Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, well, well..... let me start with good news. VIN received. Yes, it did happen.

Now the details.

These days my routines were to check the app and online source for VIN multiple times a day. Last I checked today was around 3:15 PM EST, and of course, there was nothing.

I was driving at around 4:15 PM EST and received a text message. I peeked on my watch, and wallah, it basically said that VIN is assigned. The other day I was asking all of you what you felt when you received this text, so let me tell you how I felt. I found myself smiling for the rest of the drive, but not really over-the-top excitement. Maybe because I was driving or maybe because I have waited for a long time, or maybe because I know things can still go south.

Also, I quickly realized that I didn't know what to do next. In terms of insurance, etc. I'm trying to figure it out and it seems that I can upload my existing insurance in OH.

I also checked with the local store and they told me that car is still in Fremont and expected to arrive around the 24th and will take 2-3 days to get it ready for delivery. Time will tell.

In another week or so, I'll attempt to remove FSD and will see how it goes.

Overall, exactly 8 months after I placed the order, I received VIN. Knowing many of you are still waiting, I can safely say that FSD (added on May 31st) did the job.

Updating everything here since signature can't handle that many characters

MYLR7, OD 10/10/21, PC complete 10/12/21, MSM/Blk (white til 3/25/22), No Tow, Added FSD (5/29/22): Original EDD April; 3/3-3/31; June; 4/4-5/2; June; 3/10-4/7; June; 5/17-6/14; 4/21-5/19; 6/15-7/13; June; 6/7-7/5; June; 6/7-7/5; 5/10-6/14; 5/15-5/29; 6/14-7/19; 6/16-7/14; 7/9-8/13; 6/22-7/6; 6-21-7/5; VIN 465XXX received 6/10/21 at 4:15 PM EST via text; Delivery expected between June 24-28.

Last edited:
I got a VIN assigned on Wednesday, which is almost exactly 8 months after my order date of Oct 15th 2021.
Original config: 7LR, Blue, white interior, 19.
Modified on May 1st 2022: 7LR red, white, tow, 19 - keeping original pricing.

I live in Houston. Today SA texted me and said the vehicle is en-route to Houston delivery center, should get here by June 19th and delivery expexted on June 20-24.

Today Applied with DCU and they quoted 4% 65 months with credit score 775. Didn't like that and applied with FPCU, got 2.24 for 60 months.

What a journey. Still felt like my Tesla order is not real yet until i could touch it with my own hand 😄

Wait is over..took delivery today at home here in MN! Crazy fast process...the delivery guy's Uber arrived about 5 minutes after him...walked around the car, signed some forms and that was about it.

I found a couple issues that I scheduled service for...driver headlight and taillight noticeably misaligned with trim..especially compared to passenger side which are right on....passenger front door does not shut completely with normal force...have to be a little more firm on closing. Little gap on trunk piece, on one side where it meets the moonroof....I expect some minor adjustments will set it all right and will get homelink setup at same time.

Front mud faps and the rear PPF pieces (cold weather package?) were pre-installed...seems to be a freebie here in MN. Mobile charger kit and 1 YR premium connectivity were also both included (nice to see that!).

So sweet to drive and finally have this baby in my garage....now we need to name her! Hope all you waiting since Oct in this group get yours soon!

Will have to get a better photo off my wife's phone...ordered 10/9, delivered 6/8. MYLR White/Black +Tow....come to think of it, I should check the tow is actually there ;)

Cheers.
View attachment 814439
Quick follow up…had service center appointment today to install homelink and fix the minor fitment issues mentioned about. Everything went silky smooth..was in and out in little over an hour and they addressed everything possible except 1 small gap that was last on my list and not much of a concern.

Very slick to manage everything in the app from booking the appointment to having service summary docs all in one place…I can’t say enough about my experience with the SC in Rogers, MN…staff and facility were top notch…had a conference room for me to work while I waited.

Biggest concern now is how easy it is to break the speed limit…this thing flies…can’t imagine what the MYP is like….if this ever starts to feel normal I’ll spring for the acceleration boost.

Service center pic here.
1654926370111.jpeg

I got a VIN assigned on Wednesday, which is almost exactly 8 months after my order date of Oct 15th 2021.
Original config: 7LR, Blue, white interior, 19.
Modified on May 1st 2022: 7LR red, white, tow, 19 - keeping original pricing.

I live in Houston. Today SA texted me and said the vehicle is en-route to Houston delivery center, should get here by June 19th and delivery expexted on June 20-24.

Today Applied with DCU and they quoted 4% 65 months with credit score 775. Didn't like that and applied with FPCU, got 2.24 for 60 months.

What a journey. Still felt like my Tesla order is not real yet until i could touch it with my own hand 😄
Congrats! Which credit union is FPCU?

Well, well, well..... let me start with good news. VIN received. Yes, it did happen.

Now the details.

These days my routines were to check the app and online source for VIN multiple times a day. Last I checked today was around 3:15 PM EST, and of course, there was nothing.

I was driving at around 4:15 PM EST and received a text message. I peeked on my watch, and wallah, it basically said that VIN is assigned. The other day I was asking all of you what you felt when you received this text, so let me tell you how I felt. I found myself smiling for the rest of the drive, but not really over-the-top excitement. Maybe because I was driving or maybe because I have waited for a long time, or maybe because I know things can still go south.

Also, I quickly realized that I didn't know what to do next. In terms of insurance, etc. I'm trying to figure it out and it seems that I can upload my existing insurance in OH.

I also checked with the local store and they told me that car is still in Fremont and expected to arrive around the 24th and will take 2-3 days to get it ready for delivery. Time will tell.

Overall, exactly 8 months after I placed the order, I received VIN. Knowing many of you are still waiting, I can safely say that FSD (added on May 31st) did the job.

MYLR7, OD 10/10/21, PC complete 10/12/21, MSM/Blk (white til 3/25/22), No Tow, Added FSD (5/29/22): Original EDD April; 3/3-3/31; June; 4/4-5/2; June; 3/10-4/7; June; 5/17-6/14; 4/21-5/19; 6/15-7/13; June; 6/7-7/5; June; 6/7-7/5; 5/10-6/14; 5/15-5/29; 6/14-7/19; 6/16-7/14; 7/9-8/13; 6/22-7/6; 6-21-7/5; VIN 465XXX received 6/10/21 at 4:15 PM EST via text; Delivery expected between June 24-28.
Curious that people mentioned that Tesla warns adding FSD then removing it will delay their orders, but since you got your VIN, they can’t take it back? Please let us know how it goes removing FSD.

Reactions: WhiteWi
Curious that people mentioned that Tesla warns adding FSD then removing it will delay their orders, but since you got your VIN, they can’t take it back? Please let us know how it goes removing FSD.
It is expected to arrive at the delivery center on the 24th, so I won't even try until next weekend or so. Will update this group. I don't think FSD is ready for prime time, which means I'm going to give it a try. Will see how it goes.

Now the details.

Now the details.

I found Tesla insurance in the app to be best deal for me (could add a second car that isn't a Tesla too). Also with that you get Safety Score beta without needing FSD, so now I'm obsessed with getting a good score 🤣. I doubt I'll be offered FSD beta even with 98% though as I don't have regular FSD, but still fun waiting for the score update at the end of a drive.

Delivery date moved from early June to June 19th - July 2nd to July 22nd to August 26th for Blue MYLR White interior with Aero wheels. Completed all tasks, ordered on October 1st. Getting very annoyed because I bought all accessories thinking this would be the last delay and was my 3rd two week delivery window.

I found Tesla insurance in the app to be best deal for me (could add a second car that isn't a Tesla too). Also with that you get Safety Score beta without needing FSD, so now I'm obsessed with getting a good score 🤣. I doubt I'll be offered FSD beta even with 98% though as I don't have regular FSD, but still fun waiting for the score update at the end of a drive.
Just be warned that it might rob you off a lot of the joy of driving the Tesla because your rates will be tied to your safety score and that is a very imperfect metric at the moment.

I have FCW warnings almost every other drive because the system is very conservative. I don't mind it for the rare occasion that it may actually warn me when there is some potential chance for a collision but I would be really annoyed if I had to start modifying my driving just to avoid triggering Tesla's algorithms.

Reactions: btownalset
Just be warned that it might rob you off a lot of the joy of driving the Tesla because your rates will be tied to your safety score and that is a very imperfect metric at the moment.

I have FCW warnings almost every other drive because the system is very conservative. I don't mind it for the rare occasion that it may actually warn me when there is some potential chance for a collision but I would be really annoyed if I had to start modifying my driving just to avoid triggering Tesla's algorithms.
I got Tesla Insurance just after I got my car 3 weeks ago. First few drives my FCW went crazy. Went off over 100 times in a 20 mile drive. Got a score of 12. Tesla Insurance suggested an issue with sensors. My first service appointment is not until July. But, I have not had another FCW since. I think maybe a reset I did fixed it.

Now, I average over 95 every drive. Still working on correcting my overall score. It’s now at 82, but taken me 2 weeks to get back up and 1 more week before my first month ends.

As long as my FCW issue is resolved, I can keep my score above 95. And price of 75 or higher is better than other quotes I got.