Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fingers crossed as of now
Keep the faith my red / white brother (or sister). 5 day window is great!
Seen you are in same location, I think this applies to you as well: unlike other places where people can bring cashiers' check to Tesla on the day of delivery, no can't do for Austin folks. You can:
* mail check to Fremont (they will provide instructions)
* enter your bank info in Tesla App (money will be deducted 2/3 days before delivery date via ACH
* financing: not sure how this works. I'd imagine Tesla needs a check or money from bank. You need work this out with your loan provider/Tesla. Hopefully people on this forum can provide you that information.
I financed through DCU and they provided tracking number (fedex overnight) and .jpegs of the check front and back. These were sufficient for the Tesla SA to proceed with delivery, even if the physical check itself was somehow delayed.

Reactions: PeteOC
Keep the faith my red / white brother (or sister). 5 day window is great!

I financed through DCU and they provided tracking number (fedex overnight) and .jpegs of the check front and back. These were sufficient for the Tesla SA to proceed with delivery, even if the physical check itself was somehow delayed.
I’ll be financing through DCU as well and was wondering if I may pick your brain a bit on the process?

1. Do they only need VIN to start processing the loan app?

2. How long did they take to process the loan?

3. Did DCU send one check for the total cost of your car?

4. If you had set your payment method as CASH initially, did you have to ask Tesla to reset it to 3rd party financing before contacting DCU?

Sorry for the line of questions. I just want to be as prepared for the process before hand as possible.

Thank you for your time!

I’ll be financing through DCU as well and was wondering if I may pick your brain a bit on the process?

1. Do they only need VIN to start processing the loan app?

2. How long did they take to process the loan?

3. Did DCU send one check for the total cost of your car?

4. If you had set your payment method as CASH initially, did you have to ask Tesla to reset it to 3rd party financing before contacting DCU?

Sorry for the line of questions. I just want to be as prepared for the process before hand as possible.

Thank you for your time!
Not the person you replied to, but I got my loan through DCU these past couple of days ahead of my delivery this Thursday.

1. No, they will require the MVPA (Motor vehicle purchase agreement) from Tesla. They need to update it with information that says DCU will provide the financing.
    1. I might be wrong on this, but I started my loan before I received the VIN. Once I had the MVPA, I uploaded it to the DCU website to complete the loan application.
  2. Fast. Immediately after I uploaded the MVPA, I called them because I know there tends to be a wait. I chose the callback option and an hour later they called back and said I was good to go. My hiccup was that my wife is also on the loan and they needed to hear her provide authorization, but otherwise it would have been done there. After this, they send a docusign that you need to sign and then you part is done.
  3. Yes. You can either have them send it to yourself or to Tesla. I opted to send it to Tesla, and then DCU provided a photo of the check and FedEx tracking. I sent both of those to the dealership along with my loan agreement, called Tesla, and they confirmed I'm good to go for delivery.
  4. Yes. I read you could do it through online chat, but they redirected me to call my dealership. Dealership had no problem doing this for me. They will ask for the name of the bank along with the amount you're financing.
Rough timeline, got my VIN on Sunday, scheduled delivery Monday morning, Monday morning called Tesla to switch to third-party financing, and I technically would have had the loan completed the same day. DCU has a cutoff of 2PM Eastern for submitting the loan.

This Reddit post is also very helpful when dealing with DCU and the process.

Congrats to all who received their recent VINs. My OD was Oct 18, 2021...Model Y LR /blue / tow. I have had only a few EDD changes...currently June 3-July 8, 2022. Like many in this blog, I have been without a car for several months, sharing My wife's 2010 Prius (which I must say is surprisingly agile, comfortable and very reliable after 97 k miles). Getting to the point: I decided to purchase the 2022.5 Volvo XC60 Recharge T8 (455 hp) which has been terrific...achieving 45 miles of pure electric range which means virtually 100% of my commute being electric. So, what to do with my Tesla order. The simplest/most practical choice is to cancel the order and move on. What other options would the sage members of this forum consider :rolleyes:. Cheers!
Don't listen to the people telling you to flip the car, unless you are okay being banned from purchasing a Tesla to make a few thousand dollars. Tesla has been very aggressive about banning people flipping cars. It explicitly violates their purchase agreement and given the current wait on Teslas, it is understandable that they want to nip reselling in the bud. Read these forums to find other people who have gotten hit by this issue.

For those financing with tesla, what is their current rate? Seems like a lot of people went with DCU, are their rates any better? Looking for a 72 month loan with +20% down and top tier credit but don’t want my credit pulled anymore just to discover a high interest rate. Feds are supposed to raise rates by 0.5 today too.

Don't listen to the people telling you to flip the car, unless you are okay being banned from purchasing a Tesla to make a few thousand dollars. Tesla has been very aggressive about banning people flipping cars. It explicitly violates their purchase agreement and given the current wait on Teslas, it is understandable that they want to nip reselling in the bud. Read these forums to find other people who have gotten hit by this issu
Don't listen to the people telling you to flip the car, unless you are okay being banned from purchasing a Tesla to make a few thousand dollars. Tesla has been very aggressive about banning people flipping cars. It explicitly violates their purchase agreement and given the current wait on Teslas, it is understandable that they want to nip reselling in the bud. Read these forums to find other people who have gotten hit by this issue.
Flip the Volvo. Not the Tesla.

Reactions: PeteOC and BGOwner
Good call! Would be interested to hear what they say since you have the same config and VIN range as me, really hope your delivery sticks though, this was a tough one! Zach is actually a family friend of ours ha
So far no e-mail from Zach, but hey its early morning and I e-mailed him later in the day. Its good that Aguzi so far seems to be on schedule.

It's funny though, I told my wife that It might get pushed back and she was like, "why couldnt you just go to a dealer and buy a car? It seems like your car is always being delayed... blah blah blah"

I explained that technically they were only 1 month late from the initial delivery window, and all the updates make it confusing for the general consumer. She didnt care lol...

Reactions: PeteOC and aguzzi17
So far no e-mail from Zach, but hey its early morning and I e-mailed him later in the day. Its good that Aguzi so far seems to be on schedule.

It's funny though, I told my wife that It might get pushed back and she was like, "why couldnt you just go to a dealer and buy a car? It seems like your car is always being delayed... blah blah blah"

I explained that technically they were only 1 month late from the initial delivery window, and all the updates make it confusing for the general consumer. She didnt care lol...
The problem with mine though...I'm still 4 days from my delivery date...i think i'm too far out for them to truly know if my part is on the car or not. I think it was a canned answer. I'll feel better after Friday. Your pickup is tomorrow?

My contact used to be Zach (I think it’s someone else now), and he was always off on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

The problem with mine though...I'm still 4 days from my delivery date...i think i'm too far out for them to truly know if my part is on the car or not. I think it was a canned answer. I'll feel better after Friday. Your pickup is tomorrow?
Pickup is Friday. Based on what Luke said, it looks like they contacted him 48hrs prior to delivery, and based on my initial e-mail from Zach, it looks like the car will be at Mt. Kisco today. So they will likely inspect and reach out to me with any delays. At the end of the day, its not a big deal if it is. I'd love to get more information though on what this missing part is? I doubt its a car shipping/logistical thing.

Pickup is Friday. Based on what Luke said, it looks like they contacted him 48hrs prior to delivery, and based on my initial e-mail from Zach, it looks like the car will be at Mt. Kisco today. So they will likely inspect and reach out to me with any delays. At the end of the day, its not a big deal if it is. I'd love to get more information though on what this missing part is? I doubt its a car shipping/logistical thing.
Good Luck today - and more importantly Friday...please keep us posted!

So, as of now, I'm still on track for Mt. Kisco on Sunday. When I had reached out after getting my VIN, they said my car was scheduled to arrive on the 6th, and they needed 2 days or so to prep. When my window hit the app, it said to pick a date between the 6th and maybe the 10th. Me and the wife were not going to both take a Friday off of work to pick up, so the 6th was out, and I thought we had a commitment on the 7th, so I picked the 8th. While I was, of course, wrong about the 7th, I'm thinking the 8th was the best move anyway. If my car arrives on the 6th, and is not missing the OBD2 port, seems more likely we will have lift off on the 8th, with them having the car for 2 days prior, and not just one.

But I still warned my wife and kids that, until we are driving it home, it could be delayed. Tesla did take my $ out of my account today . . .

My car is supposed to arrive at Mt Kisco today as well and we have the same 1st 3 digits of our VIN. Hopefully our deliveries go as planned. 🤞