Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone, One more question. Will the traffic lights be displayed on autopilot? Or FSD?

Thank you.☺️
To add to what the others said, you do get the light display either ways but the chime on green light feature is unfortunately restricted to FSD only. Without that feature, I find the stoplight visualizations a lot less useful beyond just being some extra eye candy on the screen.

Back in March, Telsa stated its current Fremont output is 600,000 per year with 500,000 of that being model 3 and Y. Anyone know what the split is? 50/50 between 3 and Y? If so, Fremont is producing almost 700 Y's per day. I'm on day 210. That means about 145,000 Y's have been produced since my order. LOL
I’ve been wondering the same thing. I couldn’t find the answer on how many Ys are produced a day. I would think they are producing more Ys to try to catch up on demand since the 3s have a shorter delivery cycle.
I’m close behind you on day 204. The demand is just mind boggling.

Back in March, Telsa stated its current Fremont output is 600,000 per year with 500,000 of that being model 3 and Y. Anyone know what the split is? 50/50 between 3 and Y? If so, Fremont is producing almost 700 Y's per day. I'm on day 210. That means about 145,000 Y's have been produced since my order. LOL
I’ve been wondering the same thing. I couldn’t find the answer on how many Ys are produced a day. I would think they are producing more Ys to try to catch up on demand since the 3s have a shorter delivery cycle.
I’m close behind you on day 204. The demand is just mind boggling.
We can actually estimate Model Y production (very roughly) using the Teslike spreadsheet. While it doesn't have a lot of data points, it can give us a sense of how many VINs they run through per month by looking at the "VIN range by VIN month" tab. Presuming, of course, that they assign VINs sequentially, then if we exclude outliers and focus on the clusters on the spreadsheet, here's what we get:

MonthLowest VIN rangeHighest VIN range
Jan 2022352,000372,000
Feb 2022372,000393,000
Mar 2022391,000412,000
Apr 2022413,000433,000
May 2022432,000455,000

So it kinda looks like they're producing ~20K/month in Fremont, which is remarkably close to @bluewhite79's estimate of 700/day.

That same tab also corroborates my earlier speculation that the spreadsheet is tracking only a very small percentage of deliveries -- on the right side there's a count by VIN range, which (so far) doesn't show any range of 1,000 having more than 9 data points (0.9%). Many are fewer than 5/1000 (0.5%), and some ranges don't even appear (e.g. 441,000 and 443,000).

OK, I think I'm done being a math/stats nerd for the moment. :)

We can actually estimate Model Y production (very roughly) using the Teslike spreadsheet. While it doesn't have a lot of data points, it can give us a sense of how many VINs they run through per month by looking at the "VIN range by VIN month" tab. Presuming, of course, that they assign VINs sequentially, then if we exclude outliers and focus on the clusters on the spreadsheet, here's what we get:

MonthLowest VIN rangeHighest VIN range
Jan 2022352,000372,000
Feb 2022372,000393,000
Mar 2022391,000412,000
Apr 2022413,000433,000
May 2022432,000455,000

So it kinda looks like they're producing ~20K/month in Fremont, which is remarkably close to @bluewhite79's estimate of 700/day.

That same tab also corroborates my earlier speculation that the spreadsheet is tracking only a very small percentage of deliveries -- on the right side there's a count by VIN range, which (so far) doesn't show any range of 1,000 having more than 9 data points (0.9%). Many are fewer than 5/1000 (0.5%), and some ranges don't even appear (e.g. 441,000 and 443,000).

OK, I think I'm done being a math/stats nerd for the moment. :)
This is really helpful! I didn't quite understand the reason for those data points and I didn't really look into it. This helps clarify a lot, thank you! Wow, 20k Model Ys a month is a crazy amount. I feel like I should be seeing even more of them on the road at this rate.

Reactions: paulkva
Pushed from June-July to July-August. As far as I can remember and check my screenshots, this is my 19th change since ordering on Oct 10. Well..... I asked someone other day to be a guinea pig and add FSD. Guess what..... I have just done that. Will see if that changes anything or if I can remove it after receiving VIN.

Reactions: Stardew
Pushed from June-July to July-August. As far as I can remember and check my screenshots, this is my 19th change since ordering on Oct 10. Well..... I asked someone other day to be a guinea pig and add FSD. Guess what..... I have just done that. Will see if that changes anything or if I can remove it after receiving VIN.
Currently, can you remove the FSD order yourself or do you need to contact someone at Tesla? I’m not asking about after you get your vin. Just wondering if you changed your mind today, what are the hoops you need to jump thru?

Reactions: Stardew
If you decide to remove FSD, don’t do it right after getting a VIN. Wait until the car arrived at your DC, pickup scheduled and all paperwork is completed… then call the main Tesla customer service number and ask them to remove it. I just think it’ll be easier for them to still sell the car to you at that point. Good luck. Keep us posted.

Oh and don’t pay anything until pickup, in case they decide to keep your money and make you wait for another VIN.

Reactions: Tezla.
If you decide to remove FSD, don’t do it right after getting a VIN. Wait until the car arrived at your DC, pickup scheduled and all paperwork is completed… then call the main Tesla customer service number and ask them to remove it. I just think it’ll be easier for them to still sell the car to you at that point. Good luck. Keep us posted.

I'm under the impression that Tesla has a lot more of your money at that point than the ~ $250 order fee, in which case Tesla will happily let you decline delivery and instead pocket your payments.

Reactions: Tezla.