Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is more about delivery posts so may not be the place, but anyone feeling the pain / pinch? Falling stonk prices = falling net worth, yet Model Y no where to be found factoring rising rates costs making MY more expensive in the end, rising cost of living (inflation), endless cycle / trend for now it seems while waiting for the Model Y. Painful. Really hoping for a V day soon.

I know this is more about delivery posts so may not be the place, but anyone feeling the pain / pinch? Falling stonk prices = falling net worth, yet Model Y no where to be found factoring rising rates costs making MY more expensive in the end, rising cost of living (inflation), endless cycle / trend for now it seems while waiting for the Model Y. Painful. Really hoping for a V day soon.
Yup. Many have commented the same. Not a good year to be waiting on a car, or anything that needs to be built in general.

Got my VIN!!

How long from time of VIN till actually scheduling a delivery date? Got the VIN Tuesday but still says estimated delivery May 24-28 and “we will reach out to schedule your delivery soon”
I got my VIN on April 24.

On April 29, delivery was scheduled for May 9.
On May 2, delivery got rescheduled to May 13.
On May 9, delivery got rescheduled to May 15.

Car has been "in transit" to delivery center in Decatur, GA (Atlanta).

• Disagree
Reactions: MizzleD and Tezla.
we as consumer got squeezed from both sides. Think about those moms who could not find infant milk.

How are you all seeing build date, where the car is in transit, part missing, etc? Are you asking your SA these questions?

And when you are financing from a 3rd party, do you have to do an ACH payment to Tesla or can you deliver a check? I saw someone say they dropped off a check but Tesla wouldn’t accept it? But this thread is so long I can’t go back and find the context around that 🙃

And to that point… Tesla interest rate was like 2% when I ordered and now it’s 3.24% and you can only get the rate now.
Yeah loved the 2% rate, though anticipated initial EDD was May, I expected to be up a bit, 3% still manageable, but now my current EDD, have no idea where rates might be, hoping not 5 - 7% type, already reconsidering if I should pay out all in cash now which is a big blow to my immediate net worth. If only they can build / pump out their car faster or give more accurate forecast in the first place! Or let us finance an imaginary car now and let us lock in the rates.

Reactions: EVAthlete21
How are you all seeing build date, where the car is in transit, part missing, etc? Are you asking your SA these questions?

And when you are financing from a 3rd party, do you have to do an ACH payment to Tesla or can you deliver a check? I saw someone say they dropped off a check but Tesla wouldn’t accept it? But this thread is so long I can’t go back and find the context around that 🙃
I brought a cashier's check with me to the delivery from my credit union. I waited longer for an employee to help me when I arrived (I was 30 min early - too excited!) than I did in the actual delivery phase. My agreement was sitting on the front seat of my car, he brought out the keys, had me sign the agreement and hand him the check, then told me to stay on the lot playing with the car as long as I'd like. He was helping with another delivery as well and I am a techie, so I didn't need any additional assistance. I was worried that since the agreement had both my name and my husband's on it, that we'd both need to be there but that wasn't the case. Seriously, the most incredibly easy transaction of my life (after one of the most frustrating waits!). I am so in love with my new Tesla!

There's already news of hiring freezes and layoffs. A feel good overpriced EV is lower on the need scale. EDDs might move in the right direction in the weeks to come.

Reactions: Tezla.
There's already news of hiring freezes and layoffs. A feel good overpriced EV is lower on the need scale. EDDs might move in the right direction in the weeks to come.
Yeah, been hearing about those as well which makes you wonder. What will the economy be like, will you still have a job after owning the car, and why isn't inflation cooling off when basic stuff are getting expensive, job market / economy prospects isn't that optimistic, demand should be cooling off, yet...