Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fellow October 2021'er. Don't give up hope, I had an ETA of Sept-Oct until Sunday. After a wild chaotic week, we were able to pick our car up last night.

Red MYLR/7-Seater/Tow/White Interior

modely.jpg

I’m sorry to hear, and pardon me for not going back to see your older content. Whatever issues you had, where they serious? Are they resolved?
Haha, it’s ok.
Issues…Penthouse Perimeter Seal, all fixed now, thankfully!
Paint, the paint job is awful! You can see little “pimples” in the paint. They are like hard little spots. And there are 2 bigger spots where it’s not MSM it’s black. Obviously the paint issues won’t be resolved unless I just get a whole new car 😆 I didn’t notice them until I got home and I had PPF installed on the front bumper and you can really see them on that. The PPF didn’t adhere to those spots.
Drivers side headlight was not aligned with the hood. But in actuality they needed to move the whole front bumper to make it look how it should. So that was resolved when I got the PPS replaced.
The alignment was way off so that was fixed at the same time as everything else.
I’m happy with the car but not happy with the car. I was spoiled with the M3LR as it had absolutely no issues whatsoever and after a year it still has no issues. 😊

• Helpful
Reactions: MizzleD
Haha, it’s ok.
Issues…Penthouse Perimeter Seal, all fixed now, thankfully!
Paint, the paint job is awful! You can see little “pimples” in the paint. They are like hard little spots. And there are 2 bigger spots where it’s not MSM it’s black. Obviously the paint issues won’t be resolved unless I just get a whole new car 😆 I didn’t notice them until I got home and I had PPF installed on the front bumper and you can really see them on that. The PPF didn’t adhere to those spots.
Drivers side headlight was not aligned with the hood. But in actuality they needed to move the whole front bumper to make it look how it should. So that was resolved when I got the PPS replaced.
The alignment was way off so that was fixed at the same time as everything else.
I’m happy with the car but not happy with the car. I was spoiled with the M3LR as it had absolutely no issues whatsoever and after a year it still has no issues. 😊
🫢 wow. Glad to hear it’s being worked out; enormously frustrating.

Reactions: 3YMimi73
Sounds like you are straight. You were way pass the completed profile point if you got to financing. Best way to set up for a new order is select cash, with no trade in and switch when you get VIN assigned.

Thanks for the replies- Since I am already in and interest rates are going up, I am crossing my fingers I get delivery before I have to redo and rates are higher. I did talk to local credit union about locking in a rate with them so I have that option (they are currently higher than my rate). Thanks all! Back to checking my app 10 times a day :/

So I am relatively new to this forum (I have come to commiserate with other October order holders) and I see a lot of "when you actually finished your profile" and it gets me nervous that I have done something wrong even though I think I am all good. Is there anywhere you can see a date that says when you "finished your profile"? I did financing through the Tesla website and several times the terms have expired and I have had to redo it. Does that reset my date? I also changed my color once a few months back and Tesla rep told me it would not change my place in line relative to other people with the new configuration. I just want to double triple sure I am locked in. My profile next steps just say "be ready for delivery" so I assume I am good to go. Just looking for some confirmation.

You can find it in Tesla web portal > source code > search for “lastUpdateDatetime”.

Reactions: Stardew
To those of you still waiting, I’m Sorry. I stop into this thread every now and then to see how you are all hanging in there.
I’ve had my MY for a month now and not gonna lie, I wish I was in the same situation as some of you because now that Austin is producing MYLR, I would have preferred one of them. It’s not a guarantee that it will come from there but you never know. I’m in NY so I know eventually us East Coasters will end up with them.
Everybody keep praying, your day will come. And hopefully your MY doesn’t have any issues, as mine did.
It could be worse I suppose... I just had a fender bender with my 1 month old MY after never having had any accident/contact for over a decade 😕

Fortunately it is cosmetic and the car still drives fine (bumper lightly scraped and metal panel over front passenger side wheel well has a small dent and some paint scraped off along with a chip or two). But I still feel sick about it. Glad I hadn't dropped several grand on ceramic coatings or PPF which would only have added more salt to the wound 😄

Hang in there everyone. It will be worth the wait!

It could be worse I suppose... I just had a fender bender with my 1 month old MY after never having had any accident/contact for over a decade 😕

Fortunately it is cosmetic and the car still drives fine (bumper lightly scraped and metal panel over front passenger side wheel well has a small dent and some paint scraped off along with a chip or two). But I still feel sick about it. Glad I hadn't dropped several grand on ceramic coatings or PPF which would only have added more salt to the wound 😄

This is why I won’t do PPF.

OH NO, That stinks.
Hopefully you can get it fixed quickly and it will be as good as new. 😊
I did PPF the front bumper and the lower areas on all 4 doors but he only charged me $550 so I was happy with that.