Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did people that didn’t know to pick cash but not wanting to apply for financing only to have it expire ever got their cars?
I had my financing offer from Tesla expire. I sent a text message to Tesla. To ask them should I keep reapplying for financing. Because I didn’t want to keep running my credit. I was told that they would switch it to cash. Then after I got a vin. They would open the Financing option back up for me.

Oh wow, mine just updated to 5/4 - 5/7. Yesterday it was 5/2 - 5/12. No vin yet though.
Omg I have a VIN too! For some reason it’s not on the app, but the app is now asking for insurance and final payment. I hopped on the website to see if there’s a hidden VIN, but it’s sitting right there in plain sight on the website!

Omg I have a VIN too! For some reason it’s not on the app, but the app is now asking for insurance and final payment. I hopped on the website to see if there’s a hidden VIN, but it’s sitting right there in plain sight on the website!
Told you you would receive a VIN. Similar things were happening in other forums where your EDD shrink less than 2 week window you would receive a VIN and you did! Congratulations!

Reactions: MYLRinOrange
Sort of related inquiry. Is there any credence to the theory that Tesla will send us fine folks the Parcel shelf after delivery if we don't get one? I had heard this being possible, and since it seems that the Model Y's being produced out of Austin have those Parcel shelfs, I wouldn't mind having one. Of course, this is pure gravy at this point, but wouldn't say no to a free piece of kit. (Alternatively, I'd happily take a bunch of cool Tesla sway like mugs, shirts, a flamethrower.... )

• Helpful
Reactions: 3YMimi73 and Lukeg5
Sort of related inquiry. Is there any credence to the theory that Tesla will send us fine folks the Parcel shelf after delivery if we don't get one? I had heard this being possible, and since it seems that the Model Y's being produced out of Austin have those Parcel shelfs, I wouldn't mind having one. Of course, this is pure gravy at this point, but wouldn't say no to a free piece of kit. (Alternatively, I'd happily take a bunch of cool Tesla sway like mugs, shirts, a flamethrower.... )
If I remember right, I think the parcel shelf requires slightly different interior panels with a lip for the shelf to sit on.

1651497345212.png