Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
223 days later it is in my garage, delivery was fast and easy, some very minor gaps but livable Going tomorrow for ppf then a trip to Colorado
image.jpg

My wife drives a 2021 Highlander Platinum.

If you believe the MYLR 7 seater is functionally equivalent (as a third row / 7 seater) to the already cramped Highlander, you've either not done the research, not climbed into both vehicles, or have some fairly unique requirements of a third row that are an aberation from the norm.

The Highlander third row is quite cramped, even my 5'6" wife doesn't fit back there for any length of time. Now shrink that substantially and you've got the MYLR 7 seater. Yes, I've seen and attempted to climb into an MYLR 7 seater (I'm 6'2"), as has my 5'6" wife. It's completely unusable except maybe for small children IMO.

The fit and finish of the Highlander are indeed better, and there are some features that I really like such as 360 camera, AC seats, and the HUD. But we take the MYP every single time over the Highlander when heading out and about.

They are nothing alike. Anyone cross-shopping both expecting an MYLR7 seater to be functionally equivalent to a Highlander is going to be pretty unhappy in short order IMO.
I have a Suburban and even though I have plenty of headroom I have to stick my feet under the seat ahead and my knees are up against 2nd row. In the MYLR my legs fit better and I still have some head room (I am 5’6” and not slim). The fact that the 2nd row adjusts is the big thing and I can sit in both rows with it adjusted forward.
Would I want to be back there for a long time?Probably not. But for a couple hours would be fine (which would happen every so often because of stopping for a charge).

I have a Suburban and even though I have plenty of headroom I have to stick my feet under the seat ahead and my knees are up against 2nd row. In the MYLR my legs fit better and I still have some head room (I am 5’6” and not slim). The fact that the 2nd row adjusts is the big thing and I can sit in both rows with it adjusted forward.
Would I want to be back there for a long time?Probably not. But for a couple hours would be fine (which would happen every so often because of stopping for a charge).
Third rows in just about any vehicle are designed for shorter trips and that’s what most people do with them.

We do cross town trips with kids friends or with grandparents to dinner or something. These are generally 20 min or less. The MYLR7 is meant for that

Reactions: Tezla.
Third rows in just about any vehicle are designed for shorter trips and that’s what most people do with them.

We do cross town trips with kids friends or with grandparents to dinner or something. These are generally 20 min or less. The MYLR7 is meant for that
I guess it depends on what the person can put up with. My oldest kid (11 years old) sits in the third row right now of our Suburban. She is just over 5’6” and has longer legs then me. I know she is cramped in the 3rd row but her desire to be alone in a row is greater then her desire to have more leg room. Lol
We also don’t stop much on road trips right now so she is in there 4-5 hours on some trips. So she is going to enjoy the fact we will have to stop to supercharge.

I am on day 218. with a 7 seat and my current edd is August 21-Oct 2. Starting to wonder if I will actually get this car or if I should just say forget it and get a car I can actually get my hands on right now.
My wife is on the fence with accepting so we are in no rush. It’s only a 5 seater but if the times comes and you’re interested dm me. I’ll def keep posting until we get a date or vin…by then we will have a decision.

Last edited:
Yesterday my EDD changed from 6/7 - 7/5 to 6/19 - 7/3. This is my 2nd 2 weeks window so not so much excited but then saw prepare for delivery message in the account which got me excited but naah.. it's for standard range asking for more money and no color/seat match. I will be declining it but don't see any option to do it in the account. Will reach out to 1800 and do it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220603-194856_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220603-194856_Chrome.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 74
I built my profile months before I ordered the car and finished it the same day I ordered; up to payment bc I’m financing.

I think in the past I should’ve put “cash” in but it’s too late now. In think the profile complete theory overall is overhyped at this point. I don’t see many white interior with inductions and tow going out right now.

Crazy how it can pull in 3 months and then go back out in less than a week.

Also, when I got to a couple weeks before EDD time back in February I had financing all set and cleared and it still pushed to September/October.
The profile complete theory is not overhyped. You should set your expectations based on your profile complete date and you will be happier - seriously. I’m in a long wait myself and I know how hard it can be.