Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked mine up! Delivery was straight forward ... Not the touchless experience I have seen videos of though, my paperwork was all done in the showroom

But car is in perfect condition. No large panel gaps or misalignment. Plastic was all left on in the car and I peeled it all off nice and slowly myself lol.

Thanks everyone for all the info you have provided over the past few months while waiting for this day! Greatly appreciated!

Well they got back to my text I sent out earlier today and actually gave me some important information. Apparently I completed my profile for my LR in January... I thought I did a week after placing the order on 10/29... Checked out the January Order Delivery Dates thread and saw a person in California with a similar EDD as me. Guess I'll be in that thread from now on :(

Well folks, meet the "Roci", my very own spaceship from the future 😄. Pickup was pretty smooth for the most part. The Tesla associate helping me had to pick her jaw off the floor when she saw my order date of April, 2021 and the price I'd locked in. She was super excited about it and the fact that this was by far the oldest order she's made a delivery on 😄.

Car is pretty great and we're really enjoying it. Blew my kids' minds with the surprise reveal when we picked them up at school in this car!

I still don't think the fit and finish from Tesla is top notch but I'm also not someone to obsess over things and historically, my cars have very rarely been in car washes. Some of my minor complaints/observations were:
  • A few minor scratches in paint. They tried to buff it out quickly but it didn't help much
  • A couple of small "lumps" in paint at some parts of the vehicle
  • Probably my biggest annoyance with Teslas... The alignment issues and large gaps around the taillights are still a problem for Tesla. I was initially a bit meh about my car till I looked at the MYs around me and realized I had one of the "good" ones
  • My frunk hood is slightly skewed to the right. Very minor but still there if you look for it. Fortunately it is flush with the front bumper which is the issue that tends to look worse and more noticable on some cars.
Just pointing these out because it was on my mind and something I noticed. But none of it detracts from enjoying the car and we're really enjoying it so far.

Hope everyone else gets their cars soon as well! Now I gotta go obsess over all the accessories I didn't buy ahead of time but now realize I need 😄
Beautiful... and exactly the same configuration we're getting.

• Love
Reactions: orion2001
Congrats on the VIN!!!

The frustration part is your RN number is 200,000 higher than mine and makes me frustrated a car ordered 200K after I placed my order is getting a VIN.

Anyone else have an RN# of 1157xxxxx or lower and no VIN?
1157xxxxxx here, no VIN. Oregon, MYLR Blue, Blk, 19", Tow, No FSD. Current EDD May 16-29. Of course, that's after the same roller coaster ride as everyone else on the EDD bit.

Reactions: advocate8
Wow finally! Been waiting for 7+ months for this day. Got to Mt. Kisco, filled in the paperwork and dashed out of there in 10 minutes. Did I check for panel gaps? Nope. Didn’t even pair my phone or anything lol was honestly just in shock - I first had the Model 3 as my laptop background 4 years ago, then the Model Y when it was released, so today was a dream come true.

Stopped for some pizza on the way home and ate it in the car while watching Netflix, that was fun. Didn’t even spill on the white interior ha

Gave it a more detailed inspection when I got home and everything looks perfectly aligned, absolutely spot on!

The acceleration is ridiculous.. had to put it into chill mode for the hour drive home and it drives much smoother. Didn’t touch the brake pedal all the way home. One pedal driving is a joy and puts you in full control of the car’s velocity. It’s truly a remarkable feat of engineering and technology. 100% worth the wait.

Order Date: 10/11/21
9621D17F-EB2C-49D4-B090-9F23132EDA11.jpeg

Attachments

• C974E137-099F-4A15-871B-757CFABD81E7.jpeg
    C974E137-099F-4A15-871B-757CFABD81E7.jpeg
    369.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 2DED992D-1A69-469B-98DB-51846126B525.jpeg
    2DED992D-1A69-469B-98DB-51846126B525.jpeg
    796.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 6DD26719-4B29-4345-A9DC-F3B98F8A1CA7.jpeg
    6DD26719-4B29-4345-A9DC-F3B98F8A1CA7.jpeg
    349.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 1754AF46-27C4-4EF3-A5F9-B717FE348E90.jpeg
    1754AF46-27C4-4EF3-A5F9-B717FE348E90.jpeg
    259.1 KB · Views: 64
  • E4579D84-E91B-4CF2-8DEB-058BCA992C9D.jpeg
    E4579D84-E91B-4CF2-8DEB-058BCA992C9D.jpeg
    261.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 0AD1EEC2-1415-47F6-8A75-28617F00F9E9.jpeg
    0AD1EEC2-1415-47F6-8A75-28617F00F9E9.jpeg
    406.4 KB · Views: 66
Wow finally! Been waiting for 7+ months for this day. Got to Mt. Kisco, filled in the paperwork and dashed out of there in 10 minutes. Did I check for panel gaps? Nope. Didn’t even pair my phone or anything lol was honestly just in shock - I first had the Model 3 as my laptop background 4 years ago, then the Model Y when it was released, so today was a dream come true.

Stopped for some pizza on the way home and ate it in the car while watching Netflix, that was fun. Didn’t even spill on the white interior ha

Gave it a more detailed inspection when I got home and everything looks perfectly aligned, absolutely spot on!

The acceleration is ridiculous.. had to put it into chill mode for the hour drive home and it drives much smoother. Didn’t touch the brake pedal all the way home. One pedal driving is a joy and puts you in full control of the car’s velocity. It’s truly a remarkable feat of engineering and technology. 100% worth the wait.

Order Date: 10/11/21View attachment 805282
Nice! Congrats! We had the exact same order date and delivery date lol

Reactions: Lukeg5
Some other thoughts/impressions after driving the car around for a while today and finding any excuse to be out and about (post-dinner icecream run with the kids being one of them :))

• The acceleration on the MYLR is PLENTY. Like I get that the MYP is even more awesome, and the Plaid S is even more insane, but realistically, I don't see any real reason to want more unless I was mainly just driving the Y by myself on long drives conducive to acceleration/speeding. I was originally thinking of getting acceleration boost for $2K, but I really don't see myself doing that now.
  • I was pretty worried about ride quality given all the complaints about the suspension, etc. I guess it helps that I've only ridden in "low-end" cars so far, so I suppose I haven't been too spoiled with super isolated/floaty suspensions. I've had no complaints with my MYLR, though I am glad I stuck with the Gemini wheels
  • Speaking of Gemini wheels, I really like them a lot and I am one of the weirdos (perhaps) who actually thinks the aero covers look great and pair well with the blue color. I saw a couple of blue MYPs on the lot and I actually preferred the look of the stock Gemini wheels with aero cover over those. Totally subjective, I know...
  • The seats are really comfortable. I'm really happy with them and I can see myself doing long road trips in this car without a sore butt or a lot of fatigue.
  • I thought I would easily adjust to 1-pedal driving (didn't have any real issues when I test-drove), but I had a scary moment where I almost rear-ended someone at a stop-light. I guess my brain is just wired to think that when I am half pressing a pedal while slowing down, the pedal must be the brake pedal. I was distracted while chatting with my wife, and the regen braking wasn't going to stop me in time due to the car in front braking. I ended up pressing the throttle pedal instead and had a scary Oh-crap moment before being able to quickly switch to the brakes. I'm probably going to stick to using Creep mode for now, which also feels more comfortable when reversing. I can see myself making the switch to "Normal" when both my cars are Teslas, but as long as I am driving an ICE minivan and the MY, I think I might stick to Creep mode to try and avoid this. Feel like a total grandpa writing this out, but I'm still in my late thirties!! :D
Also, as a side-note, Tesla did honor my 1-year Premium Connectivity as well as my 1000 miles of free supercharging (I believe I got 500 for signing up with Tesla solar via referral and another 500 for using a referral bonus back in April, 2021 when referrals were still a thing). The sales associate was super chuffed about that. She was also pointing out all the improvements in the car since April and there certainly has been a lot (AMD CPU/GPU, Li ion battery, heated steering wheel and heated windshield). On net balance, I'd definitely pick all of those over the lost passenger lumbar support and radar (which is going to be phased out anyways once the FSD beta based-builds make it into the regular AP/FSD codebase).

Order Date: 10/11/21View attachment 805282
Congratulations, enjoy the fun!

Reactions: Lukeg5
Well folks, meet the "Roci", my very own spaceship from the future 😄. Pickup was pretty smooth for the most part. The Tesla associate helping me had to pick her jaw off the floor when she saw my order date of April, 2021 and the price I'd locked in. She was super excited about it and the fact that this was by far the oldest order she's made a delivery on 😄.

Car is pretty great and we're really enjoying it. Blew my kids' minds with the surprise reveal when we picked them up at school in this car!

I still don't think the fit and finish from Tesla is top notch but I'm also not someone to obsess over things and historically, my cars have very rarely been in car washes. Some of my minor complaints/observations were:
  • A few minor scratches in paint. They tried to buff it out quickly but it didn't help much
  • A couple of small "lumps" in paint at some parts of the vehicle
  • Probably my biggest annoyance with Teslas... The alignment issues and large gaps around the taillights are still a problem for Tesla. I was initially a bit meh about my car till I looked at the MYs around me and realized I had one of the "good" ones
  • My frunk hood is slightly skewed to the right. Very minor but still there if you look for it. Fortunately it is flush with the front bumper which is the issue that tends to look worse and more noticable on some cars.
Just pointing these out because it was on my mind and something I noticed. But none of it detracts from enjoying the car and we're really enjoying it so far.

Hope everyone else gets their cars soon as well! Now I gotta go obsess over all the accessories I didn't buy ahead of time but now realize I need 😄
CONGRATS!!!! so glad i see someone with the same original OD get thier car.

Some other thoughts/impressions after driving the car around for a while today and finding any excuse to be out and about (post-dinner icecream run with the kids being one of them :))

• The acceleration on the MYLR is PLENTY. Like I get that the MYP is even more awesome, and the Plaid S is even more insane, but realistically, I don't see any real reason to want more unless I was mainly just driving the Y by myself on long drives conducive to acceleration/speeding. I was originally thinking of getting acceleration boost for $2K, but I really don't see myself doing that now.
  • I was pretty worried about ride quality given all the complaints about the suspension, etc. I guess it helps that I've only ridden in "low-end" cars so far, so I suppose I haven't been too spoiled with super isolated/floaty suspensions. I've had no complaints with my MYLR, though I am glad I stuck with the Gemini wheels
  • Speaking of Gemini wheels, I really like them a lot and I am one of the weirdos (perhaps) who actually thinks the aero covers look great and pair well with the blue color. I saw a couple of blue MYPs on the lot and I actually preferred the look of the stock Gemini wheels with aero cover over those. Totally subjective, I know...
  • The seats are really comfortable. I'm really happy with them and I can see myself doing long road trips in this car without a sore butt or a lot of fatigue.
  • I thought I would easily adjust to 1-pedal driving (didn't have any real issues when I test-drove), but I had a scary moment where I almost rear-ended someone at a stop-light. I guess my brain is just wired to think that when I am half pressing a pedal while slowing down, the pedal must be the brake pedal. I was distracted while chatting with my wife, and the regen braking wasn't going to stop me in time due to the car in front braking. I ended up pressing the throttle pedal instead and had a scary Oh-crap moment before being able to quickly switch to the brakes. I'm probably going to stick to using Creep mode for now, which also feels more comfortable when reversing. I can see myself making the switch to "Normal" when both my cars are Teslas, but as long as I am driving an ICE minivan and the MY, I think I might stick to Creep mode to try and avoid this. Feel like a total grandpa writing this out, but I'm still in my late thirties!! :D
Also, as a side-note, Tesla did honor my 1-year Premium Connectivity as well as my 1000 miles of free supercharging (I believe I got 500 for signing up with Tesla solar via referral and another 500 for using a referral bonus back in April, 2021 when referrals were still a thing). The sales associate was super chuffed about that. She was also pointing out all the improvements in the car since April and there certainly has been a lot (AMD CPU/GPU, Li ion battery, heated steering wheel and heated windshield). On net balance, I'd definitely pick all of those over the lost passenger lumbar support and radar (which is going to be phased out anyways once the FSD beta based-builds make it into the regular AP/FSD codebase).
Great review, thanks!

Hi! Has anyone successful traded their car to Driveway? I submitted all my paperwork and they mentioned it could be a week to two weeks. I haven’t heard anything in over a week and I am getting nervous the offer isn’t legit. Trying to put my mind at ease that I didn’t send all my personal information to a scammer.