Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Original OD 10/16/2021, App has been saying September again for over a week so I texted my SA to see what my delivery date says on her end. I received a reply of “I went ahead and submitted a form to see if it is possible that they could give you an earlier build slot. We will keep you posted on their response” … has anyone heard of this happening before, and the result? Sounds too good to be true… and what would it take to make that possible?

Thanks in advance for any insight here.
I was told a similar thing in early April when my EDD jumped from early April to October-November. A couple of days after making the call, my EDD range shifted to May 6-20 and that's where it's been since; no VIN yet though the "window" starts tomorrow. Most of the time, I feel the SAs just tell you what you want to hear and have no real idea what's going on at HQ.

Original OD 10/16/2021, App has been saying September again for over a week so I texted my SA to see what my delivery date says on her end. I received a reply of “I went ahead and submitted a form to see if it is possible that they could give you an earlier build slot. We will keep you posted on their response” … has anyone heard of this happening before, and the result? Sounds too good to be true… and what would it take to make that possible?

Thanks in advance for any insight here.
I haven’t received any form of communication from Tesla since I ordered MY on 10/28. How do I text SA? My EDD also says September

Never mind they called me and I didn’t see the voice mail. Apparently they are shipping cars out of Fremont without the ability to charge so they have my car but not the part that would allow the car to charge… man I was really excited to have my car this Saturday too. Ahh well. Another few days I guess.
In the same boat. Sold my wifes car to CarMax Thursday morning and soon after got a text that my Friday appt was pushed to the 15th do to missing part

I wonder how long the wait could be to get the part back in stock and to service centers?
Did you see any speculation on the reddit thread?
Most people were saying they got delayed between 7-10 days or so. Too early to tell if any of them get their cars in that window. It's not something affecting all cars though. A user (@Pantha) in the September thread was taking delivery of two MYs at the same time and one of them had the part, the other did not but the two VIN ranges were wide apart between the two cars.

I was told that or the OBD port. Depending on who answered the phone. At this point i'm not sure.
I'd bet it's the charge port ECU because you should be able to drive without the OBD port (not 100% sure on that).

Last year, when they were missing USB ports, they delivered those cars anyway. A missing charge port ECU would keep you from charging so they can't deliver without it. And knowing Tesla and how little room they have at DCs to just store cars, I'm sure it was their last option (short of leaving the cars in Fremont).

Reactions: BGOwner
I'd bet it's the charge port ECU because you should be able to drive without the OBD port (not 100% sure on that).

Last year, when they were missing USB ports, they delivered those cars anyway. A missing charge port ECU would keep you from charging so they can't deliver without it. And knowing Tesla and how little room they have at DCs to just store cars, I'm sure it was their last option (short of leaving the cars in Fremont).
Its a federal law that since 1996 every car sold has to have an OBD port. so they shouldn't deliver one without it.

EDD is still sitting at 5/8-5/20. I am trying to scroll through all the posts to get a sense but it seems like my EDD is going to shift since I don’t have a VIN yet.

Has anyone seen where VINs are assigned once you are in your EDD? Seems like they always come before.

Its a federal law that since 1996 every car sold has to have an OBD port. so they shouldn't deliver one without it.
I think regulations OBD do not apply to electric vehicles. Technically in CA they may fall under the rule but not federal standards. They are working to change it since OBD as a standard would allow easier system diagnostics by anyone, but I thought they hadnt made the rule changes yet.