Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to manually enter my bank account info because DCU wasn’t an option. If you don’t want to use Plaid, trying searching for DCU or some bogus bank, and after a click or two it will give you the option to enter your bank details manually.
Good to know, I thought they had closed that loophole.

Actually just tried it and didn’t work. After hitting exit I get option for other payment options or search again.

Other payment options it pops up

24761AD7-0193-4856-821E-9FF976C17B35.png

Last edited:

Actually just tried it and didn’t work. After hitting exit I get option for other payment options or search again.

View attachment 801500
I wonder if there’s a $$ threshold for that to be an option. We just had to pay off the ~$800 for Carrier Direct; the rest was financed. We just did this yesterday.

Last edited:
One more data point: Texas OD 10/29/2021, White on white, w/ tow, no other upgrades. I didn’t order tow initially and was dumb enough to add it when online modification first became possible back in March. I had feared (and am still fearing) that my order will be pushed to the back of the line due to my modification. My order agreement now says order date is March but hopefully they still go by my 1159 reservation number. My EDD moved quoted a bit before March but had been holding steady at May-June since March, despite my order modification (only slightly shortened to a four week window). Today it changed to a two week window for the first time ( May 21-June 4). Here’s to hope it’s finally getting close to be manufactured!

All symptoms of Tesla EDD Syndrome. Only cure is to spend $70K and do 0-60 in your Tesla for the first time.
Thankfully I ordered mine before all the price hikes, so I’m definitely not at $70K but I will say the first time I went 0-60 in my M3 alls I could do was laugh. I was like holy crap this is amazing!!!

they closed that loophole.

just tried it and didn’t work. After hitting exit I get option for other payment options or search again.

View attachment 801500
Same experience here, but my call to Capital One this morning was comforting, because Plaid is supported. The only caveat is, if the other 3rd party prompts for an access code, it will not be supported and I should not continue.
With their approval, I went through the process on the Tesla App and was pleasantly surprised. Tesla (powered by Plaid) is linked only to the one account that I gave it permission to, and I can unlink it at any time. 🙏🏻🍀😬

Last edited:
Reactions: BGOwner

View attachment 801500
This was exactly my experience.

Now I feel ordering Tesla is like playing the old Mario game, you need overcome one challenge after another.

One more data point: Texas OD 10/29/2021, White on white, w/ tow, no other upgrades. I didn’t order tow initially and was dumb enough to add it when online modification first became possible back in March. I had feared (and am still fearing) that my order will be pushed to the back of the line due to my modification. My order agreement now says order date is March but hopefully they still go by my 1159 reservation number. My EDD moved quoted a bit before March but had been holding steady at May-June since March, despite my order modification (only slightly shortened to a four week window). Today it changed to a two week window for the first time ( May 21-June 4). Here’s to hope it’s finally getting close to be manufactured!
You won't be pushed to the back of the line, the updated order date doesn't matter either. A lot of people in this thread including me updated something about our orders and still got our VINs recently. You did the right thing.

Reactions: Tezla.
You won't be pushed to the back of the line, the updated order date doesn't matter either. A lot of people in this thread including me updated something about our orders and still got our VINs recently. You did the right thing.
Thank you. This thread has been a support group for me during the long excruciating wait. Hope we all get our cars soon and congrats to those already got theirs!