Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey anyone who has had a delivery scheduled, when did you get the text?? Got the VIN two days ago with EDD updated to 5/25-5/31. Sent insurance and down payment on the 23rd but haven't heard from anyone at Tesla. 😕
Don't forget to update the Google tracker sheet with your VIN date! I just saw your username on there with the data missing. Thanks!

Reactions: ultracoop
Here’s my tax everyone! Thanks for all the support over the last 7 months haha
EAC7CA20-AFC8-48E3-8DEB-BF175DD16705.jpeg

Given Tesla's track record, I wanted the option to note, and have certain minor "irregularities" fixed on the spot if at all possible post inspection, then schedule service appointments for the rest.
This! When we got our M3SR+, we had about 4-5 things taken care of at the Costa Mesa location before we left the lot. Had to schedule about 4-5 more appts to take care of other things.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeteOC
Brought it home, no issues at all. Thanks everyone for their inputs and support😁👍
Glad you had no issues. I put in a ticket and 6 weeks before I could get an appointment. Problem is, one is required for mobile not in service center, yet it’s mixed in with other items. When they reached out for more info on my issues, I asked about the mobile appt and got a vague answer. Hate to wait 6 weeks, only get some things done then have to wait again to get the mobile appt

Glad you had no issues. I put in a ticket and 6 weeks before I could get an appointment. Problem is, one is required for mobile not in service center, yet it’s mixed in with other items. When they reached out for more info on my issues, I asked about the mobile appt and got a vague answer. Hate to wait 6 weeks, only get some things done then have to wait again to get the mobile appt
Sorry to hear that.

Had my first mobile service visit to fix my rear buttons to drop seats not working and one of the coat hooks not latching well. Tech was really nice and on time. It was funny and sad to learn that the reason my rear buttons (for dropping 2nd row seats) didn't work was because they didn't connect the cable at the factory 😕. He tried to adjust the tension on the spring for the coat hook and while it seemed fixed for a bit, once he got all the seals and bits hooked back up, it was again being finicky. I'm probably not going to bother trying to get it fixed for real as it is a bit invasive and I'd rather not mess anything else with my car trying to have them fix this.

I love the car but I cannot help but feel underwhelmed with the general quality coming out of Tesla. I've never had such issues with any of the cars I've owned and I was a lot more optimistic about cars coming out of Fremont being much better in terms of QC, etc. Tesla is going to really have to step up over the next few years or they will see a lot of the mainstream car companies muscle their way onto their turf and steal customers from them.

2.49% with EV discount, Direct Deposit, and automatic payments. Gone is the 1.99% I saw back in March but such is life. Tesla is firm on 3.24% from what I’ve seen so wasn’t going to do that. No other credit unions around me was offering this so I just stuck with DCU. They’re definitely on the ball and know the Tesla process well.
Sorry, late to the party but who or what institution is DCU? Thanks

Had my first mobile service visit to fix my rear buttons to drop seats not working and one of the coat hooks not latching well. Tech was really nice and on time. It was funny and sad to learn that the reason my rear buttons (for dropping 2nd row seats) didn't work was because they didn't connect the cable at the factory 😕. He tried to adjust the tension on the spring for the coat hook and while it seemed fixed for a bit, once he got all the seals and bits hooked back up, it was again being finicky. I'm probably not going to bother trying to get it fixed for real as it is a bit invasive and I'd rather not mess anything else with my car trying to have them fix this.

I love the car but I cannot help but feel underwhelmed with the general quality coming out of Tesla. I've never had such issues with any of the cars I've owned and I was a lot more optimistic about cars coming out of Fremont being much better in terms of QC, etc. Tesla is going to really have to step up over the next few years or they will see a lot of the mainstream car companies muscle their way onto their turf and steal customers from them.
Waiting for the "these problems exist with all manufacturers" and "they're doing the best they can" responses from the Musketeers. 🍿🤣

I'm admittedly expecting horrible paint quality and at least 1-2 broken or missing parts. Would love to be surprised though.

I have had my VIN for almost a month and no delivery text yet. If I were you I wouldn't treat their EDD as a hard date window and dont do anything or pay anything until you get a final delivery date from them.
No no, I'm fully expecting this to be the latest, greatest headache of the experience. It's already been pushed since my post.

Old: 5/25-5/31
New: 5/28-6/01

Here we go again...

Does anyone know how long it takes Tesla to adjust the agreement? I accepted tesla trade in price for my Car yesterday and I asked them to adjust my down payment.
Mine took 5 days. I talked to SA, and he said he escalated to management as something was wrong. Second SA told me the next day that it was still with Trade in team. Trade in was approved, but I had to resend picture of license as first one was not clear. Day after resending, MVPA was updated. This was also the same date as my first delivery date, that got pushed at the last minute

Mine took 5 days. I talked to SA, and he said he escalated to management as something was wrong. Second SA told me the next day that it was still with Trade in team. Trade in was approved, but I had to resend picture of license as first one was not clear. Day after resending, MVPA was updated. This was also the same date as my first delivery date, that got pushed at the last minute
hmm ok i'll give them a call again later. I"m suppose to pick up early next week and i want to show up with the right amount on the check and i'm also paying the right amount as a whole...