Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my MYLR earlier this week. The paper work took about 10 minutes. They walked me out to my new model Y and told me to take as much time as I want then hit accept on the app. There were 4 others picking there new cars up at the same time. I was out of there in less then an hour. If I wanted to take less time it could have left in about 20 minutes start to finish. Hope this helps. Enjoy!!
Thanks for the play by play. Hopefully things will go just as smooth as it did for you. Cheers!

Reactions: manhattanfire
I like your attitude about it…any chance they’ll cover repairs later-on, if any of those birthmarks fail prematurely?
I didn’t point them out at delivery because they would have probably just brushed them off as “it’s not a big deal” type of thing. To the observer you don’t see them, but to me the detailer, you can definitely see them.
I try to have a positive attitude about the whole thing. I waited 7 months for the car and I really didn’t want to wait 12+ months if I declined delivery. And who knows what would be wrong with that one.

Reactions: cons220
I didn’t point them out at delivery because they would have probably just brushed them off as “it’s not a big deal” type of thing. To the observer you don’t see them, but to me the detailer, you can definitely see them.
I try to have a positive attitude about the whole thing. I waited 7 months for the car and I really didn’t want to wait 12+ months if I declined delivery. And who knows what would be wrong with that one.
It could be worse... I tried my hand for the first-time ever at detailing (Foam cannon + 2-bucket wash + Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax) and managed to scratch up my taillights in the process 🙃

I suspect it was the water caught between the rear window and body that I blew out later with my air blower and I suspect that had a lot of junk in it which then got wiped across as I was trying to buff the wax.

But I have to agree, I am not very impressed with the paint quality after having spent a couple of hours up-close with it while applying the sealant/wax. Lots of "birthmarks" and even some nicks in the paint. Luckily no dents. Still looks stunning though :)

Reactions: Tezla. and 3YMimi73
It could be worse... I tried my hand for the first-time ever at detailing (Foam cannon + 2-bucket wash + Griot's Garage 3-in-1 Ceramic Wax) and managed to scratch up my taillights in the process 🙃

I suspect it was the water caught between the rear window and body that I blew out later with my air blower and I suspect that had a lot of junk in it which then got wiped across as I was trying to buff the wax.

But I have to agree, I am not very impressed with the paint quality after having spent a couple of hours up-close with it while applying the sealant/wax. Lots of "birthmarks" and even some nicks in the paint. Luckily no dents. Still looks stunning though :)
The most advanced spray booth is at the Berlin plant, so I guess we’ll just have to settle with the best Fremont can offer here on the west coast. :/

Reactions: 3YMimi73
She's been keeping an eye out for VINs that appear in the wild that matched my config.

I've been pretty lucky with my interactions with my local sales center - the various sales, service center workers & even the GM have been informative and upbeat.
Wow. That’s awesome. Unfortunately I feel like the good customer service you received is the exception from the norm. My texts go unanswered.

Enjoy your new vehicle!

Reactions: Tezla.

Oh no…..I’m so sorry! It is the worse feeling in the world, I’ve been there.
I will say I do love my foam cannon, best purchase ever!
I’m glad I’m not the only one with the “birthmarks.” I definitely didnt have any dents in the car when I took delivery.

Last edited:
Hey all! Anyone take delivery over the last several weeks and can confirm whether the universal mobile charger is still coming with the car as ordered? I realize they no longer include it in new orders but curious to know if 2021 orders are affected.
Yup, still shipping with these orders. I even got my 1 year premium connectivity and 1000 supercharger miles from referral credit since those were still active when I'd place my order. So they are definitely honoring the terms of the purchase at the time the order is placed.

Reactions: lost_sailor
Hey all! Anyone take delivery over the last several weeks and can confirm whether the universal mobile charger is still coming with the car as ordered? I realize they no longer include it in new orders but curious to know if 2021 orders are affected.
Mine came with one!

Attachments

• E28585D8-FEE9-480B-95BC-F139A49D6919.jpeg
    E28585D8-FEE9-480B-95BC-F139A49D6919.jpeg
    609.6 KB · Views: 57