Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait is over..took delivery today at home here in MN! Crazy fast process...the delivery guy's Uber arrived about 5 minutes after him...walked around the car, signed some forms and that was about it.

I found a couple issues that I scheduled service for...driver headlight and taillight noticeably misaligned with trim..especially compared to passenger side which are right on....passenger front door does not shut completely with normal force...have to be a little more firm on closing. Little gap on trunk piece, on one side where it meets the moonroof....I expect some minor adjustments will set it all right and will get homelink setup at same time.

Front mud faps and the rear PPF pieces (cold weather package?) were pre-installed...seems to be a freebie here in MN. Mobile charger kit and 1 YR premium connectivity were also both included (nice to see that!).

So sweet to drive and finally have this baby in my garage....now we need to name her! Hope all you waiting since Oct in this group get yours soon!

Will have to get a better photo off my wife's phone...ordered 10/9, delivered 6/8. MYLR White/Black +Tow....come to think of it, I should check the tow is actually there ;)

Cheers.
1654746717173.png

Wait is over..took delivery today at home here in MN! Crazy fast process...the delivery guy's Uber arrived about 5 minutes after him...walked around the car, signed some forms and that was about it.

I found a couple issues that I scheduled service for...driver headlight and taillight noticeably misaligned with trim..especially compared to passenger side which are right on....passenger front door does not shut completely with normal force...have to be a little more firm on closing. Little gap on trunk piece, on one side where it meets the moonroof....I expect some minor adjustments will set it all right and will get homelink setup at same time.

Front mud faps and the rear PPF pieces (cold weather package?) were pre-installed...seems to be a freebie here in MN. Mobile charger kit and 1 YR premium connectivity were also both included (nice to see that!).

So sweet to drive and finally have this baby in my garage....now we need to name her! Hope all you waiting since Oct in this group get yours soon!

Will have to get a better photo off my wife's phone...ordered 10/9, delivered 6/8. MYLR White/Black +Tow....come to think of it, I should check the tow is actually there ;)

Cheers.
View attachment 814439damn dude. Lucky you. I have the exact same order except I switched to white interior a few months ago. Ordered 10/7 for a St Paul pickup
Damn dude. I ordered the same day and have the exact same order except I switched to white interior a few months ago. Pickup is in Saint Paul location but my EDD is July 15-aug19. Starting to think my switch to white interior burned me. Congrats on the car

Reactions: ehog
How many of you guys and gals are going to spend to get PPF for your car? I feel like PPF is this weird cult thing with Tesla owners. Kinda tired of hearing about it on YouTube etc. is it really worth another $6 or 7k to protect paint? I get it, there’s no grill so the front is exposed more than an ICE car… but really?

I’m not getting it but I’m just curious for who is.
Yeah, the PPF thing is a bit weird but to each their own. I guess I kinda understand it because for many people, a Tesla is a bit of a splurge and something they feel much more passion for than just any ol' car. So there is a desire to take good care of it. But the costs seem absurdly high for what it is and you certainly don't recover that money at any point in time. It's also unlikely that insurance will cover the cost of PPF if you get in an accident.

I guess for people who want the piece of mind of no/minimal paint chips, it maybe makes sense, but for me it's just a daily driver (that I love!). I spent $2K on the acceleration boost instead and that brings a big grin to my face every single time I drive the car 😄

Damn dude. I ordered the same day and have the exact same order except I switched to white interior a few months ago. Pickup is in Saint Paul location but my EDD is July 15-aug19. Starting to think my switch to white interior burned me. Congrats on the car
Thanks. I love that white interior but chicken'd out worrying about keeping it clean...but after reading posts for 10 months I don't think it would have been an issue....hopefully your EDD comes in on the early side..that white on white is going to be sharp.

Reactions: lakefiller
How many of you guys and gals are going to spend to get PPF for your car? I feel like PPF is this weird cult thing with Tesla owners. Kinda tired of hearing about it on YouTube etc. is it really worth another $6 or 7k to protect paint? I get it, there’s no grill so the front is exposed more than an ICE car… but really?

My MY is currently at the shop having PPF installed. I didn’t do the whole car, I did the front bumper and the lower parts of the doors-they take a beating due to design flaws, even with the mudflaps. I also did my M3, just the front bumper on that. It had a few rock chips from going on the highway, so I was mad I didn’t get it installed sooner.

Not into the Tesla cult but the idea of protecting the car from damages was appealing especially with the design of the car and paint quality. However i wasn't in no way going to pay thousands to get ppf installed. So i did it my self. Wasn't easy but i took my time and installed the pre cut ppf on the frontal parts of the car (bumper, hood, fender, headlights, side mirrors) and also rocker panels and trunk lip because that's where it sustains most damage. The bumper was the hardest to do because it had a lot of corners and curves and stretching was required, the other panels were so easy and anyone can do it. All in i spent about $600 on the ppf, some more for car detailing supplies. Also applied ceramic coating because it was cheap and not very hard to diy. Saved 3-4K. Many resources and help out there if you wanna tackle it your self.

Last edited:

I forgot to add to my previous reply…The first time you see a rock chip or two in your front bumper, you will wish you had the PPF on there. It’s such a big area and prone to chips.

I got a text from my SA asking if I would be interested in picking up my car earlier, Wednesday instead of Monday. After a 2-1/2 hour drive, I traded in my car, exchanged plates, signed some papers and drove out with my MYLR. Everything went very smoothly other than fighting the traffic to get to Mt Kisco before they closed. The staff was efficient, friendly and very helpful as I looked over the car and signed the remaining documents. I didn’t see any issues with the car inside or out and had a nice long winding trip up the Taconic parkway getting acquainted with the car. Couldn’t be happier, definitely worth the long wait. After cleaning off the bugs from my trip it looks better than the photo.

Attachments

• 6064387F-C239-44D6-B6A0-E1848AFD62A2.jpeg
    6064387F-C239-44D6-B6A0-E1848AFD62A2.jpeg
    916.7 KB · Views: 77
Curious- did you have any previous contact with anyone before this? I have not had a single text, email, call, or tickling on my nose that someone has even thought of me from anyone local. Is that normal and contact will happen when I get a VIN?

I don't even know what my pickup location is. There is now a slightly closer service center to me but I don't know if they do deliveries.
Yes there was contact between the Service Advisor and me through email. Mainly just small talk. If you haven’t heard from anyone yet and your delivery is this month, send back an email to whatever email you heard from after you purchased your car. I’m sure once your car is in you will get a text from someone. No need to talk to them beforehand really

I got PPF on my model 3 in the front, mirrors, rocker panels and behind rear wheels. After a year of ownership I can 100% say it’s worth it, for my situation

If you just drive around the city most of the time you probably don’t need it. I’m in alberta Canada and we get crazy season changes and that means a lot of rocks on the roads for a lot of the year and I travel on the highway almost daily.

I would not get ppf for the whole car, only the high impact areas.

In the 2 months I had the car without ppf and only a few highway trips, I had over 20 rock chips that needed to be touched up

Tesla has the weakest paint of any vehicle I’ve owned