Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm scheduled for a Tesla service appointment to fix a couple of minor issues like headlight, door handle adjustment. I was initially NOT going to worry about having them fix it since it was not just one or two but as i noticed a few more minor issues, i'm now inclined to have them fix them.

My dilemma is that i'm worried they will mess up other parts of the car while trying to fix these minor gaps or ruin the ppf. I mean we all have seen the posts by owner after their cars have been to service. So knowing that would you guys still have Tesla fix these things or just live with it?

Also, for all of you who have white cars with mismatched paint in the bumper vs other panels, the advisor offered to replace my bumper but flat out said it probably won't be able to fix the issue because all of the bumpers are the same way.

Also, for all of you who have white cars with mismatched paint in the bumper vs other panels, the advisor offered to replace my bumper but flat out said it probably won't be able to fix the issue because all of the bumpers are the same way.
I heard about this on White cars. From what I heard, the bumper itself is plastic and the body is aluminum. How the paint dries on the aluminum is Peral White but on the plastic bumper, its more Eggshell. Never noticed this before, until someone pointed it out to me. But I don't have white. I should check my MSM.

I heard about this on White cars. From what I heard, the bumper itself is plastic and the body is aluminum. How the paint dries on the aluminum is Peral White but on the plastic bumper, its more Eggshell. Never noticed this before, until someone pointed it out to me. But I don't have white. I should check my MSM.
Color is different on both my 21 M3LR PW bumper and body and my 22 MYLR MSM bumper and body.
I don’t notice it when I’m washing them in the yard, but once I pull them in to dry, you can definitely tell under the LED lights I have in the garage.
It is what it is 🤷🏻‍♀️❤️

I was getting accelerated delivery message before but no more (not worried about or interested in SR) but should I be completing my payment option now? My current EDD IS Jun 15 to Jun 29 with no VIN. Is it holding my delivery?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220613-183753_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220613-183753_Chrome.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 92
Just be warned that it might rob you off a lot of the joy of driving the Tesla because your rates will be tied to your safety score and that is a very imperfect metric at the moment.

I have FCW warnings almost every other drive because the system is very conservative. I don't mind it for the rare occasion that it may actually warn me when there is some potential chance for a collision but I would be really annoyed if I had to start modifying my driving just to avoid triggering Tesla's algorithms.
Yes I totally agree, trying to merge on a freeway below 50mph is not always possible and if above 50 then good luck finding a >1s gap to avoid an Unsafe Following penalty. Luckily in CA the score doesn't impact premium (yet?) But for states that do it would be challenging.

I missed a call from a person from Tesla Trade In team. He just left VM. Does it mean I am getting VIN assigned soon ? Did anyone get call from them before VIN assigned ? My EDD is 6/21 to 7/5. My OD was 10/22.
It should reflect in your account.. if you got a Vin.. good luck.. hope it is..

If you don’t see it.. go open your account at Tesla.com and press ctrl + U.. it will take you to source code.. search for “VIN “ it might show you.. If you have vin assigned..

Reactions: Aviateur17
I found birds love to take shots at my car. I have never had as many issues with birds in the past, today they got both the wind shield and the driver door handle so it isn’t a coincidence. Not sure if it is the color blue or just EVs they don’t like. It sure is a fun car to drive between car washes.
HAHAHA, Sorry to hear that but It's really funny, bro

I missed a call from a person from Tesla Trade In team. He just left VM. Does it mean I am getting VIN assigned soon ? Did anyone get call from them before VIN assigned ? My EDD is 6/21 to 7/5. My OD was 10/22.
I hope you get your VIN bro. Mine was moved from (06/19 - 07/02) to (07/22 - 08/26). I am in Virginia as well with OD October 1st. Mine's Blue MYLR with standard wheels.

I found birds love to take shots at my car. I have never had as many issues with birds in the past, today they got both the wind shield and the driver door handle so it isn’t a coincidence. Not sure if it is the color blue or just EVs they don’t like. It sure is a fun car to drive between car washes.
Birds don’t seem to poop on mine, they just like to fly out in front of me.
Also deer, they don’t understand Teslas due to no noise. I had a 20 minute conversation with this lady about staying away from my cars!

Attachments

• E1444E41-37BC-4F22-AC0D-0C5B308383E7.png
    E1444E41-37BC-4F22-AC0D-0C5B308383E7.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 52