Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone else accumulated a 7 day window, 2 - 14 day windows and June Jail? Has anyone had more than three 14 day or less windows?

I'm just wondering if I should buy New York Avenue, Tennessee Avenue and St. James Place so I can have better luck actually landing a VIN? 🤣
could try lottery. luck could not possibly be worse, after all.

As someone that has read through all 198 pages of this thread and has been waiting 6 months for my delivery, can I just offer some humble words of advice to everyone worrying about their EDDs?

Think of an EDD like a weather forecast months ahead of time. If I told you I knew with certainty what the weather will be like on November 9 of this year, you would correctly be very skeptical and not trust that forecast. You wouldn't plan an outdoor event, book a venue, or anything like that based on my forecast, because you know the actual weather that day will probably look very different than my forecast. If I know your location and seasonal averages for precipitation and temperatures, I can probably come up with a decent guess for the forecast. That's all the EDD is at its best (the very first EDD you get). After your first EDD, all the other EDDs--until you get a VIN (and even not then, sometimes)--should be treated as my November forecast.

If you have an October 2021 order and you have a current EDD of September or later, it will probably pull in closer, do not despair. If you are at the beginning of your EDD window now and don't have a VIN, you will probably be pushed out a little later. Most orders (Long Range) still seem to fit in a 6-9 month window, but it is getting longer with each passing month due to chip shortages.

TL;DR Your daily reminder that EDDs are not to be taken seriously. I still check mine every day, like many of you, but I know that the date will move forward and backward several times in the days and weeks ahead and I am not concerned if it suddenly leaps three months forward into the fall because I know it can just as easily jump back.
Great way to look at it to keep from dealing with the daily high/low we all deal with as EDD moves. I will say though that a weather forecast will be by a reasonable percentage off on temp and rain/no rain can miss for sure.

The aggravating part for me was the wild swings that weather forecasts don't miss by. Like it is fall and I am planning my ski trip this winter and it forecasts seasonable temps and possible snow and I get a week later sunny and 80 degrees forecasted only to get cold and snowy again a week later.

My EDD would go from June to October to June and then back to November.

Great way to look at it to keep from dealing with the daily high/low we all deal with as EDD moves. I will say though that a weather forecast will be by a reasonable percentage off on temp and rain/no rain can miss for sure.

The aggravating part for me was the wild swings that weather forecasts don't miss by. Like it is fall and I am planning my ski trip this winter and it forecasts seasonable temps and possible snow and I get a week later sunny and 80 degrees forecasted only to get cold and snowy again a week later.

Exactly. An estimate needs to be reasonably accurate so people can make plans. This is especially true because Tesla does not appear to be very accommodating at all if you if you can't pick up in the three day window they finally give you.

Exactly. An estimate needs to be reasonably accurate so people can make plans. This is especially true because Tesla does not appear to be very accommodating at all if you if you can't pick up in the three day window they finally give you.
I agree... I was initially expecting to receive before or by summer, made plans with the Model Y... currently that's canceled... and I am still trying to plan my summer... wondering what happens if my (hopefully) Model Y arrives early & I am out of town? Super super annoying.

When I get to page 200, I can get my model y?It's too official. He seems to be sent by Tesla to deceive us lol

As a consumer, as long as my car is *sugar* for other reasons, as a Tesla fan, I can wait, but there is a limit, rather than wait unconditionally and indefinitely, or you give me some concessions. Yes, I am such a person. Why should I be a good person? Are good people rewarded? lol
could try lottery. luck could not possibly be worse, after all.
When I get to page 200, I can get my model y?It's too official. He seems to be sent by Tesla to deceive us lol