Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny bc I’ve been told the opposite from every one I’ve spoken to lol. Or I was told to stop at payment.

the original thank you email says, “to move forward in the delivery process, confirm your registration information“ and that’s it. The order agreement says nothing either.

I see what the Tesla website says but I don’t believe the profile completion theory, though it is odd that I would get thisclose to EDD windows twice, in march and June, and then get pushed out.
Yup same here!

So for your number 4.
Are you saying that my 22 MYLR that they told me had a manufacture date of 5/1/2022 wasn’t really manufactured that date but it was from last year?
Just curious 🧐
I think he may have meant that the LRs they are delivering have order dates about a year ago...but even that doesn't hold water as most deliveries right now are Oct, Nov, Dec orders....not June '21 orders.

I think he may have meant that the LRs they are delivering have order dates about a year ago...but even that doesn't hold water as most deliveries right now are Oct, Nov, Dec orders....not June '21 orders.
Well, you gotta look at the config though. 20s with tow. White and white. I haven’t seen that many white cars being delivered in this thread, and definitely not with 20s. Most cars right now are Gemini LR and most certainly not white. All I see is blue, red, MSM

Well, you gotta look at the config though. 20s with tow. White and white. I haven’t seen that many white cars being delivered in this thread, and definitely not with 20s. Most cars right now are Gemini LR and most certainly not white. All I see is blue, red, MSM
Okay, but didn't he tell you all recent MYLR deliveries had ~1 year old order dates? I understand your config may be a rare one and have more of a delay than some other configs.

Yes, I did. My overall price went back to what I had before adding FSD. I still have VIN in my account and have another delivery appointment in a few days. But I'm being told that my car is in transit, and it's been in Chicago for the last several days, so I'm not sure if removing FSD was a good idea. I'm willing to take a chance, so not a big deal for me, but I hope they deliver.

@MR52 was supposed to pick a car today in Columbus, but somehow it was totaled in Chicago during transit, so who knows what the f... is cooking there.
Ah I see.. that’s good to know.. price went to what it was and did not go to current prices.. keeping my fingers crossed and hoping you get your car..

Sorry to hear that MR52.. I would be devastated.. to hear such news.. sucks..

Reactions: Tezla. and MizzleD
Can anyone recommend floor mat and other accessories off of Amazon for MYLR 7 seater blue/black 19"?
I would suggest to wait till your car is close to delivery.. Atleast you will have chance to return.. If you don’t like it.. with current delivery dates.. who knows when the car is gonna come..

Between.. I have created a Tesla list on Amazon for different accessories 😎I can share with you.. if you wanna pm me your email address..

So for your number 4.
Are you saying that my 22 MYLR that they told me had a manufacture date of 5/1/2022 wasn’t really manufactured that date but it was from last year?
Just curious 🧐
As I understand, you get your VIN assigned when they match the car they made to your configuration.. so you get the latest and greatest of what they are producing that day.. it’s not manufactured before and later given to you.. again.. that’s my understanding from whatever communication I had with Tesla YouTubers..

Reactions: 3YMimi73 and Tezla.
So you added FSD when? And you got a VIN and pulled it? When? It worked? Did you just go to the “edit design” link on the Tesla account page?

Did your delivery date stay the same? No penalties?
Added FSD around 4 weeks ago from the 'edit design' part on my account. Got a VIN exactly 2 weeks later ( 2 weeks ago). Called up Tesla to finalize delivery and payment info and took off FSD with no issue. Delivery date and VIN stayed the same. No penalty. Picking up tesla this Sunday, the 26th.

Added FSD around 4 weeks ago from the 'edit design' part on my account. Got a VIN exactly 2 weeks later ( 2 weeks ago). Called up Tesla to finalize delivery and payment info and took off FSD with no issue. Delivery date and VIN stayed the same. No penalty. Picking up tesla this Sunday, the 26th.
What was your EDD before you added FSD? I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Add FSD---get a VIN and a delivery date that is well before my current late 2022 EDD---remove FSD---keep the new EDD---take delivery this summer. Seems like a good way to speed things up, in theory.

If I get stuck with FSD and can't remove it I will cancel the order, earlier EDD or not. I can't justify the extra cost. If I add and remove FSD and the EDD gets pushed farther off into next year, what's a few more months of waiting. A performance upgrade, which seems to be a sure way to speed things up, is not for me.

Truth is that I do not expect to ever get the car delivered in its original config, -$11k vs current pricing. Yet here I sit, like a fool, checking the app/website in a vain hope of seeing a VIN. I might as well try something

Just read in the other group.. someone with LR October order got Austin build MY.. that’s great news.. Austin cars are coming with 4680 battery pack! Have faith guys.. we will get our cars.. 🤞
If that is a LR in that thread there is still no assurance it has 4680 cells. Tesla is on record saying they will be making cars with 2170 cells out of Austin.

It would be great if Austin has the 2170 LR line up and running as it is the one sure way to start making a dent in the long wait for MYLR that is currently looking like 8-12 months.

Reactions: WhiteWi
I love how Tesla is pumping out tons of Model Ys in Austin that nobody ordered in the hopes that they’ll successfully get people to pay the same or more money for a car with 50+ miles of less range.

Waste.
You have no clue what they are doing. New 0-60 numbers already beat LR by a lot. Who knows what they will be able to do with range once they iron out the tech.

• Love
Reactions: Tezla.
You have no clue what they are doing. New 0-60 numbers already beat LR by a lot. Who knows what they will be able to do with range once they iron out the tech.
I know exactly what they are doing lol because we can see it. They are building a car and lots of them, real world testing or not, they are producing a car that nobody ordered and asking people to switch and pay the same or more. Jeeze dude save your thumbs down.

Doesn’t matter what the end game is I’m not wrong and I don’t need to know the end game to see what’s happening short term.