Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreeing with @WiscWestCoast The Tesla SAs every time I call tell me that my PC in Feb 2022 is the reason my car is delayed. I was told and using common sense assumed that when I paid the $250 deposit that would put me in line for the car.

I just don't understand why Tesla wouldn't have some automatic email saying you are not in line yet due to the Profile being incomplete.

I've been trying to see if my assigned advisor would help me, but I have literally been ghosted and get zero responses.
Funny bc I’ve been told the opposite from every one I’ve spoken to lol. Or I was told to stop at payment.

the original thank you email says, “to move forward in the delivery process, confirm your registration information“ and that’s it. The order agreement says nothing either.

I see what the Tesla website says but I don’t believe the profile completion theory, though it is odd that I would get thisclose to EDD windows twice, in march and June, and then get pushed out.

Ordered October 22th, MYLR, White, White. Just got EDD from June 20 to July 4th Pushed to July 20 to August 28th! Completed profile in November. They even messaged me that "we currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in June," and asks me to reply "JUNE" to confirm. I don't know what the heck is going on.

• Informative
Reactions: Aviateur17
Funny bc I’ve been told the opposite from every one I’ve spoken to lol. Or I was told to stop at payment.

the original thank you email says, “to move forward in the delivery process, confirm your registration information“ and that’s it. The order agreement says nothing either.

I see what the Tesla website says but I don’t believe the profile completion theory, though it is odd that I would get thisclose to EDD windows twice, in march and June, and then get pushed out.
FWIW, my SA sent me an email a day after I placed my order and said I’d need to complete any remaining tasks(aka complete my profile) to be put in queue officially. I thought it was weird that Tesla doesn’t communicate this with their customer clearly/publicly since many (most) people order online and don’t have SAs but I completed my profile anyway and glad I did.

Also, I believe Tesla stopped that practice for orders placed after Nov/Dec but for us October folks, profile completion still does matter. Now, as with anything Tesla, it’s hard to say something is 💯% the case because a) they don’t communicate even the important stuff openly and b)they change their policy and priorities all the time depending on what makes sense for their EOQ reporting.

After waiting 9-10 months I added FSD and received a VIN within 24 hours. From what I have seen FSD doesn't change your order if you are earlier in the wait but if you've been waiting a really long time it skips you ahead right away.
I wish this was the case. Maybe its because I'm 8 months but when I added FSD my EDD disappeared and I'm left with a TBD.

• Informative
Reactions: Aviateur17
so yesterday my EDD change from jun 19-July 3rd to June 28-july8th
The weird thing is that my SA called in the afternoon and said I would receive VIN this week once received to finalize paperwork and payment as I’m expected to take delivery before end of the month, anybody else get a call ?
MYLR7 blk/blk 20” now tow / no FSD located socal
Mine also moved to 6/25-7/5 today morning. My SA said the car should come in by end of this month.

I spoke with the Columbus center today and although I won’t type out everything we spoke about there were a couple of things I learned.

1. Something happened in the supply chain that basically stopped production with the LR that backed them up about 3 months.
  2. in some cases, they were offering to add Performance wheels to LR becase there is an induction wheel shortage.
  3. Performance vehicles are being produced faster (obviously)
  4. All of the LR orders delivered out here are about a year old
  5. Nothing in my profile is holding me up.
as annoyed as I get about this, there aren’t any configs like mine really going out. I see a few on the electric man YouTube channel but other than that it seems like its the 7 seaters (finally) and Gemini’s time now.

edit: everybody at the Columbus service center is so nice and they’ve always been fantastic to me.

I spoke with the Columbus center today and although I won’t type out everything we spoke about there were a couple of things I learned.

1. Something happened in the supply chain that basically stopped production with the LR that backed them up about 3 months.
  2. in some cases, they were offering to add Performance wheels to LR becase there is an induction wheel shortage.
as annoyed as I get about this, there aren’t any configs like mine really going out. I see a few on the electric man YouTube channel but other than that it seems like its the 7 seaters (finally) and Gemini’s time now.

edit: everybody at the Columbus service center is so nice and they’ve always been fantastic to me.
I hope you get yours soon. They are making LR now and have all the parts that need for your car (since its going out in other cars), they should be able to do it.

Reactions: MizzleD

Thats really interesting. Did they say if inductions are still causing a problem? Did you ask about switching to gemini wheels?

Thats really interesting. Did they say if inductions are still causing a problem? Did you ask about switching to gemini wheels?
I didn’t ask about the Gemini because I wouldn’t switch or go through the stress of trying to make a switch out happen. They made it seem like the LRs are coming soon. I think by end of July they are expecting a large batch to come out.

So for your number 4.
Are you saying that my 22 MYLR that they told me had a manufacture date of 5/1/2022 wasn’t really manufactured that date but it was from last year?
Just curious 🧐

Did you remove the FSD?
Yes, I did. My overall price went back to what I had before adding FSD. I still have VIN in my account and have another delivery appointment in a few days. But I'm being told that my car is in transit, and it's been in Chicago for the last several days, so I'm not sure if removing FSD was a good idea. I'm willing to take a chance, so not a big deal for me, but I hope they deliver.

@MR52 was supposed to pick a car today in Columbus, but somehow it was totaled in Chicago during transit, so who knows what the f... is cooking there.