Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow finally! Been waiting for 7+ months for this day. Got to Mt. Kisco, filled in the paperwork and dashed out of there in 10 minutes. Did I check for panel gaps? Nope. Didn’t even pair my phone or anything lol was honestly just in shock - I first had the Model 3 as my laptop background 4 years ago, then the Model Y when it was released, so today was a dream come true.

Stopped for some pizza on the way home and ate it in the car while watching Netflix, that was fun. Didn’t even spill on the white interior ha

Gave it a more detailed inspection when I got home and everything looks perfectly aligned, absolutely spot on!

The acceleration is ridiculous.. had to put it into chill mode for the hour drive home and it drives much smoother. Didn’t touch the brake pedal all the way home. One pedal driving is a joy and puts you in full control of the car’s velocity. It’s truly a remarkable feat of engineering and technology. 100% worth the wait.

Order Date: 10/11/21View attachment 805282
Dude, you sound SOOOO happy. Happy for you.

By the way, does anyone know what the federal tax incentives is like? Did the bill pass? If so, when does the bill go into effect? Is a tax credit meaning paying off your taxes due or an actual rebate this time? What is the amount? I'm told Tesla gets less cause "non union".

I'm frustrated. I'm positive some of you are as well. I ordered on Oct. 17, 2021 (11:31 am cst) at the Tesla showroom. I was walked through the process with a Tesla employee, so all the boxes were checked to completion. I have done nothing wrong on my end other than maybe order the wrong MY. Not knowing when i'm actually going to get this order is the worst part. Also, the fact that Tesla people themselves don't know either makes it even worse. I don't think it is unrealistic to at least have a solid agreement on when you can expect your order, it's just basic customer service. Sure, I could just move on, but like Big Worm said, "it's the principality, Smokey".

1652801368636.png

Reactions: YSean
I'm frustrated. I'm positive some of you are as well. I ordered on Oct. 17, 2021 (11:31 am cst) at the Tesla showroom. I was walked through the process with a Tesla employee, so all the boxes were checked to completion. I have done nothing wrong on my end other than maybe order the wrong MY. Not knowing when i'm actually going to get this order is the worst part. Also, the fact that Tesla people themselves don't know either makes it even worse. I don't think it is unrealistic to at least have a solid agreement on when you can expect your order, it's just basic customer service. Sure, I could just move one, but like Big Worm said, "it's the principality, Smokey".

View attachment 805440
When did your EDD move from May 14-May 28 to just September? Maybe this is due to you about to get a VIN. we have seen it before that EDDs push out while its in limbo awaiting its VIN. Check your source code, maybe its a soft match.

Reactions: ChrisUli
Hi! Has anyone successful traded their car to Driveway? I submitted all my paperwork and they mentioned it could be a week to two weeks. I haven’t heard anything in over a week and I am getting nervous the offer isn’t legit. Trying to put my mind at ease that I didn’t send all my personal information to a scammer.
I had successfully traded to Driveway. I had the appointment scheduled to take my vehicle to a local dealership for inspection. Sent documents 5 days before the appointment via text. The agent had the check ready at the time of inspection. Did you try to call them to find out the status?

When did your EDD move from May 14-May 28 to just September? Maybe this is due to you about to get a VIN. we have seen it before that EDDs push out while its in limbo awaiting its VIN. Check your source code, maybe its a soft match.
Every time I got within 2 weeks of the EDD, it moved. This time, it jumped even my original delivery date which was June - July. This last time it just said eff, off to Sept. jail for you! I stopped checking the source code as often as I used to. It's pointless.

By the way, does anyone know what the federal tax incentives is like? Did the bill pass? If so, when does the bill go into effect? Is a tax credit meaning paying off your taxes due or an actual rebate this time? What is the amount? I'm told Tesla gets less cause "non union".
From what i know BBB the bill with the EV Credit was shot down back in Dec. So right now there is no credit or incentive to purchasing a tesla.

i think if it had pass teslas would get 7500 or 8000 refundable credit, that you would get back or taken off your tax lability during tax season.

I made an appointment to pick up the car at 10:00 a.m. next Thursday, May 26.Does anyone get the VIN of 445 like me?Very back, I'm a little excited. I don't know if I'll have insomnia these days:p
Hey Nora!

Picking up mines tomorrow, from what I can tell, you there is insomnia! I've been unable to sleep for the past few days. Just one more night! What's your build btw?

Reactions: Nora DiCaprio