Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery at my scheduled appointment at 11am this morning. Went smoothly! Advisor walked me through everything with set up and tips. Literally pristine car with no issues *knock on wood*. Thinking of naming it Stormtrooper because of the vibe šŸ‘šŸ»
46B27ECB-38B6-4C43-8886-0F83BFDD1C00.jpeg

With regards to financing through Tesla it is stating to please pay off remaining balance prior to delivery. Do I need to contact the bank the loan is coming from to ensure it is paid or will everything be taken care of through Tesla without me having to do anything?
In my experience, I had to initiate the process. I contacted my SA that I got my vin and asked what to do with financing through a 3rd party. She told me to email the local financing dept with info re: the bank that I was financing through. Then I worked with my bank to get the loan done and they are giving me a check tomorrow to pick up. Iā€™m assuming it will be issued to Tesla so Iā€™ll just bring it with me to delivery. Iā€™m going to ask how long the check is good for and also confirm with my SA that I can bring it to delivery. My EDD is now 27-31 so will be holding it for a couple weeks

Reactions: Winning Guy
Just got a call from the transporter!! He has our car, and will be delivering it tomorrow morning. No word from Mt Kisco yet despite them saying theyā€™d let me know when the car is picked up lol.

@Pantha hoping for some similar news from you! Saw I was getting a call from a White Plains number and couldnā€™t answer that call fast enough.

Just got a call from the transporter!! He has our car, and will be delivering it tomorrow morning. No word from Mt Kisco yet despite them saying theyā€™d let me know when the car is picked up lol.

@Pantha hoping for some similar news from you! Saw I was getting a call from a White Plains number and couldnā€™t answer that call fast enough.
How did u get a call from the transporter. Mine is scheduled for next tuesday and i've not received any update or text on that matter? am i missing something?

How did u get a call from the transporter. Mine is scheduled for next tuesday and i've not received any update or text on that matter? am i missing something?
Theyā€™ll call when they pick the car up. The only reason why Iā€™ve been getting info from Mt Kisco is because Iā€™ve been bugging them via text. My ā€œdeliveryā€ was scheduled for yesterday, car was ready the evening of the 10th, and was just waiting for a transporter to pick it up.

(This is for carrier direct delivery. If you mean the transport to the delivery center, I was never contacted about that).

It's a lot more data than what is being conveyed here. By the transitive powers of your statement, it makes observations in this thread meaningless.
Well...aren't all observations in this thread simply anecdotes?

We COULD determine some sense of pattern or schedule through the data except that the distribution is far from normal. Every interruption of the queue for an MYP or FSD order represents an outlier that clouds any insight for MYLR delivery. Additionally the narrative that options lead to faster delivery is also a shaky argument considering non-optioned orders are being delivered ahead of optioned orders.

Reactions: PeteOC

I think we have the same guy. White one is coming tomorrow, he should be here around lunch time, has 2 deliveries before mine. If theres a white one on the trailer....its mine.

When we ordered on 10/27, the configuration page said "September 2022" when no options were selected for MYLR and "June 2022" when we changed the exterior color to blue. I forget what it said for MYP or FSD but I think it said something earlier than June.

I ordered 11/4 and the white/MSM 5 seater no other options was a May EDD. As soon as I placed my order it updated to June EDD.

Last edited:
707021BF-5C84-42AC-A1C1-98F0BAC1F6B0.jpeg

C9B4B439-631E-460B-B679-BD1CD5CABEAC.jpeg

At long last, sheā€™s home! Meet snowball.

Car is nearly perfect except for a few smudges on the white seats and a potentially misaligned left headlight. It really is a minor issue, pointed it out to the advisors and they made a note of it and scheduled an appointment for me in case I wanna bring it back (I doubt Iā€™ll go unless I find other issues in the coming days). The advisors were pretty laid back and allowed me to look inside and out before accepting, they even said donā€™t click accept until you are šŸ’Æ ready.

Driving away felt like the end of a long dream with a happy ending. Canā€™t believe I have a MY parked in my garage. For those waiting, know that this day seemed like itā€™d never come but it does. Yours is around the corner. Iā€™ll post better pics tomorrow. šŸ¤“šŸ¤“

We COULD determine some sense of pattern or schedule through the data except that the distribution is far from normal. Every interruption of the queue for an MYP or FSD order represents an outlier that clouds any insight for MYLR delivery. Additionally the narrative that options lead to faster delivery is also a shaky argument considering non-optioned orders are being delivered ahead of optioned orders.
Frankly, even filtering the Teslike spreadsheet to a single configuration yields a lot of noise. In my case, there are only 34 cars on the spreadsheet with the same config as my wife's order. Only 9 have actual delivery dates, and the timing for those varies widely from 108 to 223 days (excluding a couple with long holds between order date and profile completion), and there's nothing linear or ordered about the time lines. Maybe there's a more popular config that would show more of a pattern? I dunno. Even so, it's also far from perfect data, as not everybody comes back to update it.

The best hypothesis I can get out of it:
Since there have been zero reported deliveries for my config from orders placed after October 16, we probably have at least 1.5-2 weeks till our delivery, and probably even longer since we don't have a VIN yet. The hypothesis is bolstered slightly by being consistent with our current EDD of 5/21-6/4.

As I said in a previous post, without any official or inside info, we might as well be reading tea leaves.