Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please excuse me for the ignorant question but, if I don't intend to apply for Tesla financing, there's no reason to contact them after VIN assignment to change from CASH to FINANCE, correct? If I am going to get financing from another institution, I'll be bringing in (or they'll mail Tesla) a check for the balance anyway, so it'd be just like a CASH buy?! Thanks.

Reactions: Stardew
Please excuse me for the ignorant question but, if I don't intend to apply for Tesla financing, there's no reason to contact them after VIN assignment to change from CASH to FINANCE, correct? If I am going to get financing from another institution, I'll be bringing in (or they'll mail Tesla) a check for the balance anyway, so it'd be just like a CASH buy?! Thanks.
Correct. That's pretty much cash as far as Tesla is concerned.

Just keep your bank in the loop with the VIN and numbers so that they can cut a check.

Reactions: Stardew and PeteOC
After the VIN assessment, you will have to request SA to switch you from ‘cash’ to ‘third party financing’. They will then generate MVPA which your financial institution needs for processing the loan. Your financial institution will provide you a check (they can also wire directly to Tesla depending on internal policies) for the financed amount which you can hand to the Tesla rep at the time of delivery along with your certified check for the remaining balance.

After the VIN assessment, you will have to request SA to switch you from ‘cash’ to ‘third party financing’. They will then generate MVPA which your financial institution needs for processing the loan. Your financial institution will provide you a check (they can also wire directly to Tesla depending on internal policies) for the financed amount which you can hand to the Tesla rep at the time of delivery along with your certified check for the remaining balance.
I see, thank you for the info!

Just talked to a very nice person at Tesla who changed the delivery to Carrier Direct and looked up when the car is scheduled to arrive at Mt Kisco. It’ll be there next Monday! I’ll be curious to see how long it takes to actually be delivered.
I’d say our cars will be arriving on the same carrier but my EDD is May 15-19, the week after yours.
I’m going to Mt. Kisco to pick mine up though. It’s a long drive but yours is definitely longer.

I just received the text message asking if I had a trade-in. Our EDD window starts next Sunday. I’m not going to get my hopes up as I’ve seen too many here get burned. But at least I got a little Tesla attention today, so there’s that. :)

BTW, i tweeted out at tesla and elon musk, and in 48 hours i had a vin... i said FL being so far from their production facilities gets no love in terms of new vehicle deliveries... something needs to be done... not sure if that had any impact on anything... but just saying...!

• Funny
Reactions: WhiteWi
I’d say our cars will be arriving on the same carrier but my EDD is May 15-19, the week after yours.
I’m going to Mt. Kisco to pick mine up though. It’s a long drive but yours is definitely longer.
What’s weird is that my EDD is showing as May 16-20. So, they could be!! I think your VIN was only a few days after mine. If we didn’t have 3 young kids we’d definitely go to pick it up because I soooo want to get it ASAP, but it’s just such a long day and too much to worry about coordinating with them.

Reactions: 3YMimi73
What’s weird is that my EDD is showing as May 16-20. So, they could be!! I think your VIN was only a few days after mine. If we didn’t have 3 young kids we’d definitely go to pick it up because I soooo want to get it ASAP, but it’s just such a long day and too much to worry about coordinating with them.
Maybe mine is already there. I was going over my documents and it said the odometer reading was 15, which I thought was odd. Maybe it’s just a generic number. My M3 had 8 on it when I picked it up.
It’s getting exciting now, we don’t have to stress too much.

Reactions: RocY
Deliver center in Decatur, GA just texted to say my car delivery is delayed a few days.

Delivery changed from May 9 to May 13.

5A7AEFCD-F3AD-4E7B-B305-BBF94DCE5050.jpeg