Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, like clockwork, my EDD is pushed another month as I got close to my previous EDD start date. New dates are 6/17 to 7/22. During a recent interview, Elon commented that Tesla may have to slow down the ordering, or maybe even stop new orders from being placed, in order to shorten delivery times for certain models. I truly hope this was not just commentary and that it’ll be put into practice. Now I just hope I’m part of the second EOQ push…

Has anyone used carrier direct from Kisco? Just wondering what time they call for delivery. Like if its past noon, should i not expect the car today?
Looking at old posts from TMC and Reddit, it seems like we might not have any information until the driver is like 40 minutes out. None of them were from Mt Kisco, but I saw one where the person got 20 minute notice, one where the person came home from running errands and the driver was there unloading the car (the delivery center didn’t even notice it had been picked up), and I think another with less than an hour notice. So I have no idea what to expect. Could be notified by Mt Kisco that it was picked up and then called by the carrier to schedule delivery like they say, or we could just get a call saying the car will be there in 30 minutes, or we’ll just find the cars in our driveway one morning 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Hoping we both hear some good news today!

Looking at old posts from TMC and Reddit, it seems like we might not have any information until the driver is like 40 minutes out. None of them were from Mt Kisco, but I saw one where the person got 20 minute notice, one where the person came home from running errands and the driver was there unloading the car (the delivery center didn’t even notice it had been picked up), and I think another with less than an hour notice. So I have no idea what to expect. Could be notified by Mt Kisco that it was picked up and then called by the carrier to schedule delivery like they say, or we could just get a call saying the car will be there in 30 minutes, or we’ll just find the cars in our driveway one morning 🤷🏻‍♀️.

wow....thanks

wow....thanks
Yeah, just went to go grab the links:

Found a couple other brief mentions (again, not Mt Kisco)

I would agree, the average time to VIN has definitely slipped to at least 7 months if not 8.
Right, but the original promise date was about 7 months to start - for me at least. I'm thinking 8 or 9 months to VIN

EDIT: I think much of the blame has to do with Giga Texas not on-line yet. Yes, it's manufacturing cars, but not cars that people can buy. So as far as consumers are concerned, Texas is still not "open for business".

Reactions: Winning Guy
Woke up this morning and saw it was put on hold. I never requested it and immediately selected I'm ready. EDD shows again may18-jun1, which is what I had before. Any one encounter that before?
I had the same “mystery hold” experience earlier in the year. Unexplained.
Later, an advisor got my hopes up by reaching out, specifically about my option for carrier directly delivery. Ultimately, never heard anything else for another 3.5 months😐.

Reactions: Jkwan
Maybe it just feels this way, but it seems to me that orders are getting pushed approximately 2 months out from original promise date. So if mine was promised May 2022, I should probably expect July 2022
If only someone were compiling data....

• Funny
Reactions: BGOwner

I’m hoping to hear of your positive experiences soon, too.
I also heard of a crazy experience where one evening they unexpectedly saw the car being unloaded and the driver was in a hurry because he had more to deliver that night!?!

Last edited:
Reactions: RocY
If only someone were compiling data....

If only that were a large enough sample size to glean any hypotheses from. Though I totally respect the work put into it.

Reactions: bluewhite79