Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Friends… It is so worth the wait and frustration. Meet BooBerry! Just picked her up this afternoon in Kansas City. Like living a dream!

Attachments

• FDAFA944-762F-416F-95C6-A387F301F036.jpeg
    FDAFA944-762F-416F-95C6-A387F301F036.jpeg
    706.5 KB · Views: 82
ahhh ok, Tesla will provide that?

Also do you know if there are any incentives for installing a EV Charger at your house? Any rebates by the state?
Yes, if you’re picking up the car it’ll probably be part of the paperwork you’ll sign.

I know there was something last year, but I’m not sure if it renewed for this year.

Reactions: cons220
So for people who have been without a car while this insanity continues. Realize this:

There ARE other options out there. I spoke with Hyundai today and they actively prohibited people from ordering online to avoid the same chaos that Tesla has created (this is the difference between a company that cares deeply about their reputation vs one that stomps on every customer besides the ones willing to play their games to make another buck). You can order their most popular cars today (e.g. Ioniq 5, GV70, GV80) and have them in 2 months...3 at most. Order with fewer options and it's less than a month.

I for one have decided to wait this out as I still believe that Tesla is making the best EVs on the market and will for the next couple years. That said I think the company is no more ethical than the dealerships charging people 10k to 20k markup for a car. If you don't think so they're successfully pulling the wool over your eyes with their delivery games for FSD and MYP. This will be my first and last Tesla most likely.

But don't let people scare you with FUD BS about it being like this everywhere. It simply is not. Do what's right for you. If you need to, go order another car, it won't be this long to get. Not even close. Hold on to your Tesla order and decide later if you want to pay yourself 10k profit for the months of being screwed out of a car or sell your legacy car (likely without losing anything).
Well said. Customer loyalty is the first focus of a reputable company. Will see in 5 years were they are standing in the court of public opinion.

Got my VIN this afternoon. Called and talked to the delivery center and they told me my MYLR is currently in Fremont awaiting transport up to the Portland delivery center. They were very helpful and changed my payment method from cash to third party financing. Went to a local credit union and got 1.99 for 60 months. Just got an email to schedule my pick up so hopefully I will soon be sitting in my model Y. This happened very quickly when my EDD changed from 30 day to 10 days.

Anyone recall what was the original EDD for 10/28 order? I have seen lot of comments saying the original EDD is pretty close and the car should be delivered around that timeframe. Just curious if its true.

On 10/5, EDD was April 2022. 10/28 EDD must be April or May. Of course I am taking about MYLR
When we ordered on 10/27, the configuration page said "September 2022" when no options were selected for MYLR and "June 2022" when we changed the exterior color to blue. I forget what it said for MYP or FSD but I think it said something earlier than June.