Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have you been able to download the manual or just view online
So it looks like what they give you a free year long subscription to their service manuals/catalogue which is kind of a website with tons of service info and from what I can tell it can’t be downloaded as a pdf. I just subscribed and the total showed $0. You may be able to do a lot of screenshots and save if you really wanted to.

this is driving me crazy.
Ordered 10/6 and got VIN 4/26 for MYLR.
The car is sitting at the store since 4/29 missing part(s?) and no one can give any kind of estimate on when that part will arrive or i can get the car.
I'm absolutely pissed at this point. not b/c i don't have a car, but b/c they have been the most evasive, non helpful customer support i've ever dealt with. at least Comcast gives you a window. my EDD right now is May 20-24 and tomorrow will be May 21-25.
is there anything i can do to get info or something? can i demand a new VIN, one that has the missing part that they are refusing to put on my current VIN?
It’s frustrating to hear, so I can only imagine…I’m sorry you’re going through this. Other than taking comfort in knowing you are not alone, this is a good example of how these forums can actually make it worse…it must feel like you’re just being passed by!
Although, I hope you didn’t actually pay for it yet, the “service” center can’t be happy it’s sitting there taking up space either…that may be where you can find an ally to address the issue. (If you have already paid, the threat of the Lemon Law would force them to address it sooner.)
This is a lesson in patience. May you find serenity to accept what you can not change…peace be with you! Good luck;-)🍀

Last edited:
Reactions: MizzleD
Thank you for your prompt reply! When he said he wants to deliver it tonight and asked if it was OK, but wasn’t sure what time, maybe 2-3am…I was so excited…How could I refuse!?!
Thinking he’d just leave it in the driveway, he said he’ll call when he’s about 15 minutes away…that’s when I thought maybe he was fishing for a tip?

I think he just prefers to leave the car with a person. I just got a text when he was on his way (already knowing that he was coming from Syracuse). What time did he end up showing up??

I think he just prefers to leave the car with a person. I just got a text when he was on his way (already knowing that he was coming from Syracuse). What time did he end up showing up??
6:45am...no plates or temporary registration, App still says we'll notify you when to proceed with predelivery tasks (make delivery appt, review docs, accept delivery)...all greyed out still, but waiting to be able to do anything?

6:45am...no plates or temporary registration, App still says we'll notify you when to proceed with predelivery tasks (make delivery appt, review docs, accept delivery)...all greyed out still, but waiting to be able to do anything?
That’s odd - it should have come with those! I did have to reach out to Tesla to accept delivery, but it might’ve been too early for their system to register.

It’s frustrating to hear, so I can only imagine…I’m sorry you’re going through this. Other than taking comfort in knowing you are not alone, this is a good example of how these forums can actually make it worse…it must feel like you’re just being passed by!
Although, I hope you didn’t actually pay for it yet, the “service” center can’t be happy it’s sitting there taking up space either…that may be where you can find an ally to address the issue. (If you have already paid, the threat of the Lemon Law would force them to address it sooner.)
This is a lesson in patience. May you find serenity to accept what you can not change…peace be with you! Good luck;-)🍀
oh it's paid for. when i got the VIN i was advised to complete all my remaining tasks which included paying for it. so what the hell can i do?

Meet Beluga! She’s a beauty!

Delivery went super smooth today, absolutely no issues I could see with the car. The dash cam wasn’t recording at first but then removed and put the flash drive back in and then it was fine.

Already put 70 miles on her😍 an absolute pleasure to drive. The sun decided to come out in Seattle to welcome her!
Interesting name. Beluga are white, they are not native to the Puget Sound / WA Coast, and for sure have never been spotted off the shores of Lake Washington in Bellevue, where that picture was taken.

<just ribbing you, it's a great name, congrats on the car, but I couldn't resist>

:)

• Funny
Reactions: rohilshah
oh it's paid for. when i got the VIN i was advised to complete all my remaining tasks which included paying for it. so what the hell can i do?
Ouch, if the money was already taken from my account, I’d be at that service center demanding to know when it’ll be done and remind them that Minnesota State Attorney General Keith Ellison is going to hear about it (See link on Lemon Law: “manufactures duty…for a car that has been out of service…for 30 or more cumulative business days.” The clock is ticking, and patience is a virtue.
It sux, but they’ll be sure to have it to you before the time runs out…what’s another month and a half?😳sorry😬 once again, good luck 🍀

That’s odd - it should have come with those! I did have to reach out to Tesla to accept delivery, but it might’ve been too early for their system to register.
I sent an email…Emanuel screwed up. They just texted me the tracking number for delivery of plates & registration. I further inquired about the App and suddenly it’s unlocked (I didn’t get to “review the agreements” (whatever they were) or select “accept delivery”. Unfortunately, They asked me not to drive it yet (illegally!?!)🙄 and they started the clock on my 30 day trials already (maybe I can Squeeze some more out of them later)😉. It looks perfect though. 🥳

Reactions: RocY
Ouch, if the money was already taken from my account, I’d be at that service center demanding to know when it’ll be done and remind them that Minnesota State Attorney General Keith Ellison is going to hear about it (See link on Lemon Law: “manufactures duty…for a car that has been out of service…for 30 or more cumulative business days.” The clock is ticking, and patience is a virtue.
It sux, but they’ll be sure to have it to you before the time runs out…what’s another month and a half?😳sorry😬 once again, good luck 🍀
Thanks for the link to the lemon law. if i get nowhere on Monday, i'll reach out to the AG office. i'm not quite to the 30 business days, but it might help squeeze them some more.

Reactions: cons220
My EDD changed to 4 days window May 24-28 from last push of May 21-31. Also there is a VIN in the source code F447xxx. Called them as I am leaving town on May 26 for 5 week due to family matters. The guy on the phone was very understanding and nice, he said the my car is on route and usually takes a day to arrive to Vancouver. He sent a note to the delivery centre explaining my situation to hopefully the delivery can be expedited before my flight. Fingers crossed 🤞.

Interesting name. Beluga are white, they are not native to the Puget Sound / WA Coast, and for sure have never been spotted off the shores of Lake Washington in Bellevue, where that picture was taken.

<just ribbing you, it's a great name, congrats on the car, but I couldn't resist>

:)
Hahahaha I know I know
Belugas are white but the model Y does look like a whale 😂
The name beluga is dual purpose, it’s my favorite vodka haha

Just wanted something unique and wasn’t gonna name it Orca😂

this is driving me crazy.
Ordered 10/6 and got VIN 4/26 for MYLR.
The car is sitting at the store since 4/29 missing part(s?) and no one can give any kind of estimate on when that part will arrive or i can get the car.
I'm absolutely pissed at this point. not b/c i don't have a car, but b/c they have been the most evasive, non helpful customer support i've ever dealt with. at least Comcast gives you a window. my EDD right now is May 20-24 and tomorrow will be May 21-25.
is there anything i can do to get info or something? can i demand a new VIN, one that has the missing part that they are refusing to put on my current VIN?
I don’t know; just be patient. Some people ordered before you and their EDD doesn’t start for another 97 days. What’s the difference? This is life. *shrug*

I am still waiting for my VIN but just got a text for trade-in.. If I reply to this text with my car VIN and miles just to get the quote, will it make any change in my account?
Uh yeah don't count on any change happening. I got that text roughly 60 days ago. Have had a two week window come and go and now almost 3 weeks in June Jail since.

Reactions: WhiteWi
I am still waiting for my VIN but just got a text for trade-in.. If I reply to this text with my car VIN and miles just to get the quote, will it make any change in my account?
If you reply yes, they will open your account, quickly go in and put in the trade in info, they can give you a quote in as little as 2 hours(that was the case for me a month before VIN) or as long as 2 or 3 days(also the case for me when I did it the first time). After you see the quote, reject it and complete your profile even if you’re interested in trading in. You can add the trade in after you get a VIN.

Reactions: Deliboy
If you reply yes, they will open your account, quickly go in and put in the trade in info, they can give you a quote in as little as 2 hours(that was the case for me a month before VIN) or as long as 2 or 3 days(also the case for me when I did it the first time). After you see the quote, reject it and complete your profile even if you’re interested in trading in. You can add the trade in after you get a VIN.
Thanks.

Reactions: AbeTes