Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone recall what was the original EDD for 10/28 order? I have seen lot of comments saying the original EDD is pretty close and the car should be delivered around that timeframe. Just curious if its true.
I think the correct statement is *some* deliveries are close to the original EDD. And I definitely wouldn't try assuming which deliveries those are.

Some seem to get their car close to that, others seem to have to wait weeks to months after. Some have ordered base cars with no options, some ordered a lot of options, some ordered in November and have their car already, some ordered in August and are still waiting.

That date is the day they expect all the necessary paperwork/payments/car prep/etc to be done and the car ready for pickup. My “delivery date” is today, but that’s obviously not happening. Once I changed to Carrier Direct it went from giving me the option of picking up between today and Friday to saying the delivery date was today at my house. But yeah it’ll go to Mt Kisco first. Have they sent you the paperwork to sign yet?
I guess that all makes sense, thank you.
I just returned the paperwork for registration and the NYSERDA Drive Clean Rebate…I expected to have to sign more paperwork than that though.
I was joking before when I said they should ship all of ours together on the same carrier (hoping they’d move me up). Now I’m afraid they really are waiting to fill a carrier (to save money—I don’t blame them, really)…but how long before it’s considered unacceptable!?!
Hope you (Pantha, and I) don’t have to wait much longer;-}

I just returned the paperwork for registration and the NYSERDA Drive Clean Rebate…I expected to have to sign more paperwork than that though.
I was joking before when I said they should ship all of ours together on the same carrier (hoping they’d move me up). Now I’m afraid they really are waiting to fill a carrier (to save money—I don’t blame them, really)…but how long before it’s considered unacceptable!?!
OK Tesla, balls in your court. went from a 2 car family to a 0 car family (sold both our cars). Today is delivery day. waiting on both to arrive via carrier direct (No contact from a carrier yet). all paperwork has been submitted. Synchronize your watches.
Thinking of you too Pantha.

So for people who have been without a car while this insanity continues. Realize this:

There ARE other options out there. I spoke with Hyundai today and they actively prohibited people from ordering online to avoid the same chaos that Tesla has created (this is the difference between a company that cares deeply about their reputation vs one that stomps on every customer besides the ones willing to play their games to make another buck). You can order their most popular cars today (e.g. Ioniq 5, GV70, GV80) and have them in 2 months...3 at most. Order with fewer options and it's less than a month.

I for one have decided to wait this out as I still believe that Tesla is making the best EVs on the market and will for the next couple years. That said I think the company is no more ethical than the dealerships charging people 10k to 20k markup for a car. If you don't think so they're successfully pulling the wool over your eyes with their delivery games for FSD and MYP. This will be my first and last Tesla most likely.

But don't let people scare you with FUD BS about it being like this everywhere. It simply is not. Do what's right for you. If you need to, go order another car, it won't be this long to get. Not even close. Hold on to your Tesla order and decide later if you want to pay yourself 10k profit for the months of being screwed out of a car or sell your legacy car (likely without losing anything).

I’m not sure what the logic is behind the carrier direct, but I imagine they’re smaller carriers (maybe 1-2 cars) - I can’t see them sending a full sized carrier onto residential streets!). Hoping to get a notification that mine is picked up soon!

Ordered October 10, 2021.
EDD was April 2022
Delivery is scheduled for May 13, 2022.

With that said... my original order was a Long Range. I changed it to a Performance on April 23 because my EDD had moved to show Sept-Oct 2022.
I didn’t change a thing on mine.

I am going this Sunday the 15th to pick mine up! Im trying to keep myself busy so that the week flys by, so far so good.

The latest EDD mine went to was July 17-August 28, at that point I was giving up on having it for the summer. But things changed real fast, thankfully.

Seeing cars being delivered from orders that are placed at least two weeks after mine is comical at best, and infuriating at worst, and I'm not even talking about people changing to MYP or adding FSD during one of Tesla's latest shenanigans...

Waiting game continues...

Seeing cars being delivered from orders that are placed at least two weeks after mine is comical at best, and infuriating at worst, and I'm not even talking about people changing to MYP or adding FSD during one of Tesla's latest shenanigans...

I am right there with you. If it helps your current edd is months ahead of me. I ordered 10/29 and mine is August 21-October 2

Reactions: PeteOC

Your EDD starts on the 13th? I've been seeing a mix of LR and P VINs, so it's extra confusing right now. It's hard to tell what's what.

Reactions: PeteOC
I am right there with you. If it helps your current edd is months ahead of me. I ordered 10/29 and mine is August 21-October 2
Good luck to you!
Your EDD starts on the 13th? I've been seeing a mix of LR and P VINs, so it's extra confusing right now. It's hard to tell what's what.
If past patterns are any indication, I’ll get pushed to another 14-day EDD starting beginning of June. Not looking forward to EDD change tomorrow, or Friday.

what kind of NYSERDA clean rebate paper work is there to fill out? I thought it was just automattically subtracted at time of purchase.