Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many of you guys and gals are going to spend to get PPF for your car? I feel like PPF is this weird cult thing with Tesla owners. Kinda tired of hearing about it on YouTube etc. is it really worth another $6 or 7k to protect paint? I get it, there’s no grill so the front is exposed more than an ICE car… but really?

I’m not getting it but I’m just curious for who is.
Having owned a model 3 in red since 2020 PPF was the best investment I made. The 1st week of ownership I had chips all over the hood. When my model Y lands PPF on the front clip is #1 on the list likely doing it myself this time though.

Attachments

• FB812546-6915-46AF-B929-98A0C56965CA.jpeg
    FB812546-6915-46AF-B929-98A0C56965CA.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 104
Reactions: MizzleD
Stopped by to check if everyone has received their October orders. I still cant believe some of you are waiting. My original order was Oct 1st (White ext, black interior, Induction wheels, no fsd, no tow). Gave up on April 10th and switched to a Performance model. VIN less than 24 hrs later. Delivery on April 23rd. Been enjoying this car for almost 2 months now. Just cant believe some of you are still waiting. Crazy!!!!!
Still waiting. EDD in oct/nov now. Sad…

Happy for you though! Enjoy the car!

Reactions: carpendj
Proof, Tesla is prioritizing new MYP orders as recently as a few days ago (6/10!) for delivery over ours. They have plenty of supply/parts to build our LONG OVERDUE MYLR builds but instead go to fulfilling customers overpaying at the current ridiculous prices.

Attachments

• 43B87F9F-2E6C-4E33-8FE3-5CF62FA19651.jpeg
    43B87F9F-2E6C-4E33-8FE3-5CF62FA19651.jpeg
    666.2 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: Aviateur17
Still waiting. They have no incentive to deliver a LR car from Oct reservation with no FSD.
I added FSD to my order cuz I was desperate already. Was able to get the original $10k price. Got my VIN exactly 2 weeks later. Don't know if the FSD helped speed it or along or not tho.

Ended up taking off FSD before scheduling delivery because most people said it's not worth it, even at the $10k vs $12k price

I added FSD to my order cuz I was desperate already. Was able to get the original $10k price. Got my VIN exactly 2 weeks later. Don't know if the FSD helped speed it or along or not tho.

Ended up taking off FSD before scheduling delivery because most people said it's not worth it, even at the $10k vs $12k price
So you added FSD when? And you got a VIN and pulled it? When? It worked? Did you just go to the “edit design” link on the Tesla account page?

Did your delivery date stay the same? No penalties?

Proof, Tesla is prioritizing new MYP orders as recently as a few days ago (6/10!) for delivery over ours. They have plenty of supply/parts to build our LONG OVERDUE MYLR builds but instead go to fulfilling customers overpaying at the current ridiculous prices.

I want to think it as a good news.. I believe its not that easy to change the production from MYP to MYLP for a factory.. there must be a lot involved.. so once they are current on MYP orders or atleast at a certain cutoff month / date, then they can switch to MYLR production and cover up the backlog.. anyways.. thats what I think..

Lets see guys.. keeping fingers crossed.. hopefully we get our cars sooner than expected..

I want to think it as a good news.. I believe its not that easy to change the production from MYP to MYLP for a factory.. there must be a lot involved.. so once they are current on MYP orders or atleast at a certain cutoff month / date, then they can switch to MYLR production and cover up the backlog.. anyways.. thats what I think..

Lets see guys.. keeping fingers crossed.. hopefully we get our cars sooner than expected..
Correct me if I’m wrong please but the MYP and the MYLR are the same car; with different wheels and a spoiler added. The performance is probably all software.

Edit: to me it doesn’t matter even if I’m wrong here. Somebody ordering any car in March, April, now should not get their car before those that ordered in the past, especially in the distant past.

Edit 2: it’s pretty awful that they are wasting time at Austin building the MYSR when there is such a backlog.

this is 100% correct. There is NO PART SHORTAGE for 2021 orders. They are choosing not to fulfill them before the more profitable cars.

Correct me if I’m wrong please but the MYP and the MYLR are the same car; with different wheels and a spoiler added. The performance is probably all software.

Edit: to me it doesn’t matter even if I’m wrong here. Somebody ordering any car in March, April, now should not get their car before those that ordered in the past, especially in the distant past.

Edit 2: it’s pretty awful that they are wasting time at Austin building the MYSR when there is such a backlog.
correct, the MYP is the same car except for suspension (lower), bigger brakes, headlights (matrix) and "spoiler". In other words, 99% the same.

So you added FSD when? And you got a VIN and pulled it? When? It worked? Did you just go to the “edit design” link on the Tesla account page?

Did your delivery date stay the same? No penalties?
I added fsd and 4 days later my edd vanished and im now stuck in tbd limbo. I’m an October order as well. All I’m told by the sa is that no one knows when I might get an edd back and they see the same thing as me which is nothing

• Informative
I added fsd and 4 days later my edd vanished and im now stuck in tbd limbo. I’m an October order as well. All I’m told by the sa is that no one knows when I might get an edd back and they see the same thing as me which is nothing
My EDD was June 20 to July 4th and I added FSD. Two days later my EDD went to November 22nd to January 17th. Doesn't make sense. Would like to get this vehicle as this is my first EV. I don't have any other ones to fall back on like many others here.

My EDD was June 20 to July 4th and I added FSD. Two days later my EDD went to November 22nd to January 17th. Doesn't make sense. Would like to get this vehicle as this is my first EV. I don't have any other ones to fall back on like many others here.
I completely agree none of this makes sense. Mine went from August-October to gone. This is my first ev and I would love to have it. I wish they would fill the old orders before giving all the newer ones preference.

Mine came with the charger but it only included the 120V adaptor.
Yes you will get the mobile charger. All orders placed before mid-end April 2022 get the charger.

Thank you all for your responses. I've already got the Gen 2 NEMA adaptor. Just got quoted $350 for installing NEMA outlet in SoCal. So gonna install that while still waiting patiently (...not when gas price is almost $7 nowadays) for delivery.

correct, the MYP is the same car except for suspension (lower), bigger brakes, headlights (matrix) and "spoiler". In other words, 99% the same.
The performance version isn’t using a different rear motor anymore? At the start of production, most if not all Y’s were using the performance rear motor (980s)…LRs were software limited. Once production got to a certain point, Tesla switched LRs to the 990 motor and performance kept the 980s. Tesla did something similar with the model 3 performance/dual motor long range at the start of production. However, it’s been a while since I’ve paid attention so this may have changed.

• Helpful
Reactions: SageBrush
The performance version isn’t using a different rear motor anymore? At the start of production, most if not all Y’s were using the performance rear motor (980s)…LRs were software limited. Once production got to a certain point, Tesla switched LRs to the 990 motor and performance kept the 980s. Tesla did something similar with the model 3 performance/dual motor long range at the start of production. However, it’s been a while since I’ve paid attention so this may have changed.
I don’t know. I had assumed the motors were the same, just software gave them more performance

• Disagree
Reactions: WhiteWi
I think me and @bluewhite79 are same-paging here; don’t get lost in fracas; nobody who orders a car that far after us should get one, period.

I get it, there are supply issues right now but this is not our problem or concern: They are clearly rolling cars out at record pace and the fact that people who are ordering now or even a month ago are getting VIN’d already is dispicable in the highest order.

I sold my old car with a belief that it would be about 4-5 months of shuffling and struggling with one car. Now 260 days later (9 months!) with like 5 to go and it’s becoming a strain.