Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the email from service yesterday that the model Y is ready to pick up this Saturday June 11th. Crazy how fast it happens. From pushed back EDD to an email from service rep

Order October 19,2021. White, longe range, 5 seater, black interior, upgraded wheels

Curious- did you have any previous contact with anyone before this? I have not had a single text, email, call, or tickling on my nose that someone has even thought of me from anyone local. Is that normal and contact will happen when I get a VIN?

I don't even know what my pickup location is. There is now a slightly closer service center to me but I don't know if they do deliveries.

Reactions: Lightbulb
How many of you guys and gals are going to spend to get PPF for your car? I feel like PPF is this weird cult thing with Tesla owners. Kinda tired of hearing about it on YouTube etc. is it really worth another $6 or 7k to protect paint? I get it, there’s no grill so the front is exposed more than an ICE car… but really?

I’m not getting it but I’m just curious for who is.

• Love
Reactions: Stardew
Curious- did you have any previous contact with anyone before this? I have not had a single text, email, call, or tickling on my nose that someone has even thought of me from anyone local. Is that normal and contact will happen when I get a VIN?

I don't even know what my pickup location is. There is now a slightly closer service center to me but I don't know if they do deliveries.
Yes, Rogers, MN does deliveries. I live not too far from there and have been there a couple of times.

How many of you guys and gals are going to spend to get PPF for your car? I feel like PPF is this weird cult thing with Tesla owners. Kinda tired of hearing about it on YouTube etc. is it really worth another $6 or 7k to protect paint? I get it, there’s no grill so the front is exposed more than an ICE car… but really?

Not planning to get it. It's just a car for daily commute. After 5 years, will get another one

Reactions: JJ777 and MizzleD

In my opinion, Tesla cult is real and aggressive. I'm not planning to do PPF.

Not a cult buy, but it is subjective for sure. I have one friend in NJ with a 2000 Model 3, and he's never even washed or waxed it - not once - his girlfriend even offered to have it detailed for him and he hasn't done it yet - he has over 60K miles on it and loves it exactly the way it is. It's silver so maybe that hides dings/dirt better than other colors. Another friend did his entire car in PPF, and ONLY hand washes it, even in winter - that car is a model S, so slightly higher price range to protect.

So, don't feel obligated either way. I admit, given the front grill is exposed, and since I tend to keep cars longer than most, I decided to go with full front PPF. My other car has pits all over the hood and it sits higher than the model Y, so that went into my thinking as well. I've never had PPF before, primarily since I've bought mostly used cars in past. With this one being new, not even test drive new, I decided it's worth the investment (to me). It was ~$2K, but also included a wax on the entire car from the detailer. Is it pricey? Absolutely, but it does give some peace of mind when highway driving and rock chips or asphalt finds your grill.

BTW, youtube can drive you nuts. If I bought all the "must have" accessories they list, added full body PPF, and then ceramic coatings, the car price would easily double. Find what makes you happy, and stick with it. No one knows or cares that I have PPF on this car except me (well, and now you all ;) )

Hi, for the friends who are also stuck in September jail, here to share a datapoint, I left September jail this morning, now EDD is Oct.04-Nov.29.
It drives me nuts what Tesla follow and how the EDD works... would be really interesting to know how the algorithm ( I really hope there is some logic to it) works.. waiting for a car for an year.. thats crazy.. I ordered 5 days before you and current EDD shows 6/21 to 7/5..

Well I hope I get it in that timeframe.. time will tell.. 😉

It drives me nuts what Tesla follow and how the EDD works... would be really interesting to know how the algorithm ( I really hope there is some logic to it) works.. waiting for a car for an year.. thats crazy.. I ordered 5 days before you and current EDD shows 6/21 to 7/5..

I think his January profile complete date is treating him as if he ordered in Jan. Which is why he is so far out from you.

I searched the prior year thread, and people were reporting in October of getting VIN’s assigned for the next model year. If our 2021 orders are going to be delayed until this October, at least we should get 2023 MY. ;)
Cars manufactured after Nov 1 were coming out as 2022s. But no functional difference between those and the 2021s. It wasn't until about Mid January did we start to see any functional differences. New GPU, new Lithium Battery, and a few other small items. These are not tied into the Manufacture year but added when they ready to add them. And, at those times, cars with older GPU and battery where still being manufactured, probably while they ran down stock.

I really hate Tesla locking down demo cars. I have to carrier direct the car when it comes…but had to choose mn…since my state doesn’t have a store. If I was lucky enough to get a demo vehicle in mn I still can’t get it shipped to me…I’m saying this because I was told the car has to travel to mn before it can be sent carrier direct to my state

The Algo is a monkey throwing bananas at the wall and seeing what sticks

Reactions: Suyog983