Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting - did they send you the packet after you confirmed switching to Carrier Direct, or after they received the car? I presume the packet is overnight shipping both ways?
Yes overnight, they sent packet Monday, the car is supposed to be in Kisco on Friday The other packet for the one missing a part hasn't been sent yet. I switched to carrier direct last week on Friday.

• Informative
Reactions: cons220 and RocY
UGH!!! I got the dreaded push this morning. Been sitting on May11-25 since Easter, inching closer to that 2 week window until today.
Just seeing June in my EDD is a gut punch. Never thought i'd be worrying about summer vacation plans without a car - that I ordered 206 days ago!.
To those without VINs, see my OD and know that you're not alone. I wish I had better news to share.

UGH!!! I got the dreaded push this morning. Been sitting on May11-25 since Easter, inching closer to that 2 week window until today.
Just seeing June in my EDD is a gut punch. Never thought i'd be worrying about summer vacation plans without a car - that I ordered 206 days ago!.
To those without VINs, see my OD and know that you're not alone. I wish I had better news to share.
You have the same config as me, just on the opposite side of the country (and I have a trade-in)... I've been holding pretty steady with my current EDD for about a month.

But take heart - you are in a 15 day range, while I'm still stuck in a 35 day range...

Yes overnight, they sent packet Monday, the car is supposed to be in Kisco on Friday The other packet for the one missing a part hasn't been sent yet. I switched to carrier direct last week on Friday.
Ok great, thanks! Glad I switched before the car arrived. Had been thinking of waiting until it arrived because I thought maybe it’s switch to TBD, but I decided that Tesla is so much more helpful once you get a VIN and could tell me where the car is, so I decided to switch yesterday.

• Informative
Reactions: cons220
I ordered about 10 days before you with almost the same configuration (no tow in my case) and my EDD window is now a few days earlier than yours (mine is now May 14-26). If nothing else the total waiting time, if our EDDs hold, are consistent.

I won’t be surprised if next you will get a vin.

Gut punch indeed.

Gut punch indeed.

Not sure if you have noticed but a few folks in here got their VIN a couple of days after being put in the June jail. Not saying this is what is happening to you but recently June jail has also been a sign of imminent VIN assignment. Either way, you should be getting your VIN very soon considering the recent push and your OD.

Mine went from a 2 week date, to June, to VIN. Stay strong, you never know.

All,
Got my VIN Today and need to push the delivery as i'll be unavailable during the window. can you please let me know how we can request it and am i going to loose anything if i ask for a re-schedule in the delivery. Help me out.

TIA
Nothing is set on stone until your car actually arrives at the Service Center and is inspected. The appointment is tentative. But once the car is on site, they usually only give you 3 days to pick up. If you are unavailable during the whole week or two around that time, you may need to let them know and they will probably let the VIN go and assign you another VIN some other time. You wont be going to the back of the line if this is your first time rejecting a VIN. You can also have someone else pick up the car for you or have it delivered at your home without you being there (if you are comfortable with that).

Talk to your SA or someone at the delivery location and confirm everything from the 3 day pick up window to the consequences of not being able to pick up the car. Tesla's policy changes all the time.

So my EDD is currently 5/4-6/1. Obviously only a day away from my month range. Has anyone else gotten this close to a month range EDD without a change? I have low expectations but should I expect an update today?
I think some have entered their window with no VIN. I'm only 6 days away from my Window of 5/9 thru 6/4 so I might be right there with you on Monday.

As some have said, the EDD is not to be relied upon. I think MOST people are getting their cars around the original time frame quoted upon order. Remember, most people are not on these forums and just take delivery. I think this forum is skewed toward those who have been bumped or have an issue.

Reactions: Stardew