Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently, can you remove the FSD order yourself or do you need to contact someone at Tesla? I’m not asking about after you get your vin. Just wondering if you changed your mind today, what are the hoops you need to jump thru?
I do have a button that says "Remove Full-Self Driving." It also says that removing it will delay delivery, which is laughable since it is already close to 8-months.

I'm about 99.99% sure that the price does not include taxes owed. Perhaps Tesla is saying that the price includes taxes that Tesla will collect.

Screen Shot 2022-05-29 at 9.57.33 AM.png

Logistics question for those who took a flight to a service center for car delivery:

When scheduling is upon me, I'll probably fly from Abq to Denver for pick-up. I gather that Tesla presses customers to pick up the car within 7 days of being notified to schedule an appointment, but that puts me a window of higher priced flights. Any clever solutions to this riddle ?

I'm under the impression that Tesla has a lot more of your money at that point than the ~ $250 order fee, in which case Tesla will happily let you decline delivery and instead pocket your payments.
They shouldn’t have any of your money (other than the $250 order fee) until you show up to pick up the car unless you chose to pay online or send check in advance. You can let them know you’ll be bringing a check(certified check or check from your financing institution). That way they won’t have your money in case they take the VIN away or you don’t take delivery for whatever reason.

Pushed from June-July to July-August. As far as I can remember and check my screenshots, this is my 19th change since ordering on Oct 10. Well..... I asked someone other day to be a guinea pig and add FSD. Guess what..... I have just done that. Will see if that changes anything or if I can remove it after receiving VIN.
It didn’t help for me. I removed it after 2 months of no change

Pushed from June-July to July-August. As far as I can remember and check my screenshots, this is my 19th change since ordering on Oct 10. Well..... I asked someone other day to be a guinea pig and add FSD. Guess what..... I have just done that. Will see if that changes anything or if I can remove it after receiving VIN.
Seemed to have worked for this guy in Canada just recently: Canada Waiting Room

Reactions: Tezla.
My EDD said "June" from November 1 to a couple of days ago. I added FSD a few months ago and it didn't change, but I now have a four day window (June 13-17) and a VIN in source code, while two other folks in my area with similar order dates still have June. Is it my particular configuration? Or is it the FSD? No way to really know.

My EDD said "June" from November 1 to a couple of days ago. I added FSD a few months ago and it didn't change, but I now have a four day window (June 13-17) and a VIN in source code, while two other folks in my area with similar order dates still have June. Is it my particular configuration? Or is it the FSD? No way to really know.
Agree, it is difficult to say, but FSD increases the chances of VIN more likely than not. Congrats on the VIN.

16 days after VIN, no confirmed delivery date yet. They kept pushing back each day or two last week, then as we approached the weekend, it stopped moving and entered the window with no change. Today marks the end of the window and the date is gone in the app. On the site, it just says "TBD". I texted them back on Wednesday and they said it's in transit, but no details about where it was or when it may arrive. Hoping when things open back up tomorrow that I get some solid info and a text to schedule. At least I still have my VIN.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tezla.