am debating if I should order the flaps & ppf or mine will come included. Would be great / simpler if they just install it on every car or do it by states, so we know.

Yeah heard about that, am wondering if I am north enough (NYC), north, gets snowed, but not as much as MN. Am debating if I should order the flaps & ppf or mine will come included. Would be great / simpler if they just install it on every car or do it by states, so we know.
I was told a while back by my SA at Mt Kisco that my car would not come with mudflaps or PPF. Not sure if anyone from Tesla has ever been to NY, especially the northern and western parts of the state!

Which store? I would encourage you to NOT let them get away with that…they owe it to you to try to make amends and also, they need to be better for future buyers. Good luck!
The one in Meatpacking district in NYC, I know, it's not my fault. I told them in March after I found out, they told me nothing can be done, they're doing all they can, no one knows what really is happening, and don't trust the forums. If only there was a way I can escalate this to HQ. Felt cheated on / misled, waited for a few blank months for nothing, only to be in line with March orders even though I've ordered back in October.

highly doubt you will get the car in a year, EDD can push to forever until you are forced to upgrade or add FSD. That's so riduculous.
No need to be so rude!
I’ve had 5 different EDD’s and now I’m in my 2 week window.
I was waiting for my M3 last year and they said it would be 4 months and I had it in 4 weeks.

You are probably right. Tesla has no intention to fulfill those Y orders without FSD before the price hike. So their EDD will be pushed to infinity until the customer give up and upgrade to P or add FSD. Stupid Greedy Assholes.

WOW! If you feel that way about Tesla, I highly recommend you pass your car on to someone who appreciates Tesla's.