Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got an email (yesterday 5/3) from someone at Mt kisco outlining what I need to complete prior to delivery and confirming details about about my order (financing, etc). In that email she mentioned that my vehicle was set to arrive at the DC on 5/4. She also said she will notify me when it does arrive.
Mine was supposed to be there on Friday, your giving me hope it comes in early.

Reactions: aguzzi17
So your Charger delivered on time with the estimated date? That sounds pretty good. Don’t need SA contact for anything inbetween.
The problem isn’t the abundance of info, it’s the shifting ED dates with no rhyme or reason. I would absolutely prefer to get one date that delivers accordingly. 2 hours at the dealership is nothing compared to the number of hours trying to figure out Tesla supply chain and browsing forums for info.
So the Challenger was actually delivered early, but I literally didnt get any information until that point. Additionally, at the time, when I ordered it (which was also about a 2 hour affair, since they were trying to get me to buy something on the lot instead of ordering it) they said it would take around 8-12 weeks from order to delivery.

Reactions: ultracoop
Im beginning to think that my nearly identical order (I have tow, you don't) is gonna slip to either June/July, or even further in Q3.

Heck, we even ordered on the same day!
I was getting frustrated at some point (end of March/early April), then very suddenly things started moving. I don't know what happened / caused it. It is really quite nebulous how the dates move and are assigned.

Good luck to you and everyone else waiting. May Elon pick your RN out of that rather large hat very soon!

• Funny
Reactions: VandalSibs
Just received a Text from my SA asking about trade-in information. Still no VIN and my window remains 5/9 thru 6/6.

OD: 10/31. blue, tow, 20" wheels, 7 seater. no FSD
Baltimore here, same config except 5 seater. I got that same text last week. Today window shifted to May 24 - June 07. Seems we will get a vin once a car with our config is available.

Reactions: bluewhite79
It's been exhausting to wait for my MY(red, Gemini wheels, 5 seater). I placed the order on the Oct 25th 2021. The estimated delivery date was in May 2022. It's later pushed to July, and now it's from September 10- November 5. I am in Washington. Is there really a 1-year wait on these vehicles? I am carless for months now. I talked to a person in the dealership, and he says that most likely, these vehicles stick to the original estimated date. My question is, does sticking to the original estimated date real? How long before actual delivery and VIN assignment, do we get the call

It's been exhausting to wait for my MY(red, Gemini wheels, 5 seater). I placed the order on the Oct 25th 2021. The estimated delivery date was in May 2022. It's later pushed to July, and now it's from September 10- November 5. I am in Washington. Is there really a 1-year wait on these vehicles? I am carless for months now. I talked to a person in the dealership, and he says that most likely, these vehicles stick to the original estimated date. My question is, does sticking to the original estimated date real? How long before actual delivery and VIN assignment, do we get the call

I ordered on October 10, and my original EDD was April.

Changed from LR to P in April because it was showing an EDD of Sept-Oct.

If it makes you feel a little better.. my EDD changed last weekend to Sep, no date range just the month. There is some kind of parts shortage for sure. Tesla started strong on the VIN game in April. I wonder if that’s the reason MY’s at GT are just parked and waiting for parts before they get delivered to Mars.

OD: 10/28, base MY, no upgrades

Reactions: Winning Guy
I was getting frustrated at some point (end of March/early April), then very suddenly things started moving. I don't know what happened / caused it. It is really quite nebulous how the dates move and are assigned.

Good luck to you and everyone else waiting. May Elon pick your RN out of that rather large hat very soon!
Yeah..... it wasn't this drawn out when I got my Model 3 (back in 2019). I get supply chains are a mess right now, and there's other shortages....

I've got a history of my EDD changes since ordering - it has changed 11 times, and eight of those have been push-outs into the future. It's a bit annoying.

I fell really bad for my sister though - ordered a VW ID.4 Pro in March, her EDD was November (and technically the order isn't confirmed yet, that is a process that is much later for VW apparently), and I'm guessing she won't get it until sometime in 2023. Because VW is sold out for the year in the US and Europe.... for all of their EVs.

Reactions: xls_