Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delivery scheduled for Thurs 6/2 in the morning at our house, even though we’re not far from Tyco Rd and we didn’t specifically request home delivery. In any case, we’re very excited! Now gotta think of a name that my wife will like. (It’s hers and she’d probably be fine with the default “Model Y” or whatever it is… unless/until we end up with multiple…;))

While the wait has been quite a roller-coaster ride (and I know it’s not quite over yet), I’ll note that in our case it’s arriving right around the time Tesla originally estimated — estimates were just starting to slip from May to June when we ordered. Our estimate also didn’t bounce around quite as much as it did for others here. No idea why.
Congratulations

Reactions: paulkva
When I first received the text to schedule delivery date and time, it was asking for home delivery (perhaps by default). I had wanted to do delivery at the local SC since I'm very close, so I texted Tesla and asked if they could switch to SC delivery and they did right away. So in case you guys want to get your car at a SC, you can contact Tesla to request the change.

Reactions: ehog
When I first received the text to schedule delivery date and time, it was asking for home delivery (perhaps by default). I had wanted to do delivery at the local SC since I'm very close, so I texted Tesla and asked if they could switch to SC delivery and they did right away. So in case you guys want to get your car at a SC, you can contact Tesla to request the change.
Thank you. I like home delivery since the delivery center in either Costa Mesa or Irvine is far from my home.
Is there any benefit to pick up rather than home delivery?

Reactions: PeteOC
Thank you. I like home delivery since the delivery center in either Costa Mesa or Irvine is far from my home.
Is there any benefit to pick up rather than home delivery?
Given Tesla's track record, I wanted the option to note, and have certain minor "irregularities" fixed on the spot if at all possible post inspection, then schedule service appointments for the rest. Plus I'm trading in a vehicle to Tesla so it'd just be easier handling it at the SC in my opinion. Of course, home delivery means you don't have to be exposed to a bunch of people if that's a concern.

Reactions: Jeremiah29.11
Hey anyone who has had a delivery scheduled, when did you get the text?? Got the VIN two days ago with EDD updated to 5/25-5/31. Sent insurance and down payment on the 23rd but haven't heard from anyone at Tesla. 😕
I have had my VIN for almost a month and no delivery text yet. If I were you I wouldn't treat their EDD as a hard date window and dont do anything or pay anything until you get a final delivery date from them.

Reactions: ultracoop
Hey anyone who has had a delivery scheduled, when did you get the text?? Got the VIN two days ago with EDD updated to 5/25-5/31. Sent insurance and down payment on the 23rd but haven't heard from anyone at Tesla. 😕
I got VIN this morning through mobile app around 7:51, then the delivery schedule by text @ 8:39, by email @ 8:44
But I still thinking 🤔 about home delivery and pick up at SC

I have had my VIN for almost a month and no delivery text yet. If I were you I wouldn't treat their EDD as a hard date window and dont do anything or pay anything until you get a final delivery date from them.
I got VIN this morning through mobile app around 7:51, then the delivery schedule by text @ 8:39, by email @ 8:44

Wow, a late-day update; never had a refresh that wasn’t at 9am.

EDD just changed from 8/26 to 10/7 to 6/3 to 6/14.

Exciting but I know better at this point lol.

D5CC296F-8515-4790-971A-03B77158C332.jpeg