Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if others debate when to pay once VIN receive…but I went ahead and wired payment to Tesla today since I got VIN this week…EDD 5/31 to 6/4.

My Bank was not supported in the Tesla app for ACH so I was left with certified check or wire.

Maybe I should have waited until I have a confirmed delivery appt? In any event, excitement…and maybe a little OCD of leaving tasks open…I went ahead with the wire xfer today.

Wire was minimal hassle…did it via secure email portal with my bank…and Tesla recognized receipt of payment within like and hour….was happily surprised how quick payment reflected in the Tesla app.

Not sure if this is interesting, or useful, to anyone but I couldn’t find info on how far in advance people were completing payment so wanted to give a data point on my journey. Cheers.

Not sure if others debate when to pay once VIN receive…but I went ahead and wired payment to Tesla today since I got VIN this week…EDD 5/31 to 6/4.

My Bank was not supported in the Tesla app for ACH so I was left with certified check or wire.

Maybe I should have waited until I have a confirmed delivery appt? In any event, excitement…and maybe a little OCD of leaving tasks open…I went ahead with the wire xfer today.

Wire was minimal hassle…did it via secure email portal with my bank…and Tesla recognized receipt of payment within like and hour….was happily surprised how quick payment reflected in the Tesla app.

Not sure if this is interesting, or useful, to anyone but I couldn’t find info on how far in advance people were completing payment so wanted to give a data point on my journey. Cheers.
for ACH, SA tells me to pay 2 or 3 days before confirmed delivery date.

Reactions: ehog
Planning to finance my MYLR but need to apply for Chase Preferred. How much of an impact a credit card does to credit score and how long it takes to recover? Is it advisable to apply it post financing? My credit score is in 750+ range and my current EDD is 6/7 to 7/5. TIA!

Hey, I just got my F448 VIN number (I can't believe it yet). Quick question
What is the usual timeframe to get delivery from the day we get the VIN assigned?. I haven't been contacted by Tesla yet, I just saw the VIN number in my account.
I received VIN this morning, informed Tesla I have a trade vehicle and now awaiting their offer, then I got the text to schedule delivery date and scheduled it for 6/3. Hoping it’ll actually be there and ready to go. My EDD is 6/1 - 6/4.

We didn’t - we had something ready, but he was quick to be on his way and didn’t really do anything extra 🤷🏻‍♀️
Thank you for your prompt reply! When he said he wants to deliver it tonight and asked if it was OK, but wasn’t sure what time, maybe 2-3am…I was so excited…How could I refuse!?!
Thinking he’d just leave it in the driveway, he said he’ll call when he’s about 15 minutes away…that’s when I thought maybe he was fishing for a tip?

Reactions: ehog
Thank you for your prompt reply! When he said he wants to deliver it tonight and asked if it was OK, but wasn’t sure what time, maybe 2-3am…I was so excited…How could I refuse!?!
Thinking he’d just leave it in the driveway, he said he’ll call when he’s about 15 minutes away…that’s when I thought maybe he was fishing for a tip?
Probably needs you to sign off on it because of potential damage.

• Helpful
Reactions: orion2001
for ACH, SA tells me to pay 2 or 3 days before confirmed delivery date.
Your SA is misinformed. You can pay via ACH through the Tesla app after inspection. That's what I did when I picked up my car last week. App updates status right away and it was a very straightforward transaction. I was very glad I didn't have to go to my bank for a cashier's check. That seems rather antiquated for 2022!

Good to know for future…that would be ideal…to pay at delivery via ACH.

It was a surprise to me that my bank didn’t work with Tesla’s Plaid/ACH payment option…so definitely go through the add payment option…where you can search for your bank…ahead of showing up for delivery.

Your SA is misinformed. You can pay via ACH through the Tesla app after inspection. That's what I did when I picked up my car last week. App updates status right away and it was a very straightforward transaction. I was very glad I didn't have to go to my bank for a cashier's check. That seems rather antiquated for 2022!
I've Paid in the APP before the visit to the Dealer in the App which is Pretty Straight forward. Good to pass on the info

this is driving me crazy.
Ordered 10/6 and got VIN 4/26 for MYLR.
The car is sitting at the store since 4/29 missing part(s?) and no one can give any kind of estimate on when that part will arrive or i can get the car.
I'm absolutely pissed at this point. not b/c i don't have a car, but b/c they have been the most evasive, non helpful customer support i've ever dealt with. at least Comcast gives you a window. my EDD right now is May 20-24 and tomorrow will be May 21-25.
is there anything i can do to get info or something? can i demand a new VIN, one that has the missing part that they are refusing to put on my current VIN?

this is driving me crazy.
Ordered 10/6 and got VIN 4/26 for MYLR.
The car is sitting at the store since 4/29 missing part(s?) and no one can give any kind of estimate on when that part will arrive or i can get the car.
I'm absolutely pissed at this point. not b/c i don't have a car, but b/c they have been the most evasive, non helpful customer support i've ever dealt with. at least Comcast gives you a window. my EDD right now is May 20-24 and tomorrow will be May 21-25.
is there anything i can do to get info or something? can i demand a new VIN, one that has the missing part that they are refusing to put on my current VIN?

No answers as most of us are getting the same runaround you are, but you’ll at least find company on these threads:

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/model-y-shipped-without-charging-port.266396/

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/car-at-delivery-centre-but-tesla-waiting-for-a-part.265859/