Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my Vin! Just a few minutes ago. Yippee!

OD 10/26/22 Plain Jane white/black MYLR
EDD June 5 - June 11, NE Illinois

I'd like to pay by ACH but the app doesnt give me that option. Else, it'll be by cashiers check at pick up.
The MVPA document mentions the following.
The easiest way to pay for your Model Y is by electronic check, also known as ACH. Prior to delivery, you will be invited by email to make your payment on our website.
It may be easier to hand cary a cashiers check once the ACH is transferred it would be difficult to cancel if for some reason the car isn’t ready.

I built my profile months before I ordered the car and finished it the same day I ordered; up to payment bc I’m financing.

I think in the past I should’ve put “cash” in but it’s too late now. In think the profile complete theory overall is overhyped at this point. I don’t see many white interior with inductions and tow going out right now.

Crazy how it can pull in 3 months and then go back out in less than a week.

Also, when I got to a couple weeks before EDD time back in February I had financing all set and cleared and it still pushed to September/October.
For my case, my SA told me the main reason of my late EDD is that my profile completed date.

YES, it is really stupid that there is no any instruction for the people who want to do finance that need to file it on all cash first to complete all the pre-delivery tasks.

For my case, my SA told me the main reason of my late EDD is that my profile completed date.

YES, it is really stupid that there is no any instruction for the people who want to do finance that need to file it on all cash first to complete all the pre-delivery tasks.
It’s funny to me that all the SAs and Tesla front line employees have different stories. The last time I called into the 800 number… maybe a couple months ago, the guy was dead set that setting it to “cash” or leaving it open makes no difference. I called in to unlock the completion bc my finance from the first EDD fail expired. He told me that if my date moved it would be a coincidence. The funny thing is I had it open and it changed from late August/Oct to June 3-June14 last week. But of course, it went back out.

I really wish we could know how you get these crazy nonsensical swings like this. But maybe someone with cash got the car instead of me. Never know.

I’m so annoyed, not to the point of losing sleep or being angry, but ultimately, what can you do?

Reactions: merch
Yep, took delivery 2 weeks ago and noticed it while detailing my car last week. I thought Tesla resolved this issue on white cars so I didn’t pay attention to it on delivery inspection. I know from a YouTuber who had this issue, Tesla wasn’t able to get it completely resolved because the bumper and the rest of the body being made of different materials and all that….. Im also goin to show them but personally don’t have the confidence that they’ll get it right or not mess something up in the process.

Keep me posted on what you decide to do and if they do fix it to your satisfaction.
Same, 2 weeks delivery ago. How many miles you got on it? Almost 900 now & felt a bit guilty, put so many miles on it already.

Picked our Y up this morning. I am thoroughly impressed by the delivery staff at St. Elmo Rd. Had two people helping us, one for the fit and finish and another helping us to understand settings/apps. If any of y'all in Austin are not picking up there please do!

Car was damn near perfect, no gaps, no dings, no scratches, incredibly clean and not a spot of dirt or smudge anywhere. It was freshly waxed and charged to 90%!

Our only issue is that the lower left corner of the glovebox was slightly bent/misshapen. Already got another one on the way!

We are in love and already have our profiles, Hulu, Netflix, Tidal and of course fart sounds set up! 🤣View attachment 811541
Nice, that's the slippery / watery look paint look I want on my Y. F419 build here, not sure if I'm picky because it's mines, so I'm extra picky, but feel like it doesn't have enough of that watery texture.

other than they are 3 row SUVs?
My wife drives a 2021 Highlander Platinum.

If you believe the MYLR 7 seater is functionally equivalent (as a third row / 7 seater) to the already cramped Highlander, you've either not done the research, not climbed into both vehicles, or have some fairly unique requirements of a third row that are an aberation from the norm.

The Highlander third row is quite cramped, even my 5'6" wife doesn't fit back there for any length of time. Now shrink that substantially and you've got the MYLR 7 seater. Yes, I've seen and attempted to climb into an MYLR 7 seater (I'm 6'2"), as has my 5'6" wife. It's completely unusable except maybe for small children IMO.

The fit and finish of the Highlander are indeed better, and there are some features that I really like such as 360 camera, AC seats, and the HUD. But we take the MYP every single time over the Highlander when heading out and about.

They are nothing alike. Anyone cross-shopping both expecting an MYLR7 seater to be functionally equivalent to a Highlander is going to be pretty unhappy in short order IMO.

Reactions: MizzleD
Same, 2 weeks delivery ago. How many miles you got on it? Almost 900 now & felt a bit guilty, put so many miles on it already.
I only have like 80 miles on it. Only drove it once since taking delivery. Been waiting until I get the time to install ppf and ceramic coat it which I just completed (almost) yesterday. So she’s ready for the world now. Don’t feel bad about the miles, that’s what the car is made for after all. Enjoy!

Reactions: cc333
It’s funny to me that all the SAs and Tesla front line employees have different stories. The last time I called into the 800 number… maybe a couple months ago, the guy was dead set that setting it to “cash” or leaving it open makes no difference. I called in to unlock the completion bc my finance from the first EDD fail expired. He told me that if my date moved it would be a coincidence. The funny thing is I had it open and it changed from late August/Oct to June 3-June14 last week. But of course, it went back out.

I really wish we could know how you get these crazy nonsensical swings like this. But maybe someone with cash got the car instead of me. Never know.

I’m so annoyed, not to the point of losing sleep or being angry, but ultimately, what can you do?
From what I heard, and was posted here, a few said this applies for orders After Nov 1 that the profile complete makes no difference. Not sure if its true or not. My PC date was Nov 1 and got my car about 2 weeks ago.

Reactions: MizzleD
other than they are 3 row SUVs?
The Model Y is not a 3-row SUV, it’s a 5 seater with 2 (adult impractical) seats added to the back; you can’t really compare a hatch/grancoupe style SUV with a traditional lift gate SUV. That’s why the BMW X3 and X4 are not the same car.

Also, one is an ICE car (let’s not consider the 20 mile electric range as an EV) and one is fully electric. I get where you’re coming from, but they just are not comparable cars. That Highlander is nice, but you aren’t buying a 7 seater Y to replace a Tahoe.

From what I heard, and was posted here, a few said this applies for orders After Nov 1 that the profile complete makes no difference. Not sure if its true or not. My PC date was Nov 1 and got my car about 2 weeks ago.
That’s awesome. Congrats! I still think there is a supply issue with white interior, 20s and/or tow hitches; or they are simply just producing the back order of Gemini trims.

You may be right though.

Last edited:
That’s awesome. Congrats! I still think there is a supply issue with 20s and or tow hitches; or they are simply just producing the back order of Gemini trims.

You may be right though.
Still, your Sept -Oct EDD range is crazy. You ordered about a month after me. Know you have a Jan PC date but still, you did have a narrow window in June before you pushed out. Tow has always seemed to cause delays

The Model Y is not a 3-row SUV, it’s a 5 seater with 2 (adult impractical) seats added to the back; you can’t really compare a hatch/grancoupe style SUV with a traditional lift gate SUV. That’s why the BMW X3 and X4 are not the same car.

Also, one is an ICE car (let’s not consider the 20 mile electric range as an EV) and one is fully electric. I get where you’re coming from, but they just are not comparable cars. That Highlander is nice, but you aren’t buying a 7 seater Y to replace a Tahoe.
My wife is an adult and fits. It’s 3 rows. I think I can count. And I’m pretty sure Tesla sells it as a THIRD ROW. LOL

Arrived at home right in the middle of our 4-hour window! 😀
10C2B56C-343F-4C33-8492-56AEEF87F039.jpeg

There are a handful of paint imperfections and we still have more inspection/testing to do, but otherwise thrilled!

And the weather happened to cooperate very nicely for the photo shoot.

My wife is an adult and fits. It’s 3 rows. I think I can count. And I’m pretty sure Tesla sells it as a THIRD ROW. LOL
To each their own I guess!

My wife is also an adult, not overly tall and in shape. She noped out of the third row of the Tesla about 30 seconds after climbing back there,me putting up the middle row seatback, and adjusting for leg room in the second row. The Highlander is also unpleasant for anything other than shorter drives fwiw.

Data below (from Tesla manual + Toyota website)

HighlanderTesla 7Tesla 5
FirstSecondThirdFirstSecondThirdFirstSecondThird
Head Room41.2 in39.4 in36.1 in
41​
38.7​
34.6​
41​
39.4​
Shoulder Room59.0 in58.4 in55.5 in
56.4​
54​
41​