Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great Post - thanks for sharing. Things have been too quiet in MA/New England, at least for me ;(
I did get some info from a Norwell rep a few days back - see my post on mud flaps and PPF - you should be getting those as well. I've otherwise been sitting idle on May11-25 since Easter, hoping to hear some good news on a VIN soon. Hopefully this week!

Thanks again. Keep everyone updated on your progress. We can at least share in your journey while we wait ;)
I did see your post re: mud flaps and PPF. I had assumed we would be getting them given our location. I bet you get your VIN this week…it seems like they are dropping all over for the October orders lately. The relief and excitement you feel when the VIN shows up in the app is so satisfying. Good luck!

Somewhere between 8a and 10a CDT today my EDD switched from 5/11-6/8 to "September". Hopefully that is the generic system placeholder while they make a round of updates. If it really slips that far I might have to seek actual therapy (although TMC forum is pretty good).
We can speculate about wild things in the meantime.

Hmmm...

This must mean they're refitting the line so that you'll get 4680's!

Informative. I have similar build as you and in a similar situation. Ordered date was 2 weeks later, the same with profile completion, completed in Mid-March (didn't know), did you order FSD initially or you ordered later & by the time you ordered FSD or completed the profile, was FSD publicly still "prioritize"?
I added FSD about a week after I completed my profile when people were first realizing it could be added at the order date price. I had always planned to get it, but was going to get it after delivery to save on my vehicle tax. When the price jumped in January, I just accepted I missed out on 2k. Once I saw I could get it at 10k I jumped on it.

This was about a week before people realized there was prioritization of FSD, and I didn’t know at the time. So, I guess technically I added it during the time when it was being prioritized, but just to save money, not to move my date up.

I just got my first automated text from Tesla asking about a trade-in. I have not had a text from them since October when I place the order. My current EDD is May 11 to May 25
I got that text yesterday and I said “No Trade”-I really don’t have one. I just didn’t think anything more would come of it.
And this morning I got a text stating my VIN has been assigned and to complete my tasks!
Maybe your VIN is coming tomorrow.

Chiming in with my data points. I didn't complete my profile until Mid December because I didn't know it would affect my wait time.

MYLR, 20", White, Black Seats, 5 seats, no FSD, no tow, Georgia

My EDDs were
"June 2022"
May 17-Jun 16
Jun 5- July 17
July 13 - Aug 24.

I was on the last one for at least the last 2 weeks. Today it switched back to June. So far my EDDs seem to be in line with December ODs.

How did people that didn’t know to pick cash but not wanting to apply for financing only to have it expire ever got their cars?
Good question. After I saw my EDD moving out from Jan to March. I finally completed profile and SA validated everything with me. If I didn’t react to my EDD pushing out, not sure what would have happened. As it is, I have pushed out 2 more months since my profile complete EDD