Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI folks...Model Y delivery went perfectly on Sat. 5/4/2022 . Car was clean and ready to go, no delays and the SAs were super nice (Rockville MD).
Regarding production quality, I only noticed 1 minor exterior gap inconsistency and one on the interior where the passenger side pillar trim meets the roof. Both not enough to make them an issue. The only aspect of the car I noticed that doesn't live up to the quality-for-price notion is the frunk hood. Kind of a flimsy feel when you close it and you must use both hands to properly secure it shut. Everything else seems terrific.
I'm new to Tesla cars so it will be a while for me to get used to the software features and where all the settings are located.
Looking forward to a summer of discovery.
Best of luck to the rest still waiting...it will come and its worth it !

Attachments

• 0DDE63C9-7DF4-47CF-A79F-A33FE6EA0D46.jpeg
    0DDE63C9-7DF4-47CF-A79F-A33FE6EA0D46.jpeg
    407.8 KB · Views: 89
Took delivery of Marge today. Very happy so far. Panel gaps were pretty good. Only very slightly off with flushness between the driver and rear driver door, and a tiny little dot where there's no paint (only primer) on the lip of the back lid. (Nothing worth being concerned about) Otherwise, it's excellent. Rides really smooth in my opinion. So glad the wait is finally over.
20220606_165828.jpg
20220606_165836.jpg
20220606_172526.jpg
20220606_165814.jpg

I finally got my delivery appointment scheduled for June 18. It will be exactly 4 weeks after getting my VIN assigned.

To make it fun, I am traveling overseas next week so I will not be able to pick it up myself. I was able to authorize my son, but I had to remove my wife from the registration, remove the trade in and redo my financing. There seems to be a new interest rate through Tesla @ 3.74% (It was a little bit lower a few weeks ago)

Now I will rely on my son to inspect the vehicle; but it is what it is.

Things happened quickly yesterday. I went from an EDD window of 6/15-6/25 yesterday morning to having a VIN and all my paperwork/financing/insurance done and a delivery scheduled for this Thursday by the end of the day. It's a 446xxx VIN which is what mid-May delivery folks were getting so possibly a reject or other type of decline by another customer. I will be sure to take my delivery checklist and look it over closely but barring something significant I'm sure I'll accept it and be happy. Will post pix on Friday if I can stop driving it long enough to take some :)

Today I entered my two-week EDD for the first time with no VIN, so I'm just waiting for the inevitable update of my EDD to sometime in July probably. I know I'm not the first one to enter into that range without a VIN. I believe some here entered an EDD range a few times before they finally got a VIN.