Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Insurance/Delivery Question: Tesla SA told us (via email) yesterday to put the start date on our insurance to the day before scheduled delivery, but we only have the estimated delivery date (June 1-5) so far. I'm guessing we just put the date as 05/31, send it to our Tesla account and hope they schedule us for 6/1 (the start of the window)? Sounds like a chicken or egg thing. I told my wife we should put today's date, and maybe we'll have the car tomorrow? LOL. (ok, who am I kidding after the 220+ day wait for a VIN)
I found out daily rate for me is small. Comparing with all the emotional stress associated with this whole thing, so I went ahead set date as a few days before EDD. One less thing to worry about.

I heard Fremont is pumping out cars like crazy which means QC will be down. I suppose they are trying to make up for some of the Shanghai shutdown. It seems that they are okay with sending these out and having service centers fix.

The big problem for wait times? Texas isn't delivering any cars that people have been waiting for. They decided to manufacture a short range expensive version of the Y first. Talk about a debacle.
I guess Tesla feels it is okay to continue taking orders while making people wait 200+ days (if lucky) to get their cars, while dedicating it’s largest and supposedly best manufacturing facility to a market-testing/technology-proofing vehicle that no one other than employees can currently order…

Meanwhile, North American orders are fulfilled out of an aging factory that is perpetuating poor QC trends as if it is chic, and we’re all still chomping at the bits waiting for a string of numbers to be dispensed. This is starting to sound like a drug deal…

The part that gets me is while it is universally known that certain QC problems can be, and usually will be fixed relatively quickly, we still have SCs out there claiming those same specific QC problems cannot be fixed and that’s that. It is almost as if the technicians took a weekend course in actual Tesla tech, but are continually being reinforced on B.S. training. This hits close to home because my coworker’s suspension problem, that the local SC claimed to be a brake problem (due to not using brakes enough they said, I kid you not), is now coming back again for the third time (first time was mobile service).

This is a bad week to go cold turkey on coffee… LoL.

Hi folks. With our scheduled appointment at the Portland, Oregon DC this weekend, I have a question about pick-up efficiency. My in-laws picked up their M3 from the Portland DC about 4 years ago. Their appointment time was 11 a.m. but they didn't get out of there with the car until after 6 pm. It was EOQ, though. Does anyone have more recent experience to share about the efficiency of the pick up process at Portland these days? We have a 3.5 hour drive each way, so spending any more time than necessary will be far less than desirable. BTW, we will be dropping off a trade as well.

Uberturbines wheel cover for Model 3 from Aliexpress. I contacted the seller and they are working on 19” wheel for MY. He will update me next week. Would cost pretty much the same as Remetrix.
69FED647-B869-4534-9DB8-561FB50CBFA6.jpeg

Hi folks. With our scheduled appointment at the Portland, Oregon DC this weekend, I have a question about pick-up efficiency. My in-laws picked up their M3 from the Portland DC about 4 years ago. Their appointment time was 11 a.m. but they didn't get out of there with the car until after 6 pm. It was EOQ, though. Does anyone have more recent experience to share about the efficiency of the pick up process at Portland these days? We have a 3.5 hour drive each way, so spending any more time than necessary will be far less than desirable. BTW, we will be dropping off a trade as well.
I picked up our Model S there at the end of March, and it took minutes. But that was on a weekday, so there weren’t too many people there. We also arrived about an hour early, and it wasn’t a problem.

• Helpful
Reactions: cglenn2000
View attachment 805960

So it's here! I can finally stop complaining now (thanks for listening to my rant), but there are panel gaps, but they told that is not something they can fix. A few question, is there anyways to adjust sentry mode sensitivity? Also, those who lives in the NYC area, any Tesla friendly suggestions / locations for car wash? Trying to find a place without too much chemicals that will harm the paint & the sensors.
Sorry about the panel gaps, that stinks. How’s the paint quality on your MSM? Mine was kinda crappy, lots of dark spots and bubbles under the clear coat so no way to really get rid of them. I just call them “birthmarks”!

Sorry about the panel gaps, that stinks. How’s the paint quality on your MSM? Mine was kinda crappy, lots of dark spots and bubbles under the clear coat so no way to really get rid of them. I just call them “birthmarks”!
Yeah, I'm F419 line... so not new... not even sure if it came out in EOQ or April, but yeah, just 1 scratch I see on the day of delivery, but for some reason, I do not find it shiny enough compared to some (not all), but some Tesla paint I see was very fluent smooth like liquid, not sure if they did any aftermarket stuff, just really really new or their paint job was simply done well, but my doesn't seem to be liquid texture like. No scratches, but not smooth enough.

Reactions: 3YMimi73
I just picked up my MYLR earlier this week. The paper work took about 10 minutes. They walked me out to my new model Y and told me to take as much time as I want then hit accept on the app. There were 4 others picking there new cars up at the same time. I was out of there in less then an hour. If I wanted to take less time it could have left in about 20 minutes start to finish. Hope this helps. Enjoy!!

• Helpful
Reactions: lost_sailor
Wonderful news - my SA was able to snag us a VIN that someone had to decline. F448 range, will be on its way from the factory in the next week or so. Just gotta get my trade-in info submitted & apply for our loan.

For reference for peeps - Washington State, MYLR Blue/Black/19/Tow/No FSD.
Turns out it's actually already on a truck heading my way, currently in North Cali.

Wife and I head out on vacation a week from today, but my SA is certain that we will have it before then...

Reactions: advocate8