Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Continued happiness for VIN holders!!!

Currently at 187 days since order. First day of EDD represents 201-215 days if it's not pushed for the 3rd time. Is the spreadsheet being updated with these? It's definitely no longer 6 months.

We're almost to June, they'll be shutting off all deliveries to non-CA soon. Hope y'all have alternate transportation until August. It's gonna be tough juggling one car all summer.

EDD had been shifting a week or two since March. Most recent was 5/5 - 5/19. Pretty sure it's in batches. Was nervous for another push out after missing Monday's VIN blowout. I am guessing East Coast will likely flow to mostly end of quarter?
Wish you were right about that. With the recent drop in stock I'm sure they will continue their CA BS to pump up numbers in June.

Reactions: Otter2007
Wish you were right about that. With the recent drop in stock I'm sure they will continue their CA BS to pump up numbers in June.
He's right, if by the third week of may your VIN isn't assigned then end of the quarter rush to deliver to US west coast begins. They have lost all estimates this quarter and will need a hail mary to prevent a stock drop as 2nd quarter delivery numbers from Shanghai come out

Yeah heard about that, am wondering if I am north enough (NYC), north, gets snowed, but not as much as MN. Am debating if I should order the flaps & ppf or mine will come included. Would be great / simpler if they just install it on every car or do it by states, so we know.
Though, in the spirit of “SAs don’t know anything”, Tesla Chat said we should get them. So, I guess we won’t actually know until we get the car 🤷🏻‍♀️

I can't believe this. I called, for the 1st time, my local Tesla adviser. Shared with her my disappointment with the constant movement of my EDD from May to June and for the last 2 months October EDD. Explained we were looking to take a long trip in July and had hoped when we placed the order last October we would have had it to take.

I asked about changing color, FSD, wheels and or anything I could do to move the order forward. She shared that there were a lot of changes recently and FSD or higher mark up changes no longer make a difference. Colors or moving to a P model would at this time but even that could change as more people switched to one. She said let me keep an eye out for a order that the customer has to drop and that she would keep in touch with me.

Well less then 24 hours later I get a text followed by my advisors call to let me know someone with the exact order had to decline because they were buying a home and needed to wait until their financing was complete. F4264XX May13 to May17

I know there have been complaints about customer service and I have experienced it calling in on the general customer service phone lines. I highly advise and so glad I did call my assigned advisor at my local. SHE IS AMAZING!!! This was the Charlotte service center.

Continued happiness for VIN holders!!!

Currently at 187 days since order. First day of EDD represents 201-215 days if it's not pushed for the 3rd time. Is the spreadsheet being updated with these? It's definitely no longer 6 months.

We're almost to June, they'll be shutting off all deliveries to non-CA soon. Hope y'all have alternate transportation until August. It's gonna be tough juggling one car all summer.
Don’t lose hope yet. I think they will pump out as many MYs as they possibly can between now and beginning of June before shifting focus to West Coast. There’s still a good month to get a VIN. That’s a ton of VINs. Everyone that ordered in October should get a VIN before EOQ push. They need our money as much as we need their car. Hang in there! ✊🏽💪🏽

Called Mt. Kisco this morning, i guess some of the cars are coming missing a small part needed for final delivery.....no ETA on when they will be in. Its the On Board Diagnostic port i believe. there waiting for a shipment to install it.
Did they elaborate on if they would be shipping the car to Mt. Kisco and then installing or has the 2 week shipping timeline not started yet?

Don’t lose hope yet. I think they will pump out as many MYs as they possibly can between now and beginning of June before shifting focus to West Coast. There’s still a good month to get a VIN.

I realize that this thread is not just data, but also a support,biyatch, moan, and group hug therapy session.
For the data driven, Troy Teslike's spreadsheet is quite helpful. I go back a a year of so to get a handle on what fraction of data entries end up completed, and then look at early Sep orders to estimate late May VINs.

I'm optimistic -- I'd say about 80% likely I'll have a VIN.

Last edited:
I realize that this thread is not just data, but also a support,biyatch, moan, and group hug therapy session.
For the data driven, Troy Teslike's spreadsheet is quite helpful. I go back a a year of so to get a handle on what fraction of data entries end up completed, and then look at early Sep orders to estimate late May VINs.

I'm optimistic -- I'd say about 80% likely I'll have a VIN.
Nice. What is your EDD currently?

One SA yesterday told me profile completion (my profile is complete though) doesn't affect EDD at all. Complete bollocks lmao
In this one instant, they may actually have been right. I believe that Tesla changed how their system handles orders and queueing them a little while back and now your OD impacts your EDD and profile completion is not supposed to impact it anymore. For us Oct folks, I think profile completion date still matters as that was what determined our order in the queue back then, but for new orders I don't think it matters.

Reactions: WhiteWi and BGOwner