Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got PPF on my model 3 in the front, mirrors, rocker panels and behind rear wheels. After a year of ownership I can 100% say it’s worth it, for my situation

If you just drive around the city most of the time you probably don’t need it. I’m in alberta Canada and we get crazy season changes and that means a lot of rocks on the roads for a lot of the year and I travel on the highway almost daily.

I would not get ppf for the whole car, only the high impact areas.

In the 2 months I had the car without ppf and only a few highway trips, I had over 20 rock chips that needed to be touched up

Tesla has the weakest paint of any vehicle I’ve owned
Visited Ft. McMurray and the oil sands for a research project many years ago. Can totally understand the need for PPF around your neck of the woods. I knew sh*t was getting real when I had to take Grizzly bear related safety training before I could go ahead with my visit 😄

Got my first software update after ~5 weeks since receiving my y. 2022.16.1.1 Thicker bar that tells you how much the battery is doing one way or the other, and cooler looking vehicles with wheels :) Still none of the old Atari arcade games though. I miss playing lunar lander at the super charger (that was in a buddies ~March 2021 3, not seen the Atari games at all in my May 2022 y, But got a wall charger now so not much need for super charger and games since, but I had finally figured out how to land the thing so would be fun to paly it again)

Reactions: ehog
234 days after ordering I brought home my new MY yesterday. May build with AMD Ryzen. I can't tell if it's got the heated wiper park or not. Definitely looks like single pane glass on the rear doors. A few minor panel issues but none so severe that I plan to have them adjusted. Was lacking two small plastic nuts on the studs that help hold the rear fender liner in place on the driver's side rear. Also didn't have the front license plate holder. Both quickly resolved by the service techs during the pickup process. The only issue I have is they had to submit a service ticket for those two items and the app is now hung up showing the car in "service", I can't get at the normal app home screen to actuate the car functions. I'm hopeful a quick phone call this morning will resolve that. Otherwise very happy with the car and excited to finally have it. Replika wheels get installed today. It's going to be 106 on Saturday, not sure if I'm brave enough to attempt the front bumper PPF this weekend or not...
1st Day Home.jpg

When my husband and I bust our butts working to afford a Tesla, it’s an investment. It’s alot of money spent on something to “not care less” about.
But hey to each their own 🤷🏻‍♀️
To each his or her own, for sure. For me, I’ve been so over the top protective of all of my cars over the last 20ish years and no matter what, they always get damaged somehow. You take a dent on a crease, a shopping cart scrape, that PPF is coming off regardless. I can see the benefits with the rock chips in the front though. I just love that people care about their investment; it’s awesome to see!

Reactions: 3YMimi73 and Suns
EDD changed to Nov 24 - Jan 19! Anyone else ? Is it safe to bet this is a place holder and date will bump back up? OD 10/9. Original EDD April 2022, was in June jail for several months after and this is my first actual date range given.
What is your config? (Not) Funny, I told my significant other (the joke is that the car will never arrive) last night that I had a feeling that I’m going to get bumped to December or January 2023. This makes me worried. Add your config to your signature when you get a chance!

EDD changed to Nov 24 - Jan 19! Anyone else ? Is it safe to bet this is a place holder and date will bump back up? OD 10/9. Original EDD April 2022, was in June jail for several months after and this is my first actual date range given.
My gut feeling is that a) they are finishing up this round of MSM paints and moving back to white or another color (So many MSMs going out for the last few months) or b) cars are about to get delayed if they’ll add this new radar system back into the car. In 2021 they had thousands of MYLRs piled up in the Fremont lot when they deployed the vision system. Maybe it’s happening again.

FYI got my car May 21. Had no issues. Finally after two weeks did get first update. Installed in about 20 mins with no issues. 2022.16.101.1. I know many had said that they had to wait 1 month for first update.
I got my car on May 20 and got the same first software update. In the thread for 2022.16.101.1 In the Firmware forum, seems most of those that got this recently took delivery and is their first update.

Hi Guy's, just started reading this thread, sorry I'm late to the party.

I Ordered a White base model no options. Oct. 28th and noticed the Vin appear in the app around May 25th with a EDD May 31 - June 8th.

Since May 31th EDD has been moving up one day at a time, currently at June 10 - June 14.

Been having fun reading every ones experience.
Seems like proof that options mean nothing as far as production priority.

Reactions: Tezla. and WhiteWi
So one of the first accessories I purchased and installed on my MYLR are convex mirrors like this one:

I believe Hansshow also makes a similar product

I'd highly recommend them. You do lose the auto-dimming feature, but the OEM mirrors are complete garbage imo. They are too tiny, and have such a small FOV that you end up with massive blind-spots. To make things even worse, the passenger mirror doesn't even adjust outwards very far so you can't even compensate with a "proper" blind-spot mirror adjustment because you hit the max limit of travel for the mirror.

I feel a lot safer with these mirrors and in conjunction with the camera view when using the blinkers, it's made things a lot easier on the highway as I have a lot more confidence switching lanes.