Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh my goodness! I hope you were ok after that. I have never hit one, knock on wood. My husband however, hit 3 deer within a month. This is why he is NOT allowed to drive either one of the Teslas 😂
I got tossed around, they put a plate in my wrist but the 2 year old car didn't survive. My dog in the passenger seat was in better shape than I was. I am hoping Tesla's are as good at avoiding deer as they are avoiding cars.

I got tossed around, they put a plate in my wrist but the 2 year old car didn't survive. My dog in the passenger seat was in better shape than I was. I am hoping Tesla's are as good at avoiding deer as they are avoiding cars.
Wow, I’m so sorry that happened to you.
I hope they are as well, deer suck. I have a Mom and a set of twins down by my garden, I will have to be on the lookout for them now.

Reactions: Rskala518
That's exactly what I'm wondering as well. Tesla has some goal to produce 50% more cars every year and more and more at each factory and it seems like the wait times are doubling from 6 months to now 12 months. Does this all make sense? Is there that much demand?
Ordered Oct 2 msm white interior Gemini wheels sitting at July23-Aug26. Wife ordered her ford Mach E same day as me her car will be in the garage next week. Told her in October I would be happy to drive her in my Tesla Y to pick up her car since I would have it 4 months before she received hers guess joke is on me as she will drive me after a year to pick up mine hopefully

That's exactly what I'm wondering as well. Tesla has some goal to produce 50% more cars every year and more and more at each factory and it seems like the wait times are doubling from 6 months to now 12 months. Does this all make sense? Is there that much demand?
I noticed same...was originally going to order MYLR5 in Sep but EDD was Dec/Jan and being in MN didn't want to take delivery that time of year...couple weeks later it was already out to Mar/Apr delivery so I ordered 10/9 end that turned into delivery last week on 6/8. Must have been a big surge in orders back then?? Thinking back I recall lots of chatter on topic of EV tax rebates for 2022 that AFAIK never came to be.

Count me among the people getting pushed out. I had two two-week windows this month that I either entered into or got within one week of entering and now I'm pushed out a full month later. My current EDD is about 9 months from order and profile dates.

(details in signature, rotate phone on mobile to see)

I noticed same...was originally going to order MYLR5 in Sep but EDD was Dec/Jan and being in MN didn't want to take delivery that time of year...couple weeks later it was already out to Mar/Apr delivery so I ordered 10/9 end that turned into delivery last week on 6/8. Must have been a big surge in orders back then?? Thinking back I recall lots of chatter on topic of EV tax rebates for 2022 that AFAIK never came to be.
I always suspected it was due to 100k Hertz order. Even though Tesla said, no one cuts ahead, Hertz is receiving many Tesla's and that may have impacted the overall capacity of Fremont.

I always suspected it was due to 100k Hertz order. Even though Tesla said, no one cuts ahead, Hertz is receiving many Tesla's and that may have impacted the overall capacity of Fremont.
That’s a good point, I always forget about the Hertz order. I think it’s also the time the multiple price hikes were happening and people (like me) who has been waiting must have felt the urgency to place an order before another price hike occurred. I think the price hikes increased sales instead of diminishing them.

When you think about all these price increases, you start to think that the September/October orders are pretty low margin vehicles compared to post price increase cars. I think there were 3 price increases in that time frame and a few more since then including yesterday.

When you think about all these price increases, you start to think that the September/October orders are pretty low margin vehicles compared to post price increase cars. I think there were 3 price increases in that time frame and a few more since then including yesterday.
I said that in the 7 seater thread. Where is he incentive to deliver lower margin cars?

Reactions: rudebwoi