Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone recall what was the original EDD for 10/28 order? I have seen lot of comments saying the original EDD is pretty close and the car should be delivered around that timeframe. Just curious if its true.
My original EDD was February 2022 for OD of 10/15. I think we can all agree that theory is blown.

I'm assuming you didn't order a MYP otherwise you'd have your car already.

My original EDD was February 2022 for OD of 10/15. I think we can all agree that theory is blown.

He wasnt asking about edd after you placed order, what tesla page showed where you config car before placing order. Yours wasnt showing February for sure. When I was placing my order on October 8th and Tesla page showed April. Only after I placed the order EDd changed to Feb-March

Last edited:
Only MYPs get Matrix headlights.

It is a projector type headlights.

View attachment 802978
I took a picture of my headlight, i guess mine are the regular headlights

IMG_0945.JPG

Yep, base MY. I might be past my original EDD or will be… Stuck in Sep jail for a week and 3 days. I’m guessing for base MY ordered last week of October, might get their car by end of August.

Yep, base MY. I might be past my original EDD or will be… Stuck in Sep jail for a week and 3 days. I’m guessing for base MY ordered last week of October, might get their car by end of August.
I ordered 10/7 with an original EDD of April 2022

I’m finally getting the car on May 14

Slightly away, but still pretty close to the original EDD

I could be driving home from Mt Kisco right now with the car, but instead it’s waiting there for a carrier to come pick it up. Sigh. It’s better this way, but I feel like it’s so close yet so far!
I’ve had Carrier Direct as my delivery option for months, and the EDD was always TBD. Since getting VIN, the scheduled delivery appointment shows May 18 to my home address…I assume it still has to go to Mt. Kisco first, right?
Did the location of your scheduled delivery appointment change from Mt. Kisco to your home address (and did the date change with it) after requesting Carrier Directly delivery?

Good to know that some base orders aren't getting pushed further and further back compared to optioned orders. I fear for my base order getting delayed a lot come this winter.
Maybe things were different before but adding options seems to have done absolutely nothing past August/September 2021. The only thing they seem to care about is pushing out MYP and FSD earlier. If ordering today I'd say the best you can do is order what is assumed to be the most commonly ordered configuration and hope someone in your area rejects it.

If I could make changes at this point without going to the back of the line I'd probably buy a white, 19" wheel, black interior because that's almost every MY in Austin.

Last edited:
I’ve had Carrier Direct as my delivery option for months, and the EDD was always TBD. Since getting VIN, the scheduled delivery appointment shows May 18 to my home address…I assume it still has to go to Mt. Kisco first, right?
Did the location of your scheduled delivery appointment change from Mt. Kisco to your home address (and did the date change with it) after requesting Carrier Directly delivery?
That date is the day they expect all the necessary paperwork/payments/car prep/etc to be done and the car ready for pickup. My “delivery date” is today, but that’s obviously not happening. Once I changed to Carrier Direct it went from giving me the option of picking up between today and Friday to saying the delivery date was today at my house. But yeah it’ll go to Mt Kisco first. Have they sent you the paperwork to sign yet?

Attachments

• 0D69090C-F8E0-42FE-AF8A-23E59768AED7.jpeg
    0D69090C-F8E0-42FE-AF8A-23E59768AED7.jpeg
    92.8 KB · Views: 57