Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took it home today. It has a pretty severe rattle coming from inside the rear hatch. I’ve already scheduled a service appointment. Otherwise, we love it.
1654469015566.jpeg

Last edited:
Our land shark, "Sharky" has finally come home. Picked up today in Telsa Norwell (MA). No major issues with gaps/alignment.
Kudos to Tesla Norwell (MA) for making things very easy. They even kept the car inside the service center until we arrived due to all the pollen flying around.
I can't say the last 7+ months were smooth with all the waiting and uncertainty, but OMG, we love this car! So much fun!
BTW, I forgot how loud the reverse "hover" sound is when your outside the car? Pedestrian alert, i get it, but does it need to be THAT loud? My MDX is silent compared to this. Ok, that's my only NIT for today. Back to the garage to admire this thing of beauty ;)
IMG_8210.jpeg

Thank you so much. I still don't have a vin yet so plenty of time to go thru videos to learn. Just curious, how much did it cost you to do all that and is it a more than one person job?
I paid about $500 for the frontal ppf kit from Drive protected (I got a 20% off code from a YouTuber, dm me if you want it) and the headlights/fog lights, rocker panels and trunk lip were bought from Abstract ocean and TesBros for about $130 total. You also probably need to buy some car washing/detailing supplies if you don’t have good ones. An extra set of hands would be extremely helpful(almost a must for the bumper) but you can do 90% of the work alone. I used carpro cQuartz for ceramic coating and it was about $90 from Amazon. My wife did help me with laying down the ppf on the bumper and making sure some spots stayed put while I stretched the ppf on the bumper, the rest I did by my self with her checking in for morale support from time to time. As tiresome as the work is, I can’t imagine letting someone else who’s inexperienced as myself do actual work other than help laying down the ppf or wash the car, plus being alone helps you focus and pay attention to detail. If you’re interested in doing it yourself you can pm me and I can give you all the details of what I did but most of the information can be found on YouTube/forums.

Reactions: vish212950 and AM92
My pickup appointment is tomorrow at 3 but got a call from my local Tesla rep today to let me know of minor transit damage. Dent along bottom edge of rear door. He wanted to know if I wanted to wait for it to be fixed or pick it up as scheduled and bring it back for repair later. I was able to look it over after they closed (SA left out for me). Dent is there but minor. Hard to capture in photo. I did find a small ding on rear deck lid, a misaligned driver door and a paint bubble/flaw by rear window. My question is: would you accept it and schedule repairs or wait? 2 complications are 1) tint/PPF shop has 3 week back log and I have it scheduled for Tuesday. 2) I already sent payment via ach.

Attachments

• 83D775A3-6E47-445E-A36E-A978F209E2CB.jpeg
    83D775A3-6E47-445E-A36E-A978F209E2CB.jpeg
    499.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 0E0AFA84-C1D6-4848-96D1-76814B92D467.jpeg
    0E0AFA84-C1D6-4848-96D1-76814B92D467.jpeg
    858.3 KB · Views: 68
My pickup appointment is tomorrow at 3 but got a call from my local Tesla rep today to let me know of minor transit damage. Dent along bottom edge of rear door. He wanted to know if I wanted to wait for it to be fixed or pick it up as scheduled and bring it back for repair later. I was able to look it over after they closed (SA left out for me). Dent is there but minor. Hard to capture in photo. I did find a small ding on rear deck lid, a misaligned driver door and a paint bubble/flaw by rear window. My question is: would you accept it and schedule repairs or wait? 2 complications are 1) tint/PPF shop has 3 week back log and I have it scheduled for Tuesday. 2) I already sent payment via ach.
Based just on your description and knowing that many of these things are common (minus transit damage), I would pick it up and schedule repair ASAP. Not sure when the next VIN will be assigned.

Reactions: Tnmansfield
I would pickup and schedule for repairs..
good luck.. 👍🏼

I paid about $500 for the frontal ppf kit from Drive protected (I got a 20% off code from a YouTuber, dm me if you want it) and the headlights/fog lights, rocker panels and trunk lip were bought from Abstract ocean and TesBros for about $130 total. You also probably need to buy some car washing/detailing supplies if you don’t have good ones. An extra set of hands would be extremely helpful(almost a must for the bumper) but you can do 90% of the work alone. I used carpro cQuartz for ceramic coating and it was about $90 from Amazon. My wife did help me with laying down the ppf on the bumper and making sure some spots stayed put while I stretched the ppf on the bumper, the rest I did by my self with her checking in for morale support from time to time. As tiresome as the work is, I can’t imagine letting someone else who’s inexperienced as myself do actual work other than help laying down the ppf or wash the car, plus being alone helps you focus and pay attention to detail. If you’re interested in doing it yourself you can pm me and I can give you all the details of what I did but most of the information can be found on YouTube/forums.
Thank you for all the details. Will reach out to you.