Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need advice for trade in. Getting the following offers. Please see attached pic for windshield damage. Also, no one asked for windshield damage on their website except Tesla and one of the carxxx. TIA!

They all ask you to disclose damages. If you sell the car as is, the companies will either reject the sale or repair and charge you for it as they see fit.

Frankly, people like you are a dime a dozen, and those companies are well versed in how to deal with you.

They all ask you to disclose damages. If you sell the car as is, the companies will either reject the sale or repair and charge you for it as they see fit.

Frankly, people like you are a dime a dozen, and those companies are well versed in how to deal with you.
That seems like a pretty aggressive and mean-spirited response.

Some sites ask very specific questions about parts. If you click "yes" on those, then you have the opportunity to explain. But if they didn't ask about windows specifically, there very well may not have been a place to list it.

Entering the first day of our EDD range today. No VIN. Hoping for the best. Expecting the worst.
We have the same model (MYLR, tow, Blue, etc.) as you and we're also from Oregon. Our OD/profile completion was 10/3 and we just went from 5/6-5/20 to 5/10-5/24. It's a slightly shorter window but pushed out a few days.

I've been in touch with the PDX Delivery Center several times over the past couple of months. Depending on who answers, you get a different story. One fellow I've talked with three times was clearly stoned out of his mind last time we chatted. I think they're remote workers (as another has a baby crying at times in the background). In early April, the stoned guy whose name I won't put on here, but should, said we were put on a "special list" so that they could more closely monitor us and match us to a car sooner. AND, he "assured" us that we'd have our MY in late April but "no later than the first week of May." That pipe dream didn't last. Sayin' nothing about the pipe in his hand. :cool: So, the waiting game continues.

Reactions: Ray_R

Some sites ask very specific questions about parts. If you click "yes" on those, then you have the opportunity to explain. But if they didn't ask about windows specifically, there very well may not have been a place to list it.
I just don't take those kind of responses to heart. Maybe he meant well or didn't, doesn't matter. I just see if that's helpful or not. And I mentioned in my OP that only one of them asked about windshield damage and I answered that question. Major question was whether they really honor the peice they offered or not. Just wanted to know other's personal experiences.

Few companies I had spoke too asked about pictures when finalizing the offer. Have not yet been ready to sell as I am waiting for Tesla’s finally offer

Reposting here to share my delivery experience since I was an October order:

Just to recap: MYLR (Red/White, 20" Induction wheels, 5 seat, Tow, FSD), OD 10/5/2021, VIN assigned: 4/15/2022. Pickup in Atlanta

Delivery yesterday (5/7) went really well.
Car looks fantastic and the delivery staff at the SC were all exceptional!
They found a small ding in the passenger door that I wouldn’t have even noticed had they not pointed it out! Without me even asking, they promised they would make it right and I had a service appointment scheduled before I left.

They also gave me ample time to go through my entire delivery checklist before accepting delivery.

Long story short, the car is flawless other than that one issue…(which you have to view from just the right angle to even see).

Now I just need to decide on a name….narrowed it down to my top 3 but I’m going to sleep on it 😴

I just don't take those kind of responses to heart. Maybe he meant well or didn't, doesn't matter. I just see if that's helpful or not. And I mentioned in my OP that only one of them asked about windshield damage and I answered that question. Major question was whether they really honor the peice they offered or not. Just wanted to know other's personal experiences.
I traded to driveway. The person who inspected my vehicle agreed with my online description of vehicle condition as ’good’ and honored their online estimate. They usually have the definitions for the description of each condition.

Reposting here to share my delivery experience since I was an October order:

Just to recap: MYLR (Red/White, 20" Induction wheels, 5 seat, Tow, FSD), OD 10/5/2021, VIN assigned: 4/15/2022. Pickup in Atlanta

Delivery yesterday (5/7) went really well.
Car looks fantastic and the delivery staff at the SC were all exceptional!
They found a small ding in the passenger door that I wouldn’t have even noticed had they not pointed it out! Without me even asking, they promised they would make it right and I had a service appointment scheduled before I left.

They also gave me ample time to go through my entire delivery checklist before accepting delivery.

Long story short, the car is flawless other than that one issue…(which you have to view from just the right angle to even see).

Now I just need to decide on a name….narrowed it down to my top 3 but I’m going to sleep on it 😴
Congrats! It's good to hear the car was nearly perfect.

Why did it take 3 weeks from VIN to delivery? Missing parts?

Called local SC on Saturday to find out about what the deal is with my car (got VIN'd April 25 but now 3 days into my EDD and yet no appointment). Not sure if the person even checked anything specific to my order or just gave me a standard line of - No, your vehicle isn't here yet, we'll schedule something when it comes in, it might be here May 9.

Then my email from several days ago to the SC was replied to today, and the person said they could schedule for any date between May 16 - 21. Seems really far out (earliest date is 3 weeks out from my VIN date). I am pencilled in for May 16 (shows in the app) but I am planning to call Monday or Tuesday to figure out what the deal is and if I can try and schedule pickup earlier.

Took my online offer to CarMax. 2019 Jetta SEL with just under 46,000 and original tires. I fully expected that they would reject offer because of the tires and knock down their extremely high online offer of 27,700 down. It was more then we purchased the car for new in 2019. The tires still had legal tread depth but it was close.

Got there and they had a appraiser inspect the car and 20 minutes later they cut a cut a check for the full amount. Couldn't believe it.

Called local SC on Saturday to find out about what the deal is with my car (got VIN'd April 25 but now 3 days into my EDD and yet no appointment). Not sure if the person even checked anything specific to my order or just gave me a standard line of - No, your vehicle isn't here yet, we'll schedule something when it comes in, it might be here May 9.

Then my email from several days ago to the SC was replied to today, and the person said they could schedule for any date between May 16 - 21. Seems really far out (earliest date is 3 weeks out from my VIN date). I am pencilled in for May 16 (shows in the app) but I am planning to call Monday or Tuesday to figure out what the deal is and if I can try and schedule pickup earlier.
Also VIN'ed on the 25th, one is still in transit, the other is on hold for parts.

7month anniversary (212 days) today , and yet still no VIN in sight.
I feel like a high school kid who thinks he (or shes) in love, but never gets so much as an acknowledgment in return.
'"It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine" -NOT!

Regardless, have a good week everyone - Best of luck!

Last edited: