Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So changing colors help ?
I didn't change color. I changed from Long Range to Performance. It's been blue the whole time.

I don't know if it really helped or not. I did get a new EDD that was much closer within 2 days, but I'm seeing a lot of people who have Long Range with an October order date like mine receiving their VINs now. So who knows?

No regrets though. I'm looking forward to the Performance version. I was on the fence about it when I originally ordered because of the 21" wheels, but now that overall prices have gone up on new orders it seems like a bargain comparatively, so it pushed me over. I test drove it and was fine with the feeling of the drive.

I think with color, it may help a week or two depending on what they happen to be making at the time. But at that point, you're just rolling the dice because you don't know what color is next.

I didn't change color. I changed from Long Range to Performance. It's been blue the whole time.

I don't know if it really helped or not. I did get a new EDD that was much closer within 2 days, but I'm seeing a lot of people who have Long Range with an October order date like mine receiving their VINs now. So who knows?

No regrets though. I'm looking forward to the Performance version. I was on the fence about it when I originally ordered because of the 21" wheels, but now that overall prices have gone up on new orders it seems like a bargain comparatively, so it pushed me over. I test drove it and was fine with the feeling of the drive.

I think with color, it may help a week or two depending on what they happen to be making at the time. But at that point, you're just rolling the dice because you don't know what color is next.
makes sense. Thank you

Anyone with a VIN in the F43xxxx got a parts hold on their car? I reached out to the SA and asked if i am impacted by the recent parts issue just out of caution, and got a vague response.

He says "...your vehicle is a part of the audit to confirm your vehicle is ready for delivery". Uhhh ok, what does that mean? Do they not know if the car is missing parts until it arrives onsite? I did text him back asking the same but just wanted to see if anyone got similar vague responses.

Anyone with a VIN in the F43xxxx got a parts hold on their car? I reached out to the SA and asked if i am impacted by the recent parts issue just out of caution, and got a vague response.

He says "...your vehicle is a part of the audit to confirm your vehicle is ready for delivery". Uhhh ok, what does that mean? Do they not know if the car is missing parts until it arrives onsite? I did text him back asking the same but just wanted to see if anyone got similar vague responses.
i emailed yesterday to ask...and got this response...

Hello, your vehicle appears to be good to go for delivery on the 8th at 5pm

to me...it seems like the guy just looked to see when my appointment was and repeated it...but who knows...

can't really believe anything until you're driving off the lot, i suppose.

i emailed yesterday to ask...and got this response...

Hello, your vehicle appears to be good to go for delivery on the 8th at 5pm

to me...it seems like the guy just looked to see when my appointment was and repeated it...but who knows...

can't really believe anything until you're driving off the lot, i suppose.
That's exactly what happened to me, only to get a call back 5 mins later... actually your car sucks and won't be ready until 16th :)

Last edited:
That's exactly why i reached out, to avoid any surprises but it looks like they don't check or care until less than 24 hrs before scheduled delivery and just give you a general statement until then. Some even got a text an hour or less before delivery letting them know something is wrong. How are we supposed to plan anything around their lazy customer service..... 😖

Reactions: aguzzi17
I asked about the part shortage on Friday and this is what they said 🤷🏻‍♀️

Date is still showing as the car being ready by the 11th, so hopefully that sticks.

E55B1B43-B3BD-4A49-A04D-62D68784EAC0.png

Reactions: aguzzi17

I was told i was missing the part when it was in route to Mt. Kisco.

Just got my VIN today. waiting to see what they offer me for trade in and waiting for a text about getting delivery but they said within a week. looks like the car is already in Colorado so im not sure if it was turned down by someone else first. but we will see I guess. OD:10/16 MSM, black, 19in, 5 seater, no tow no fsd. VIN: F425
Congratulations! But theres a good chance that’s a rejected VIN or was held for some reason. F425 were assigned early last week.