Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a text that today my car departed from the factory and is in transit.

Has anyone else got this text earlier and after how many days you were asked to schedule the delivery? my DC is Kennesaw, GA.
I’m in the Washington DC area, it took exactly 2 weeks from VIN to delivery. Not sure when my car actually left the factory but the process seems like the car ships in a day or two via trucks then trains to a hub (New Jersey in my case) then on trucks again to the delivery center. Your DC will contact you to schedule a pick up date when they have an estimated arrival date.

Insurance/Delivery Question: Tesla SA told us (via email) yesterday to put the start date on our insurance to the day before scheduled delivery, but we only have the estimated delivery date (June 1-5) so far. I'm guessing we just put the date as 05/31, send it to our Tesla account and hope they schedule us for 6/1 (the start of the window)? Sounds like a chicken or egg thing. I told my wife we should put today's date, and maybe we'll have the car tomorrow? LOL. (ok, who am I kidding after the 220+ day wait for a VIN)
Hey. Just getting caught up with everyone’s posts. Did you get your insurance sorted out? Also, do you have a scheduled delivery time and date with the Norwell SC yet?

Has anyone else got this text earlier and after how many days you were asked to schedule the delivery? my DC is Kennesaw, GA.

I’m in the Washington DC area, it took exactly 2 weeks from VIN to delivery. Not sure when my car actually left the factory but the process seems like the car ships in a day or two via trucks then trains to a hub (New Jersey in my case) then on trucks again to the delivery center. Your DC will contact you to schedule a pick up date when they have an estimated arrival date.
I'm also in the Washington DC area (northern VA), and I expect that GA would be on a similar time frame as DC/VA, +/- a day or two. So your 6/11-6/15 EDD is probably close to accurate -- maybe even a bit sooner since they've already confirmed your car is in transit. Our time line was as follows:
  • 5/18 we received a VIN in the evening with EDD June 2-6
  • 5/20 (approx) we asked a question about payment; response included a note that our car was in transit, expected arrival at Tyco Rd June 1
  • 5/24 our EDD changed to May 26-June 1
  • 5/25 we got a request to schedule home delivery, dates offered were June 2-4, we chose June 2
  • ...6/2 is coming up fast!!!

I'm also in the Washington DC area (northern VA), and I expect that GA would be on a similar time frame as DC/VA, +/- a day or two. So your 6/11-6/15 EDD is probably close to accurate -- maybe even a bit sooner since they've already confirmed your car is in transit. Our time line was as follows:
  • 5/18 we received a VIN in the evening with EDD June 2-6
  • 5/20 (approx) we asked a question about payment; response included a note that our car was in transit, expected arrival at Tyco Rd June 1
  • 5/24 our EDD changed to May 26-June 1
  • 5/25 we got a request to schedule home delivery, dates offered were June 2-4, we chose June 2
  • ...6/2 is coming up fast!!!

Thanks Paulkva.. :)

Reactions: paulkva
If you have a white MY, make sure to check the rear bumper color. I noticed color mismatch on mine. There’s a tmc forum on this but it was 2 years back. Makes me think that folks are not having this issue anymore. I’ve a appt scheduled for next week, let’s see what they have to say.

Attachments

• FBDB9A64-B1EA-4B64-B078-2F2A98FBA3DB.jpeg
    FBDB9A64-B1EA-4B64-B078-2F2A98FBA3DB.jpeg
    585.2 KB · Views: 96
If you have a white MY, make sure to check the rear bumper color. I noticed color mismatch on mine. There’s a tmc forum on this but it was 2 years back. Makes me think that folks are not having this issue anymore. I’ve a appt scheduled for next week, let’s see what they have to say.
Yep, took delivery 2 weeks ago and noticed it while detailing my car last week. I thought Tesla resolved this issue on white cars so I didn’t pay attention to it on delivery inspection. I know from a YouTuber who had this issue, Tesla wasn’t able to get it completely resolved because the bumper and the rest of the body being made of different materials and all that….. Im also goin to show them but personally don’t have the confidence that they’ll get it right or not mess something up in the process.

Keep me posted on what you decide to do and if they do fix it to your satisfaction.

All, I've enjoying the car so far and the Service team resolved the Panel gap issues as well.
I did missed these 2 and want to check if anyone is facing the same and if so can u please provide the solution
  1. Any one noticed sound when the car is in Reverse Gear?
  2. No USB for Music, Any alternatives apart from Bluetooth?

All, I've enjoying the car so far and the Service team resolved the Panel gap issues as well.
I did missed these 2 and want to check if anyone is facing the same and if so can u please provide the solution
If you are talking about the alien like sound the car makes when you go in reverse, it is not an issue, it’s actually there by design. Not sure if you can turn it off in the settings.

I also believe there’s a work around for music through the usb. Look it up on YouTube.

Edit: #1 is called pedestrian warning system and you can “pause” it for the current drive and it will turn it self back on when the car starts next time. It’s a safety feature so not advisable to turn it off unless you really need to.

Reactions: svsk135
For item #2, you can partition the USB drive into multiple partitions so it can do both Sentry/Dashcam as well as music. You can also do a Boombox partition if you want to have your own boombox sounds although this is not as useful now that you can only do Boombox while parked.

Anyway... this video shows you how. There are many other videos out there...
For example...

2. I was wondering that myself. As I've yet to receive the car. Read a bit online and I bought a SanDisk high endurance SD card with a USB adapter so I can plug it into the glove box USB slot. I made 3 partitions. 1 for dashcam, 1 for sentry mode and 1 for music/horns/everything else. From what I read, the car should recognize each partition as a "separate" USB device being plugged in. I'm supposedly getting my car June 2nd so I'll let you know if that works

Reactions: Tezla. and svsk135
2. I was wondering that myself. As I've yet to receive the car. Read a bit online and I bought a SanDisk high endurance SD card with a USB adapter so I can plug it into the glove box USB slot. I made 3 partitions. 1 for dashcam, 1 for sentry mode and 1 for music/horns/everything else. From what I read, the car should recognize each partition as a "separate" USB device being plugged in. I'm supposedly getting my car June 2nd so I'll let you know if that works
This is exactly what I did and it works as you describe. The car recognizes all 3 partitions from a single device.

Hey. Just getting caught up with everyone’s posts. Did you get your insurance sorted out? Also, do you have a scheduled delivery time and date with the Norwell SC yet?
I am in the final day's of delivery, below is my latest timeline for update New York.

5/9 EDD 5/31-6/15
5/20 Text asking about car trade in information
5/22 Trade in accepted
5/26 VIN received (via app)
5/27 Send insurance documentation
5/29 Text sent Car left factory, watch for message on delivery dates
5/30 EDD changed to 6/6-6/12

Hey Pilgrim_EV - thanks for checking in.

Yes, I got my insurance squared away, although I couldn't post it "early" like some others mentioned since my ins company wanted a delivery date (or so they told me) before binding the new policy number (and Tesla needed a number listed on the app). Luckily, It didn't impact getting the text from Tesla to schedule a date though, and my D-Day is this Sunday, June 5!! Ironically, they gave me June 3, and 4 as date options as well, but available time slots got booked up fast in Norwell. I must be part of a recent wave of vehicles that hit Norwell/MA since all the slots were filling up as I selected them. It felt like I was buying concert tickets - trying to secure a time slot like they might run out of them and tell me to try again next year! lol

So, I'm excited but still a little stressed. After I pick up on the 5th, I'm unfortunately traveling out of state for a few days (without the Tesla :( ), so I'm leaving my baby with a local detailing shop; having PPF added. Crossing my fingers the delivery inspection doesn't yield any issues or issues that would prevent the PPF install. If all goes well, I'll be cruising Cape Cod starting next week.

Best of luck to everyone! What a long, strange trip it's been! (or still IS for some of us)

How many people are still months out from their EDD? Spoke with Tesla rep at my SC yesterday and he tells me they are currently expecting to have my car leave the factory at the end of August (MYLR, MSM, No hitch, 5 Row, 19s). Brutal wait. Oh and I'm in the Toronto area.

Reactions: MizzleD

My car was born on May 4th, I got VIN assigned on May 5, was able to pickup May 20, was supposed to arrive May 16 but delayed and arrived on May 18 or 19. So assume that its about 2 weeks from Fremont to East Coast.

Reactions: Deliboy
How many people are still months out from their EDD? Spoke with Tesla rep at my SC yesterday and he tells me they are currently expecting to have my car leave the factory at the end of August (MYLR, MSM, No hitch, 5 Row, 19s). Brutal wait. Oh and I'm in the Toronto area.
i am in the 7 seater club, so I am currently 2.5 weeks away from the latest EDD. I called my sale rep 2 weeks ago and he thinks I will get a VIN in the first half of June. I wonder if he has additional info that he can see or if he is guessing.

If you are talking about the alien like sound the car makes when you go in reverse, it is not an issue, it’s actually there by design. Not sure if you can turn it off in the settings.

I also believe there’s a work around for music through the usb. Look it up on YouTube.

Edit: #1 is called pedestrian warning system and you can “pause” it for the current drive and it will turn it self back on when the car starts next time. It’s a safety feature so not advisable to turn it off unless you really need to.
Thanks for the Update. I'm not going to turn it off then, thinking now if we can change the sound to any tune :cool:

Reactions: AbeTes
Speaking of features and work around, has anyone been able to play any custom light shows? I know this was a thing a few months ago but I am not able to play any custom light shows in my car. It’s possible Tesla shut it down but just checking if other’s are able to do it…. It’s my daughter’s favorite thing about the car so would be nice to play her fav songs in a light show.