Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have the same model (MYLR, tow, Blue, etc.) as you and we're also from Oregon. Our OD/profile completion was 10/3 and we just went from 5/6-5/20 to 5/10-5/24. It's a slightly shorter window but pushed out a few days.

I've been in touch with the PDX Delivery Center several times over the past couple of months. Depending on who answers, you get a different story. One fellow I've talked with three times was clearly stoned out of his mind last time we chatted. I think they're remote workers (as another has a baby crying at times in the background). In early April, the stoned guy whose name I won't put on here, but should, said we were put on a "special list" so that they could more closely monitor us and match us to a car sooner. AND, he "assured" us that we'd have our MY in late April but "no later than the first week of May." That pipe dream didn't last. Sayin' nothing about the pipe in his hand. :cool: So, the waiting game continues.
Just this morning my EDD pushed out to May 19-June 2. Further out, but a narrower range.

Open this 10/2021 order date thread. I ordered mine MYLR white exterior with tow on 10/5. Yes, I was only few hours earlier than the new Tesla price. I guess I saved $1000 for my MYLR by luck.

OD: 10/5
First EDD: March 18, 2022 – April 15, 2022 on 10/8
Second EDD: March 07 - April 04 on 10/15

Do they update EDD every 7 days?
Anyway, still long way to go.
Updated on 5/7. Now the EDD is pushed forward to 5/10 to 5/23 also it is a 14 days windows. Hopefully good thing is going to happen.

Reactions: Tezla.
Original order 10/28/2021. Midnight Silver MYLR, black interior. EDD, now says - "June". It has always had a date range, before. Is this " June jail"? If so, what is June jail? Thanks!
Yes it is June Jail. Some prophesize it meaning the arrival of a VIN. For others it comes and goes, being replaced with yet another date range. Most seem to agree that it is a "placeholder" while something is being recalculated but what that something is and what the calculation is nobody knows.

In any case it seems to be yet another way to torture people against false expectations as their EDD bounces wildly around for 7-12 months.

Reactions: advocate8
As someone that has read through all 198 pages of this thread and has been waiting 6 months for my delivery, can I just offer some humble words of advice to everyone worrying about their EDDs?

Think of an EDD like a weather forecast months ahead of time. If I told you I knew with certainty what the weather will be like on November 9 of this year, you would correctly be very skeptical and not trust that forecast. You wouldn't plan an outdoor event, book a venue, or anything like that based on my forecast, because you know the actual weather that day will probably look very different than my forecast. If I know your location and seasonal averages for precipitation and temperatures, I can probably come up with a decent guess for the forecast. That's all the EDD is at its best (the very first EDD you get). After your first EDD, all the other EDDs--until you get a VIN (and even not then, sometimes)--should be treated as my November forecast.

If you have an October 2021 order and you have a current EDD of September or later, it will probably pull in closer, do not despair. If you are at the beginning of your EDD window now and don't have a VIN, you will probably be pushed out a little later. Most orders (Long Range) still seem to fit in a 6-9 month window, but it is getting longer with each passing month due to chip shortages.

TL;DR Your daily reminder that EDDs are not to be taken seriously. I still check mine every day, like many of you, but I know that the date will move forward and backward several times in the days and weeks ahead and I am not concerned if it suddenly leaps three months forward into the fall because I know it can just as easily jump back.

Original order 10/28/2021. Midnight Silver MYLR, black interior. EDD, now says - "June". It has always had a date range, before. Is this " June jail"? If so, what is June jail? Thanks!
I've been in June jail as well since Saturday. In the past, some say this is a temporary holding until they figure out what date range you're at, some get a VIN afterwards, and some get bad news with their dates afterwards, so who knows. LOL