Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you, any suggestion on the Part?

Reactions: BGOwner and svsk135
Stop feeding the youtube clickbaiters......
I agree the Video title isn't helpful but take a look at the video, it goes into details why Tesla's is in much better position than other EV manufacturer. A number of people on this forum complain about Tesla, these are "Grass is greener on the the other side" thinkers. As an Electronic equipment manufacturer myself, supply chain problems are real and wont be get better any time soon.

Reactions: YSean
A bit off-topic, but for those who have gotten delivery, is anyone else experiencing a high-pitched whine like a dentist's drill when getting on the throttle? It isn't super loud but quite noticeable and grating if I don't have music playing. I hear it at low speeds all the way to highway speeds with the frequency getting more high-pitched at faster speeds. Probably will open a service request about it. Have found some people online talking about drive unit grounding straps or missing isolation foam that can cause such issues, but I don't have any other MYLRs to compare against to see if my current experience is out of the ordinary (I don't recall hearing this when I test drove a year back)

A bit off-topic, but for those who have gotten delivery, is anyone else experiencing a high-pitched whine like a dentist's drill when getting on the throttle? It isn't super loud but quite noticeable and grating if I don't have music playing. I hear it at low speeds all the way to highway speeds with the frequency getting more high-pitched at faster speeds. Probably will open a service request about it. Have found some people online talking about drive unit grounding straps or missing isolation foam that can cause such issues, but I don't have any other MYLRs to compare against to see if my current experience is out of the ordinary (I don't recall hearing this when I test drove a year back)
Not sure about pitch, but do hear whines. Have dual pane front windows, yet it still seem noisy than expected, same situation, don't have another Y to compare to. Also feel like the ride is harsher / bumpier than I expected, heard Y is not the smoothest ride, but also heard they improved the suspension recently... if only there was another vehicle I can benchmark / compare to, then if it's different enough I can complain.

Mine does this, I started a thread on this last week.
It’s so annoying, sounds like a dog whistle! Sometimes I can hear it over the music and sometimes I can’t.
I do have a service apt scheduled but it’s not til June.
I didn’t notice it today while running errands, but I also had the music turned up pretty loud 😂

It seems to be a growing concern reported by more and more Y owners, and I have seen some from M3 owners as well. Most of these reports end up with quick dismissal by Tesla service tech, but some, albeit very few who pressed Tesla for a solution have gotten them fixed by replacing and/or installing for the first time (how does this even happen?!) the insulation striping around the rear battery component; sorry the name escapes me.

Here are some past posts to read through if you haven't already: Search results

Definitely schedule a service appointment, and demand results. We're not talking about rear belt buckle knocking around during the drive kind of problem anymore...

Not here. Super quiet. Funniest sound I hear is when my wife backs up and you hear the crazy ufo sound