Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, took delivery 2 weeks ago and noticed it while detailing my car last week. I thought Tesla resolved this issue on white cars so I didn’t pay attention to it on delivery inspection. I know from a YouTuber who had this issue, Tesla wasn’t able to get it completely resolved because the bumper and the rest of the body being made of different materials and all that….. Im also goin to show them but personally don’t have the confidence that they’ll get it right or not mess something up in the process.

Keep me posted on what you decide to do and if they do fix it to your satisfaction.
Will do. Read somewhere that they have few bumpers in standby in case there’s color mismatch.

Day 17 after VIN... Finally called them today and was still told "in transit". Our dedicated SA won't answer the phone, and when asked earlier this morning (before we called our DC), was just told the generic thing about truck driver shortages. I would think if it's in transit, that wouldn't be the situation at this point, unless it's due to changing hands somewhere while in transit. Regardless, we pushed back on the SA again and waiting for more real info, instead of a generic response. (I know, good luck with that). After being on the phone with them, our "TBD" delivery date has finally gone back to a date range, although that's kind of meaningless at this point. 5/31 (today) through 6/6. So for those of you who are less fortunate and don't have a VIN yet, just be prepared - there's more "fun" to come even after you get your VIN.

Update: Got a little bit more in the way of details. Confirmed that the car is on the way and left Fremont. It's been in an "in transit" status for at least a week now. It will change hands a few times along the way. They're currently thinking it will arrive the 1st or 2nd week in June.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeteOC
Day 17 after VIN... Finally called them today and was still told "in transit". Our dedicated SA won't answer the phone, and when asked earlier this morning (before we called our DC), was just told the generic thing about truck driver shortages. I would think if it's in transit, that wouldn't be the situation at this point, unless it's due to changing hands somewhere while in transit. Regardless, we pushed back on the SA again and waiting for more real info, instead of a generic response. (I know, good luck with that). After being on the phone with them, our "TBD" delivery date has finally gone back to a date range, although that's kind of meaningless at this point. 5/31 (today) through 6/6. So for those of you who are less fortunate and don't have a VIN yet, just be prepared - there's more "fun" to come even after you get your VIN.

Update: Got a little bit more in the way of details. Confirmed that the car is on the way and left Fremont. It's been in an "in transit" status for at least a week now. It will change hands a few times along the way. They're currently thinking it will arrive the 1st or 2nd week in June.
Good luck to you. At this point Tesla doesn't even know where my car is and delivery is scheduled for this Friday, LoL.

Reactions: taking12many

I got the "truck driver shortage" message today after they delayed my pick-up date. Did you just keep pushing until you got more info from the SA? I was told there's a truck driver shortage and that they would have to use other means of transportation that are slower and less reliable. When I asked about the other types of transportation, they said they only use trucks and rail road cars. I then asked how mine would be delivered. That's when the SA stopped responding.

Just got this text, “Your car is currently in transit from northern CA to southern CA, but we are unable to get GPS locations while they are on the train. (VIN #) was built with Tesla-specific Pirelli P Zero Elect summer tires.”

Guess it’s on a train to SoCal. Was hoping for the Michelin all-season tires…

Reactions: PeteOC
I got the "truck driver shortage" message today after they delayed my pick-up date. Did you just keep pushing until you got more info from the SA? I was told there's a truck driver shortage and that they would have to use other means of transportation that are slower and less reliable. When I asked about the other types of transportation, they said they only use trucks and rail road cars. I then asked how mine would be delivered. That's when the SA stopped responding.
Yep, we just had to get pushy.

Reactions: t1m1t
2. I was wondering that myself. As I've yet to receive the car. Read a bit online and I bought a SanDisk high endurance SD card with a USB adapter so I can plug it into the glove box USB slot. I made 3 partitions. 1 for dashcam, 1 for sentry mode and 1 for music/horns/everything else. From what I read, the car should recognize each partition as a "separate" USB device being plugged in. I'm supposedly getting my car June 2nd so I'll let you know if that works
I thought sentry mode and dashcam used the same folder? How did you tell your car it was two partitions?

Can someone who has a car check if they can hear any audio if playing back music or videos within the browser app when parked? I tried both SoundCloud and Reddit, and I don't hear any audio in either which is really weird. For what it's worth, I'm on software version 2022.12.3.3.

I am trying to get Android Auto working via TeslAA and while it is working pretty well, the lack of audio with my browser makes all of it a bit moot at the moment.

I am beginning to sour a bit on the entire Tesla UX. It is "fine", but very very restricted in comparison to what I could do with a shitty Toyota rental (equipped with Android Auto) I had on a recent business trip.

We can actually estimate Model Y production (very roughly) using the Teslike spreadsheet. While it doesn't have a lot of data points, it can give us a sense of how many VINs they run through per month by looking at the "VIN range by VIN month" tab. Presuming, of course, that they assign VINs sequentially, then if we exclude outliers and focus on the clusters on the spreadsheet, here's what we get:

MonthLowest VIN rangeHighest VIN range
Jan 2022352,000372,000
Feb 2022372,000393,000
Mar 2022391,000412,000
Apr 2022413,000433,000
May 2022432,000455,000

So it kinda looks like they're producing ~20K/month in Fremont, which is remarkably close to @bluewhite79's estimate of 700/day.

That same tab also corroborates my earlier speculation that the spreadsheet is tracking only a very small percentage of deliveries -- on the right side there's a count by VIN range, which (so far) doesn't show any range of 1,000 having more than 9 data points (0.9%). Many are fewer than 5/1000 (0.5%), and some ranges don't even appear (e.g. 441,000 and 443,000).

OK, I think I'm done being a math/stats nerd for the moment. :)
Yes, this make sense, according to what I found: Tesla's Fremont factory has the potential to produce up to 500,000 Model 3/Model Y a year, if the production of 3 and Y are even, so probably 250,000 Y/year, around ~20k/month.

What's your profile compete date?
I built my profile months before I ordered the car and finished it the same day I ordered; up to payment bc I’m financing.

I think in the past I should’ve put “cash” in but it’s too late now. In think the profile complete theory overall is overhyped at this point. I don’t see many white interior with inductions and tow going out right now.

Crazy how it can pull in 3 months and then go back out in less than a week.

Also, when I got to a couple weeks before EDD time back in February I had financing all set and cleared and it still pushed to September/October.